Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. Took delivery. Of a pretty much perfect Model S woot.

I didn't see any obvious paint defects. The lines look fine to me. I have the worm.

One big issue that I didn't notice till I was driving. My AC just blows hot air. Thank goodness it's getting cold here but it was 75 today. AC woulda been nice on the drive home. Guess service appt is getting scheduled soon.

Everything was in the car except the cover over the trunk storage. I have to create a service appt for that too. Floor mats, fobs, parcel shelf.

Seats in the rear have a very minor wrinkle. Not anything to bother me. Likely will go away with time.

Doors are hard to close. But they seem to be getting better already.

Drives like a maniac. Love it. Yoke I'm still trying to remember to push buttons to turn.

Overall. Damn thing is awesome. The wait sucked. Today was a good day.

Software is 2021.40.6, said firmware was applied yesterday.

I also had a fun challenge. I kept hitting play on Spotify and it would just stop. Over and over again. Stupid me. I had the volume down to zero. I turned it to 11 and worked fine. :D

The kitty shirt is the cat from the prototype MS window stickers by the way.

PXL_20211203_173156427.MP.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20211203_222121209.jpg
    PXL_20211203_222121209.jpg
    762.8 KB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20211203_221220229.jpg
    PXL_20211203_221220229.jpg
    788.9 KB · Views: 69
  • PXL_20211203_221205223.jpg
    PXL_20211203_221205223.jpg
    970.6 KB · Views: 80
  • PXL_20211203_221045217.jpg
    PXL_20211203_221045217.jpg
    877.6 KB · Views: 66
  • PXL_20211203_212119621.jpg
    PXL_20211203_212119621.jpg
    906.2 KB · Views: 74
  • PXL_20211203_210026347.jpg
    PXL_20211203_210026347.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 94
  • PXL_20211203_184114801.jpg
    PXL_20211203_184114801.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • PXL_20211203_174313734.jpg
    PXL_20211203_174313734.jpg
    486.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

I didn't see any obvious paint defects. The lines look fine to me. I have the worm.

One big issue that I didn't notice till I was driving. My AC just blows hot air. Thank goodness it's getting cold here but it was 75 today. AC woulda been nice on the drive home. Guess service appt is getting scheduled soon.

Everything was in the car except the cover over the trunk storage. I have to create a service appt for that too. Floor mats, fobs, parcel shelf.

Seats in the rear have a very minor wrinkle. Not anything to bother me. Likely will go away with time.

Drives like a maniac. Love it. Yoke I'm still trying to remember to push buttons to turn.

Overall. Damn thing is awesome. The wait sucked. Today was a good day. View attachment 740334
Very nice, congrats! Love the color!

Overall. Damn thing is awesome. The wait sucked. Today was a good day. View attachment 740334
Enjoy your new car in good health! 🦚 🦚

Congratulations! It's a beauty. Perfect 1000th post.

That AC blowing hot might be a big deal. Isn't it the same compressor that keeps your battery cool? Maybe they forgot to charge the cooling system. I think I would show up at the service center / delivery center to confirm there is no risk of damage.

Hell yeah, congrats bro!!

Congratulations! It's a beauty. Perfect 1000th post.

That AC blowing hot might be a big deal. Isn't it the same compressor that keeps your battery cool? Maybe they forgot to charge the cooling system. I think I would show up at the service center / delivery center to confirm there is no risk of damage.
Hmmm. Might be something worth stoping by for. I'm not sure if it's the same system or not. No funny warnings or anything on the dash.

Fingers crossed its not serious. If by chance its just a software issue, have you rebooted the car? Can't hurt.
Yea. Did the two scroll wheels and the wheel change method. Nada. Now I do have a warning

Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault. Poo. No heat either.

Attachments

• PXL_20211204_005813525.jpg
    PXL_20211204_005813525.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 68
Yea. Did the two scroll wheels and the wheel change method. Nada. Now I do have a warning

Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault. Poo. No heat either.

I thought Al Gore was the climate keeper and what does he have to do with your system fault. Hope it is not super cereal.