Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up (delivered to house) my LR yesterday. What a car. A few thoughts
  • What a rocket. Coming from a cheap Ford Fusion Hybrid - just wow
  • Paint/gaps almost perfect, no complaints.
  • Missing trunk privacy shade - requesting that
  • All season tires did surprisingly well after 19 inches of snow the night before. Plows were out and roads weren't good at all, still it handled it well. I'll most likely still get winter tires for MN winters
  • A lot to learn on the screen. SA who delivered car showed me the basics, but I'll need to spend some time just playing
Bringing it in for tint/PPF next week during a business trip. Once I get it back I'll post a few pics. As others said... it's worth the wait!

Being in the driver’s seat, I don’t think I have ever seen mine light! Don’t really care what those “pulling up the rear” think, either! To each their own!

Now, headlights are an altogether different matter!
I was following a Plaid MSM the other day and it braked several times in highway traffic. Idk what the big fuss is over brake lights. They look fine to me. Agree modern headlights a bigger need for update

I don't mind it. They'll probably say it's "within spec."

On the bright side, it's only noticable in direct sunlight and when looking down which I don't do because I'm usually the driver. 😂
Others in the TMC community have put in a service request and had it replaced with a vein less or not visible. HQ guidance may have tightened to limit cosmetic replacements but worth a try.

Reactions: NiceOlives
Just when I thought I would be finally receiving a Vin soon the dates moved again. 🤬🤬🤬

Ordered 6/7 RN11510 Red/Black LR w/19’s no FSD

Originally when ordered it said October estimated delivery.

8/10 Changed to Nov 12th- Dec 2nd 👎

8/18 Changed to Nov 27th-Dec 17th 👎

8/19 Changed to Nov 6th-26th 👍

9/02 Changed to Nov 22nd- Dec 12th 👎

9/18 Changed to Nov 1st-21st 👍

9/30 Changed to Nov 17th - Dec 7th 👎

10/8 Changed to Dec 5th-31st 👎

10/31 Changed to Nov 23rd-Dec 21st 👍

11/5 Changed to Dec 12th-31st 👎

12/3 Changed to Dec 22nd-31st 👍

12/12 Changed to Jan 16th-Feb 13th 👎

Last edited:
I was following a Plaid MSM the other day and it braked several times in highway traffic. Idk what the big fuss is over brake lights. They look fine to me. Agree modern headlights a bigger need for update
Pics of my Y vs my Plaid tails. Huge difference aesthetically

Attachments

• 736618F9-9848-464E-A2C7-304E1FBF713A.jpeg
    736618F9-9848-464E-A2C7-304E1FBF713A.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 8EA559F0-324D-4356-9657-9B6FAD4F26A6.jpeg
    8EA559F0-324D-4356-9657-9B6FAD4F26A6.jpeg
    333.8 KB · Views: 65
  • C294789B-9B0A-4BDF-86F6-4C355FCA29F6.jpeg
    C294789B-9B0A-4BDF-86F6-4C355FCA29F6.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 66
Hm. Is there anyway to tell Tesla I’ll happily pick up the car in Fremont if it gets me the car quicker?
I would love if every person who ordered before me would get their LR first, but obviously that just isn’t the case. Being in SoCal it’s easy to get up there for me. Wonder if that is even an option for EoY/EoQ.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
May be my ignorance at the time of taking delivery and even after that... does Model S trunk comes with a separate carpet like the front and rear row? If it does then I think it's too late to raise a service request.

The old ones, at least the majority without third row seating, did not.

One of the few things I can recommend from the Tesla store is frunk, trunk, and sub trunk liners. Hard time clean once things get dirty.

The old ones, at least the majority without third row seating, did not.

One of the few things I can recommend from the Tesla store is frunk, trunk, and sub trunk liners. Hard time clean once things get dirty.
I am not clear.. are you saying there is no trunk floor mat comes with 2021/2022 refresh Model Ss.. I bought all weather floot mats for front & rear rows.