Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are over 20 Plaids in inventory in my area. About half are 2021s and the rest are 2022s. Who would pick the 2021 at the same price as the 2022 - colors and options being equal, which in many cases they are? No one, right?

I'd consider it if the 21 was perfect and had wood trim. I suspect most would not.

Interesting to see how Tesla handles this surplus. I don't see the price coming down, but a years worth of free SuC would be nice.

That pretty much sums up everyone's thoughts............well, except for a few?
one of the crazy few - happy with the LR and never desired the Plaid even if discounted. Don’t need/want the additional speed and do want the additional range. Completely understand why someone WOULD want it but just not for my wife and I. Embarrassed to say I have our LR in Chill at the moment ;-)

one of the crazy few - happy with the LR and never desired the Plaid even if discounted. Don’t need/want the additional speed and do want the additional range. Completely understand why someone WOULD want it but just not for my wife and I. Embarrassed to say I have our LR in Chill at the moment ;-)
I agree. Want the longer range. Don't want more speed.
I had a similar decision when I bought my first Model S in 2015. Could have brought the P version but same decision.

I'd consider it if the 21 was perfect and had wood trim. I suspect most would not.

Interesting to see how Tesla handles this surplus. I don't see the price coming down, but a years worth of free SuC would be nice.
I’m not sure I’d consider 20ish cars in a major metro area a surplus. Most auto manufacturers prefer to have a 60-90 inventory on hand of vehicles. I think we need to see how quickly those cars disappear before deeming them a surplus that would warrant a price change.

I don't agree with your assessment that you are crazy? Live you life as you want to! Don't be embarrassed to do so! Different people have different needs/wants.

No wood; all CF - at least the local inventory here. There are Red ones, but no big wood for you!

6CFD1389-1029-4E02-845A-415E97351B2F.png

I also want the LR over the Plaid, but if same price i'd grab the Plaid in a heartbeat.
I'd take a minor exception over the range difference as I think it is actually negligible, but to each their own.
i am a "maximum range desired" kinda guy, though I expect to jack rabbit it for quite some time.
I do believe the LR with the 21" wheels will get worse range than the Plaid with 19" but I'm too lazy to check the configurator.
Still, 0-60 in 3.1 is plenty fast for me.
My current beast is 0-60 in i think 4.7 with a 449hp engine, and that is more than quick enough for me - 0-60 in 3.1 will be...insane!!!!!

I have a 450HP M550 with supposedly 0-60 in 3.9. honestly I never dared to even attempt it or try the launch start. hence anythign faster than what I have now will for sure be mroe than enough. Plaid is way way over speed and price!!!!

We have a MB 560 that supposed to do it in 4.5.

Never measured it, because it just seems like the car don't like to be driven that way.

MS has no turbo lag, so I did a few runs and it came in right about 4.2.

If you only consider 0-60 time, the plaid is worth the money over the LR at today's pricing.

Having said that, it's a lot of money for the Plaid. Gotta save some for the CT Quad Motor.

I’m not sure I’d consider 20ish cars in a major metro area a surplus. Most auto manufacturers prefer to have a 60-90 inventory on hand of vehicles. I think we need to see how quickly those cars disappear before deeming them a surplus that would warrant a price change.
People have been worrying about "lack of demand" for years yet Tesla has been increasing production by 50+% a year and still has a growing backlog of orders. They just stopped taking orders for S and X outside of North America to try to control demand.

me too. got pushed from Dec 20 -31 to Jan 16 - mid Feb
Sorry to hear that. You must have missed the cutoff for shipment to Florida.
My reservation is still holding on (by the skin of its teeth) at 23 - 31 December. I'm in California a few hours from the factory so hopefully I won't get bumped to next year.

I roll around in chill 90% of the time now that I understand the battery drain of insane