Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a delivery appointment set for the 28th but nothing else has updated on the page, it just displays the appointment details. Is this normal? It still says “we are drafting your contract” and the VIN isn’t there (but I can see it in the source code). My SA is unresponsive. I’m hoping all the agreements and remaining documents pop in a day or two.

Well, at least you avoided year end chaos at delivery.
My EDD is similar, but I'm doing cream and 19"
I fully expect to be pushed out into May or even early June.
I still have time until I really need a new car so I’m ok with waiting until May-June. But I’m still gonna keep an eye on the used market, maybe snag something there instead.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Anybody taking delivery soon?

For those that have, is it true the rear screen does not play media when driving?

How about some updates on the ANC, or noise mitigation effectiveness?

The rear screen absolutely plays media while driving. Whoever said it doesn't is wrong. The front doesn't (while driving) and there is only one audio stream in the car (so if my daughter is watching Netflix in the back, we're all listening to what she's watching). I hope they enable a bluetooth audio stream for the rear screen at some point. She could wear headphones and watch to her hearts delight, and my wife and I could have our own music up front.

I like ARNR, some others say it's not good enough. I went into it knowing it wouldn't be ANC (and it's not), but I like it and think it works.

Not unless you have an email or some sort of proof from them they intended to
I am very glad I read your message about this. I just emailed my SA and for the first time ever she actually replied! Color me shocked!! She confirmed that since I ordered the Long Range with 19" tires it will be delivered with all-seasons. After months of radio silence, I am shocked she actually replied. One thing I did was put only my RN as the title of email, or that I only asked that simple question. I did follow up asking if there was any indication of impending VIN and whether I'd take delivery this month still.

I'll gladly take a set of summer tires for free if they deliver my LR with them as I now have the proof as you stated.

Tesla has advanced automobile production far beyond the legacy auto stasis. For instance, VW has asknowledged that Tesla is far ahead, taking only 10 hours to assemble a car when VW takes 30. The large casting machines are a quantum leap in manufacturing efficiency.
As for service, I read a lot of anecdotal whinging about "bad service" but my experience over seven years (including recent visits for 12v battery and MCU2) has always been excellent availability, performance and professionalism.
Mobile service is game-changing all by itself. Love it.

Hello everyone. I know that there are obvious delays with the Model S, but I wanted to see if my case was extreme. I placed my order on July 11, and at that time, Tesla gave a delivery window of September-October. That obviously came and went with delivery dates being pushed out to November and then December. My most recent window was December 21-31, which was a much smaller time frame than the 1 month windows I have been getting in the past. So I thought that was more concrete. Well last night, my profile updated to a delivery window of January 6-February 3. That pushes me to 6 months post order for a possible delivery.

Are others in the same boat for delivery time frames? I figured waiting 3-4 months would be long enough. But 6 months plus is getting out of hand. Please let me know if others are experiencing the same length of delays.
In a few weeks my reservation will be at its first anniversary. But to be fair, I rejected a low quality delivery attempt a few weeks ago.

This part was in my center console when I picked up the car. anyone have any idea what it is?

View attachment 744564View attachment 744565
Just following up if anyone is interested. This mounts right above the front wireless chargers, under the screen. Weird thing is, my part is already there and seems to be normal.

Let me know if you’re missing this in your S because they left it in my center console

The rear screen absolutely plays media while driving. Whoever said it doesn't is wrong. The front doesn't (while driving) and there is only one audio stream in the car (so if my daughter is watching Netflix in the back, we're all listening to what she's watching). I hope they enable a bluetooth audio stream for the rear screen at some point. She could wear headphones and watch to her hearts delight, and my wife and I could have our own music up front.

I like ARNR, some others say it's not good enough. I went into it knowing it wouldn't be ANC (and it's not), but I like it and think it works.
Still not clear why some people have it in 44.5 and others don't. Reports that it showed up several days after the update for people who aren't in Early Access. I can't wait to get it as I have 295's all around without foam and they are noisy.

Still not clear why some people have it in 44.5 and others don't. Reports that it showed up several days after the update for people who aren't in Early Access. I can't wait to get it as I have 295's all around without foam and they are noisy.
Agreed. The Early Access feature appears to be no longer an impediment (disclosure: I am Early Access).

I see it as, it is either (1) good enough to roll out broadly (so more non-EAP are getting it), or (2) needs more data to fine tune. Either way, it should go out to as many vehicles as possible at this point IMO.

I think where it helps most is definitely rolling road noise, so hopefully it helps with the 295s. What wheels are you running? Assuming 21s?

@lbowroom. Funny you say that as I was getting hacked off as well, and then, just now, it started downloading/installing!

CB2B1881-D2A9-41FA-984A-27B3FB0D27B4.png

Agreed. The Early Access feature appears to be no longer an impediment (disclosure: I am Early Access).

I see it as, it is either (1) good enough to roll out broadly (so more non-EAP are getting it), or (2) needs more data to fine tune. Either way, it should go out to as many vehicles as possible at this point IMO.

I think where it helps most is definitely rolling road noise, so hopefully it helps with the 295s. What wheels are you running? Assuming 21s?
Signature SV502's 21 x 10.5