Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heres a few pics with the tail lights blacked out. Sorry not great pics, night time and in high rise garage.
190001D6-2C89-451B-ABF9-1A47FAE22F25.jpeg

Over backyard bonfire bourbons with some of the dads from town the other night, one guy asks another if he got his new car delivered yet...it had been months. He said, "ya, I finally got the douche-mobile". I immediately assumed he took delivery of a Plaid. It was however a Taycan Grand Turismo (the station wagon rear end). Everyone walks around the front of the house to see the car, and point at my wife's X and ask if that's it (WTF?). Then behind her car on the street side is the Taycan. Beautiful shape (YMMV) although I have no affection for the front end of the Taycans that remind me of an 80s Pontiac. Everyone oohed and awed. Someone asked me about how my wife likes the X. I answer that she thinks its cool and does stupid tricks. They're like "whaaat?". So I ask if the Porsche can do this and play the Christmas Easter egg

Everyone is like WTAF....that was very funny...took the Porsche guy's air out of his sails, so I steered the discussion back to his new baby so as not to join the douche club.
Very nice story! I think there’s a lot of unknowns regarding Tesla out there in the world yet. And people are surprised when they experience the “goofier” side of Tesla.

And yeah, I’m sure the Taycan is a fantastic car, but I too have no interest. Range, charging network, Autopilot. I’d miss all of them.

So for those with ARNR with version 2021.44.5 does your release notes mention the upgrade? Mine does not. Just curious if it’s related to wheel size as mentioned by others. I have my winter setup with 19” wheels currently and I don’t have the ARNR option.

View attachment 744958
Mine did not. Not in the release notes, and I'm not sure that it even does anything in the car when toggled on. I was hoping for something more substantial than this. Perhaps it's coming? "Soon"?

So for those with ARNR with version 2021.44.5 does your release notes mention the upgrade? Mine does not. Just curious if it’s related to wheel size as mentioned by others. I have my winter setup with 19” wheels currently and I don’t have the ARNR option.

View attachment 744958
Nope. Did not. But the setting is there.

Cheapens the flagship model, IMHO; by making it look similar to the entry level models, like the 3 SR.... Purely a profit enhancing move, I think. YMMV/YOMV.
It does make it look more uniform, but it also gets rid of the more-than-dated pixilated 2012 taillights (these look to finally be diffused), and more importantly the black bar. I do generally like things across the lineup to be more uniform, but that's IMHO. :)

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
It does make it look more uniform, but it also gets rid of the more-than-dated pixilated 2012 taillights (these look to finally be diffused), and more importantly the black bar. I do generally like things across the lineup to be more uniform, but that's IMHO. :)
Right; as I said, "YMMV/YOMV"; where, "O" is short for Opinion! 😄 Keeping the old black bar, extending into the new tail lights would be better, IMHO.

View attachment 744958

Mine doesn’t mention the upgrade, but I do have it showing up in my options (but “calibrating” the last I looked). 19”