Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they say that they will go over the car for issues beforehand?
I'm picking up at delivery center, so I'll do an inspection at that time. It's an NF463 vin so I'm not expecting anything crazy issue wise.

I had received a call from tesla last week telling me I was matched to a car in transit. Then next morning booted out to feb/Mar and I made a stink about it and was put in touch with the store leader and I expressed my frustrations with the process. Flash forward to an hour ago she calls me directly informing me she saw an exact match in system and could assign vin to me. She was talking with someone internally on teams so makes me think she put out in a group chat after our car if they have a red/cream to let her know. Just so happened they had one at another delivery center in Chicagoland and assigned me the vin.

Apparently there are hundreds of model ses (s's?, $'s?, Ese?) available.

I popped by the lot near me. They had 7 wrapped in transport *sugar* still. Every one of them had some pretty bad quality issues. Really bad paint, the window trim was all ****ed up. Various trim and panel misalignments. Two had some bad damage to the taillights. There was a Tesla worker there and I showed her all the stuff on a few of them and she said she would let management know.

Last edited:
Can you all tell me, is VIN MF4531 one of the old cars sitting at Fremont for a while just getting released now? I'm able to get paired to this one, VIN Decoder suggests it's a 2021 vs 2022. Overall, my account says Jan/Feb delivery - wondering if I should actually just wait it out a little longer for a solid 2022.

UPDATED, PLS DISREGARD. Those sneaky peeps are trying to upsell me to a PLAID vs the S. Their email read which was vague to me.
"We have the opportunity to get you into a car matching your configuration before the NEW YEAR! (URL Link Removed) This one is ready to go in Minneapolis- you don't have to place a new order just text YES! and we will match your order to this vehicle. Full self driving can be added or removed. Go Plaid and there is not more waiting for your Tesla."

Last edited:
Can you all tell me, is VIN MF4531 one of the old cars sitting at Fremont for a while just getting released now? I'm able to get paired to this one, VIN Decoder suggests it's a 2021 vs 2022. Overall, my account says Jan/Feb delivery - wondering if I should actually just wait it out a little longer for a solid 2022.

UPDATED, PLS DISREGARD. Those sneaky peeps are trying to upsell me to a PLAID vs the S. Their email read which was vague to me.
"We have the opportunity to get you into a car matching your configuration before the NEW YEAR! (URL Link Removed) This one is ready to go in Minneapolis- you don't have to place a new order just text YES! and we will match your order to this vehicle. Full self driving can be added or removed. Go Plaid and there is not more waiting for your Tesla."
Did they offer you a discount on the plaid?

Reactions: impastu
No, it was just the text. I don't think any discount would interest me since I'm locked in on the lower S price from April. Are there rumbles that they would potentially offer a very compelling price?
Just my baseless fantasies. There are 6 Plaid’s sitting herein the lot in Richmond, VA, one of which is basically the plaid version of my LR spec. Think I would have to get a 20-25k discount to even be tempted.

No, it was just the text. I don't think any discount would interest me since I'm locked in on the lower S price from April. Are there rumbles that they would potentially offer a very compelling price?
I've only read about discounts for damaged vehicles. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask? I'd be interested in the answer, purely for science - I don't think I'd take the Plaid either if I were in your position.

Plaid inventory search, 169 results right now: Tesla inventory in US
LR inventory search, 3 results right now: Tesla inventory in US

MF453 is a September or October build. So it’s likely gone through some stuff to get ready for delivery.

Oh man, that’s shady of Tesla for sure!

Reactions: impastu