Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else getting delivery delayed a bunch? I've had a VIN since the 22nd or so on a new inventory Model S LR. I was supposed to pick it up in Fremont on the 26th, then they rescheduled to the 28th, then that also got pushed back. It's now the 31st -- at a different location this time (Sunnyvale). I'm starting to wonder if there is/was something wrong with the car at this point, or if this is par for the course, or maybe it's the rain, or? All I can do is speculate...

So weird thing just happened. Tesla updated my EDD to Jan 15th to Feb 12th, but then went and updated my trade in offer without any initiation from me with a new offer $1300 more. Last time they told me they couldn't make official offer until I'm assigned a vin. Wondering if this means anything or just a weird coincidence
We have the same EDD- no change on my end but I do not have a trade either. maybe it means we are close?

Now you get to join every one complaining about it.
Yes, it's great! Actually it is much improved over what I was on, 10.4 Beta and also missing features.

Which brings me to there Active Noise Reduction...it is horrible in my car. I think it's because I changed the wheels/tires to 20's and do not have the sound foam in the tires. The car has this crazy droning that I can toggle on/off with ANRC. It's like turning on or off a "tire noise" setting. So no ANRC for me, although I can attest that it does do something.

Last edited:
Yes, it's great! Actually it is much improved over what I was on, 10.4 Beta and also missing features.

Which brings me to there Active Noise Reduction...it is horrible in my car. I think it's because I changed the wheels/tires to 20's and do not have the sound foam in the tires. The car has this crazy droning that I can toggle on/off with ANRC. It's like turning on or off a "tire noise" setting. So no ANRC for me, although I can attest that it does do something.
Hmmm. I’m not ARNR or ANC expert (although that doesn’t stop me from playing one on TV), but your situation would seem to imply that the current ARNR function is programmed to certain sound spectrums i.e., tuned to the Tesla stock tires and other ambient noise. What wheel size setting do you run with the 20”? If you’re willing, switch it to the other setting and let us know if you sense a difference.

Hmmm. I’m not ARNR or ANC expert (although that doesn’t stop me from playing one on TV), but your situation would seem to imply that the current ARNR function is programmed to certain sound spectrums i.e., tuned to the Tesla stock tires and other ambient noise. What wheel size setting do you run with the 20”? If you’re willing, switch it to the other setting and let us know if you sense a difference.
That's worth a shot, I don't mind to try it. But I suspect it will not make any difference. When I switched to 20's I did have a small increase in tire/road noise. The cars are so quiet in general I adjusted to it quickly. But the noise reduction system is so how amplifying that small increase. I've noticed this with certain Bluetooth systems in the past. The noice cancellation does cancel out a lot of sounds, but also amplifies some others.

Generally speaking I'm not a huge noice cancellation advocate. It has it's place in the world, and I was hoping in the car would be one. But it does not deliver a better sound listening experience, specifically in audiophile environments. It's much worse in fact.

Regardless, I'll try your idea, it can't hurt!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
That's worth a shot, I don't mind to try it. But I suspect it will not make any difference. When I switched to 20's I did have a small increase in tire/road noise. The cars are so quiet in general I adjusted to it quickly. But the noise reduction system is so how amplifying that small increase. I've noticed this with certain Bluetooth systems in the past. The noice cancellation does cancel out a lot of sounds, but also amplifies some others.

Generally speaking I'm not a huge noice cancellation advocate. It has it's place in the world, and I was hoping in the car would be one. But it does not deliver a better sound listening experience, specifically in audiophile environments. It's much worse in fact.

Regardless, I'll try your idea, it can't hurt!

This application of certain sounds is what we noticed yesterday on the highway. We turned it off for the drive. My commented that maybe Tesla had the toggle switch backwards - I was going to say no but remembered it is a Tesla...

Anyone know why my new Model S just won’t stay locked? Whenever I walk away I always have to manually lock it with the phone app unlock with my model 3 where it just auto locked. I also notice that sometimes when checking the app during the day the car is just unlocked for no reason.
Do you have Walk-away door locks enabled? Model S Owner's Manual | Tesla if so, do you have it excluding your home?

Shitshow...

Tired to wait for Model S LR ordered in Oct 2021, switched order to Plaid. Waited 3 weeks, no VIN.... my SA is slow, no responses days. Like they are selling cheap chinese cars.
Tired.
Yesterday found my Plaid in inventory near my location, just wheels 19->21, but it's acceptable ;)
Long story short - I have VIN assigned, and pickup before NY.

2022 Plaid, Red with black interior, 21" wheels, No FSD.