Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call a couple hours later telling me that they had a car for me. Took delivery yesterday. I'll make a post of my thoughts. Overall great experience but have some panel gaps on the trunk that are a bit too much. Looking for others opinion. Unfortunately it was rainy/snowy so wasn't the best for inspection of car nor for taking advantage of the cars speed.
I have had zero action with same EDD and no VIN so congrats to you!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Took delivery yesterday and Wooow is this car amazing! I am concerned with some of the panel gaps on my trunk. I asked the advisor for his opinion and he thought the same and told me to make a service appointment. Otherwise everything was great! Interior was perfect.

The SA said he thought the left side was fine, but the right had too much of a gap. I am going to be taking it in for full PPF on Monday. Should I wait until I have this resolved or do PPF first?

D0A99673-CDF5-4510-9C6D-9CA2D18ACC06.jpeg
EDA909B2-A0C9-4E7E-88C2-D456E7DAA8FC.jpeg
DC6E75C8-1DE7-4EA5-AD1D-F2DD6B3367EF.jpeg

Attachments

• 39134D7A-218E-4AF4-B75B-40E0CF844203.jpeg
    39134D7A-218E-4AF4-B75B-40E0CF844203.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 60
I have had zero action with same EDD and no VIN so congrats to you!
So I made a fairly big stink to Tesla, and after no response I sent an email to (storelocation)[email protected] as I had that email from my Model 3 delivery 3 and a half years ago. Must've had some higher ups on it because I immediately got a text from someone other than my SA and then maybe 30 mins later a call from the store leader. They were unsympathetic to my experience (them calling me telling me it's in transit then 15 hours later bumping me out 60-90 days). So I was left with some anger and realization I wasn't getting the car. Then on Monday afternoon I got a call from the same store leader telling me that they had one in stock at another store and they could deliver it to me on Tuesday. So either luck or I got through to some higher level leaders on the email alias that made a difference. Not sure but happy I got my car!

Edit: I am sure some of you will think this is a bit entitled, but the squeaky wheel.... If I've learned anything in life don't be afraid to speak up.

The calibration message is under the ARNR toggle switch. It will say calibrating for some time and then say optimized.

I believe our non-OEM tires are culprit with the sound @Hayseed_MS and I are describing.
Hmmmm. Mine immediately said optimized for front passengers. Says it even with passenger in the back.

So I made a fairly big stink to Tesla, and after no response I sent an email to (storelocation)[email protected] as I had that email from my Model 3 delivery 3 and a half years ago. Must've had some higher ups on it because I immediately got a text from someone other than my SA and then maybe 30 mins later a call from the store leader. They were unsympathetic to my experience (them calling me telling me it's in transit then 15 hours later bumping me out 60-90 days). So I was left with some anger and realization I wasn't getting the car. Then on Monday afternoon I got a call from the same store leader telling me that they had one in stock at another store and they could deliver it to me on Tuesday. So either luck or I got through to some higher level leaders on the email alias that made a difference. Not sure but happy I got my car!

Edit: I am sure some of you will think this is a bit entitled, but the squeaky wheel.... If I've learned anything in life don't be afraid to speak up.
Yeah I agree on the squeaky wheel thing, however I have nothing other than slipped EDD to complain about. And they call it estimated for a reason. Your situation would have made me complain as well.

Hmmmm. Mine immediately said optimized for front passengers. Says it even with passenger in the back.

Mine recalibrates every time and states optimized for front passengers. I feel the results are different each time as well. Sometimes there is a marked difference and others there is little to no difference. Trying at same speeds and roads.

ETA: Seems holiday update has largest impact on results changing
ETA2: Also changing car setting to 19" have a large impact one time but not the next

Last edited:
I got a call a couple hours later telling me that they had a car for me. Took delivery yesterday. I'll make a post of my thoughts. Overall great experience but have some panel gaps on the trunk that are a bit too much. Looking for others opinion. Unfortunately it was rainy/snowy so wasn't the best for inspection of car nor for taking advantage of the cars speed.
Was it same configuration as the one you ordered?

Today, on the exact same road as yesterday, the car optimized for front passengers. There was only 1 person in the car vs 3 yesterday. I also changed the tire size from the 21" to 19" setting. Too many changes at once so I do not know what caused what.

What I can say is that the tire droning sound was much reduced today, probably in the range of 50% less. I could still toggle the sound on and off, but it was much less prevalent.

So now I'll toggle back to the 21" setting and see if the sound increases back to the level it was yesterday. My hunch is that the optimization for front occupants is what made the difference more than the wheel size setting, but I'll know this evening on my drive home.

Took delivery yesterday and Wooow is this car amazing! I am concerned with some of the panel gaps on my trunk. I asked the advisor for his opinion and he thought the same and told me to make a service appointment. Otherwise everything was great! Interior was perfect.

The SA said he thought the left side was fine, but the right had too much of a gap. I am going to be taking it in for full PPF on Monday. Should I wait until I have this resolved or do PPF first?

View attachment 749519View attachment 749520View attachment 749522
I'd be very carefull...they have been know to break the roof glass adjusting the hatch.

Here is a pic of the same area on a display car that I saw at a store:

Attachments

• IMG_20211220_142055539.jpg
    IMG_20211220_142055539.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 68
Mine recalibrates every time and states optimized for front passengers. I feel the results are different each time as well. Sometimes there is a marked difference and others there is little to no difference. Trying at same speeds and roads.

ETA: Seems holiday update has largest impact on results changing
ETA2: Also changing car setting to 19" have a large impact one time but not the next
Your findings are interesting. I'm a few tests behind you and am realizing similar results. I was thinking it was more to do with the optimizing for all occupants vs front occupants. But it sounds like that's not the case.

I drive the same damn 100 miles on the same damn slab of crumby road every damn day so I'll keep testing! 😁

I think they have some preferences when it comes to undelivered or available inventory. I used to text them twice a week asking if they had any inventory and I think that’s how I got offered the black one last month and the one I took delivery two weeks ago. I agree guys keep nagging and bugging your sa and local store and send email and leave voicemails you never know.

It was the same config, no extra charge. They also increased my trade-in offer by $1300 from less than a week before that.
Good for you in my case I had to give up my white interior and take the higher wheels but for same pricing even though the sa and the sticker pricing was more but my account reduced it to pre hike pricing and because of the major breakdown I had next day of taking delivery they promised to give me winter tire package for free. I am glad I did that after seeing how many people here got pushed back to Feb and later. Congrats my friend

Your findings are interesting. I'm a few tests behind you and am realizing similar results. I was thinking it was more to do with the optimizing for all occupants vs front occupants. But it sounds like that's not the case.

I drive the same damn 100 miles on the same damn slab of crumby road every damn day so I'll keep testing! 😁

Drive it backwards and see if you get a different message...

View attachment 749519View attachment 749520View attachment 749522
Not really sure why people RUSH so fast to get PPF. Cars have existed for decades without getting major rash and chips in like, 1 week. Its like suddenly everyone goes offroading directly from the service center. LOL
I suggest doing NOTHING to the car until Tesla fully resolves ALL of your issues to your satisfaction. ONCE thats done, PPF, Double Ceramic, etc until the cows come home.

Not really sure why people RUSH so fast to get PPF. Cars have existed for decades without getting major rash and chips in like, 1 week. Its like suddenly everyone goes offroading directly from the service center. LOL
I suggest doing NOTHING to the car until Tesla fully resolves ALL of your issues to your satisfaction. ONCE thats done, PPF, Double Ceramic, etc until the cows come home.
On this point, any word on if Tesla has improved the paint at all? I'm doubtful, but would be curious to hear from those who have put some miles on the car with/without PPF if it's worth it to wrap the entire car.

What if they damage your PPF during service? It has happened before ..