Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On this point, any word on if Tesla has improved the paint at all? I'm doubtful, but would be curious to hear from those who have put some miles on the car with/without PPF if it's worth it to wrap the entire car.
“Worth it” is subjective. I can tell you that I got (more than) top dollar this summer when I sold my 2017 S with non full PPF. So a $6k savings was worth it…to me. To answer your paint question:

@FlatSix911 How was the build quality, as compared to Tesla? Panel gaps, etc.
It appeared to have excellent build quality along with some nice features... upgraded brakes, front bumper guard, and integrated tonneau cover. ;)

1640807594241.png

1640807649951.png

So I made a fairly big stink to Tesla, and after no response I sent an email to (storelocation)[email protected] as I had that email from my Model 3 delivery 3 and a half years ago. Must've had some higher ups on it because I immediately got a text from someone other than my SA and then maybe 30 mins later a call from the store leader. They were unsympathetic to my experience (them calling me telling me it's in transit then 15 hours later bumping me out 60-90 days). So I was left with some anger and realization I wasn't getting the car. Then on Monday afternoon I got a call from the same store leader telling me that they had one in stock at another store and they could deliver it to me on Tuesday. So either luck or I got through to some higher level leaders on the email alias that made a difference. Not sure but happy I got my car!

Edit: I am sure some of you will think this is a bit entitled, but the squeaky wheel.... If I've learned anything in life don't be afraid to speak up.
Congratulations, once I’m back in the states I’d better get my replacement vin soon…or I won’t!

Congratulations, once I’m back in the states I’d better get my replacement vin soon…or I won’t!
Not entitled at all. Short story is that my delivery went sideways and I found the contact info for a Tesla executive who responded, got involved and got things sorted. If you don’t ask you won’t get….

Not entitled at all. Short story is that my delivery went sideways and I found the contact info for a Tesla executive who responded, got involved and got things sorted. If you don’t ask you won’t get….
In such cases, I wonder if contacting the Tesla ownership loyalty advisor would help.

In such cases, I wonder if contacting the Tesla ownership loyalty advisor would help.
My Loyalty Advisor is the only one I communicate with. And he calls me back! In fact I reference him in all texts and emails I get from Tesla non-Energy.

He’s done good by me for both our current MYP and Plaid orders.

Last edited:
My Loyalty Advisor is the only one I communicate. with. And he calls me back! In fact I reference him in all texts and emails I get from Tesla non-Energy.

He’s done good by me for both our current MYP and Plaid orders.
Someone at Tesla that calls you back...now that brings back memories!

And I did talk to your guy as suggested. Very helpful. If we could only clone him a few hundred times and place them in the SvC...

My post was sacarstic - I love the yoke.
“Worth it” is subjective. I can tell you that I got (more than) top dollar this summer when I sold my 2017 S with non full PPF. So a $6k savings was worth it…to me. To answer your paint question:

How come everything has to be about the money? PPF is a good thing if you want extra paint protection. If it’s not worth it for you then fine. I happen to think it’s probably a good thing for my $144,000 car and consequently am OK with it. And I’ll probably get brake upgrades too That will cost a bunch but it’s worth it to me.

How come everything has to be about the money? PPF is a good thing if you want extra paint protection. If it’s not worth it for you then fine. I happen to think it’s probably a good thing for my $144,000 car and consequently am OK with it. And I’ll probably get brake upgrades too That will cost a bunch but it’s worth it to me.
Bingo! Winner, winner, chicken dinner, and all that other crap.

I put PPF on every car since 2002 because I am a nut. I park away from everyone else. In corner or irregular large spots. Whatever it takes. Drives wife nuts. But, my cars remain pristine. And I am happy. Does anything else matter (in this context, don't go off target blabbering about world hunger, global warming, bad people, what not)? :)

I hope you get a negative pcr sobthat you can get back to the states. I am recovering from COVID and was away in Florida for a week took delivery of my car exactly two weeks ago and only put 157 miles on it 😩
Thanks, test tomorrow, concerned one of my kids may be positive. If so, wife will go back with 2, I’ll sat with sick one. Hopefully all negative, but I would have lost the 1/29 date that was revoked, which I would have pushed to January 3 with the 3 day/holiday/Sunday closed thing…

Well they must be pumping out the Xs now more than Ss it seems.

My RN551045... Long Range S order from April/May 2020 has a 1/9 - 2/6 2022 EDD.
My new as of tonight RN162299... Long Range X order already has a January 2022 EDD.

I'll take the X actually it if comes first now I think, definitely more expensive though. Did a white/white/20s for $107K.

Well they must be pumping out the Xs now more than Ss it seems.

My RN551045... Long Range S order from April/May 2020 has a 1/9 - 2/6 2022 EDD.
My new as of tonight RN162299... Long Range X order already has a January 2022 EDD.

I'll take the X actually it if comes first now I think, definitely more expensive though. Did a white/white/20s for $107K.
I'm seeing January 2023 on the tesla.com build configurator page - are you sure it's January 2022?

Last edited:
The original question that I was responding to asked "is it worth it". By definition (Miriam Webster), worth is described as "monetary value". So to answer a question about "worth" with a reference to money, is considered a direct answer..to the question.

Additionally, the very first sentence of my response states very clearly "worth is subjective".

Next.