Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been watching this site since I ordered a MS Plaid in late November. Great information. Finally joined today.

EDD has changed several times over the past month, latest was Dec 30-31 but no VIN. Received a text last night saying I have a tentative delivery tomorrow (12/31) at 6pm. Tesla - The factory is planning to build your configuration soon, please be advised this vehicle may not be built but we are tentatively scheduling your appointment for 12/31 in hopes the vehicle arrives on time. If the vehicle will arrive in time we will call/text to confirm your appointment. Please DO NOT SHOW UP ON SITE until you have received confirmation from the Rocklin Delivery Team that your vehicle was built and sent to Rocklin for delivery. If your vehicle is not built we will provide an estimate on when the vehicle will be ready in January. Thank you for understanding as we try to get you behind the wheel as soon as possible! Have a wonderful day!

Still no VIN. Rocklin is about 2 1/2 hours from the Tesla plant. What should I make of this? Wishful thinking?
Didn't come through, appt. was supposed to be in one hour, just received a last-minute update moving it out to January. No VIN either.

RN1161
View Design Details

Estimated Delivery: January 02 - January 16​

Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.
Autopilot

Tesla called and offered me a bastard lot car that matched my config (blue/black/19”) MF430. They only gave me 5 minutes to come up with the money thought before my bank closed for New Years. Due to the short timeframe and not wanting a bastard lot car, I passed.
I can only think of a few better things to do on NY Eve:

I picked up a LR today. The car was perfect...if you dont count the missing rear package shelf (the one that covers the lower trunk storage and the missing license plate frame - both are being delivered "short" due to supply chain issues. The SA said they were delivering most cars short parts today in Sunnyvale. He also said re spoilers were back ordered.

Disclaimer: This is NOT a Model S delivery story, but it may be of interest to us in the S group, especially in view of EOQ deliveries:

My next-door neighbor, after driving my Model Y, ordered a Model Y in Oct/Nov and was expecting a Feb/Mar delivery. A few days ago, he got an EDD of 28-31 December, so he scrambled. He finally got a VIN (2022) yesterday (12/30) and was told the car would be delivered to his home today (we are 4 miles from the Carlsbad, CA Delivery Center). Sure enough, it showed up this morning (12/31) along with a very helpful Tesla employee (Emily?) who spent 1 1/2 hours with them going over the car and its features. I was IMPRESSED...the car is near perfect and the neighbors are thrilled!

Vistan

A vin popped up this evening, Then got a call 4 hours ago telling me my car is at the delivery site and it had to be pick it up or ill lose my 2k pre-order discount... They ended up charging me the 2k and told me I will be sent a check in 6 weeks... Picked the car up 2 hours after just to get rushed to leave since the area they rented was closing and I was apparently the last one to pick up a car. Felt like it was a last-minute thing pretty sure someone didn't come to the pick up so I ended up with this car. Missing floor mats, trunk covers, and license plate frames. Hood rubber trim was sticking out with some minor paint issues and a small dent. It was at an offsite location and the people didn't know much about the Model S. When I told one of the people there they said those items only came with the plaid. I ended up just booking a service appointment with pictures of missing stuff. Overall car is great there weren't any major issues yet that I noticed, acceleration was fast since I came from a 6 sec 0-60 car, love the white interior.

A vin popped up this evening, Then got a call 4 hours ago telling me my car is at the delivery site and it had to be pick it up or ill lose my 2k pre-order discount... They ended up charging me the 2k and told me I will be sent a check in 6 weeks... Picked the car up 2 hours after just to get rushed to leave since the area they rented was closing and I was apparently the last one to pick up a car. Felt like it was a last-minute thing pretty sure someone didn't come to the pick up so I ended up with this car. Missing floor mats, trunk covers, and license plate frames. Hood rubber trim was sticking out with some minor paint issues and a small dent. It was at an offsite location and the people didn't know much about the Model S. When I told one of the people there they said those items only came with the plaid. I ended up just booking a service appointment with pictures of missing stuff. Overall car is great there weren't any major issues yet that I noticed, acceleration was fast since I came from a 6 sec 0-60 car, love the white interior.

Complete BS...you should have had 3 days...

Even if the car is otherwise good, no way should you have been treated like this...

Hi All, new to the community, I now have my first EV - 2021 Model S Plaid and throughout the order process from reservation to delivery I had a really outstanding experience - only had to compromise on color selection. I ordered a Model S Plaid Midnight Silver metallic on 12/20, with an estimated delivery date by 12/31. On 12/30, the date changed to March 23 - April 20. About 5pm on 12/30 (yesterday), I got a call from the Tesla Advisor I was working with and he offered a Pearl White with all the same options (MS Plaid, All Black with Carbon Fiber, 19”s and no FSD) that I could pick up at Marina Del Rey today (12/31). Pick up happened at 10:30a this morning and the paint, trim, interior and all functionality are flawless. As noted by others, the cargo covers (literally all rear cargo covers) were not included but will get delivered to me once they arrive. Everyone at Tesla I worked with has been fantastic.

Still can’t believe I lucked out and received exactly what I wanted in less than two weeks from reservation - and I’m really glad I got the Pearl White - looks incredible