Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. At the very most, it may be matching Tesla. But they are matching Tesla in 2022. This tech isn't hitting the road until 2024. So it's already behind if you look at it.
Is 201 HP considered “tech”. I guess tech is ambiguous, it can be old tech, bad tech, outdated tech, way-behind-the-curve-tech…it’s all tech.

Is 201 HP considered “tech”. I guess tech is ambiguous, it can be old tech, bad tech, outdated tech, way-behind-the-curve-tech…it’s all tech.
I'm talking about efficiency wise. The EQXX is crazy efficient. Even still, Tesla will likely be doing that in 2024 or 2025 when this MB tech arrives. Now, this has a good chance of being probably the best legacy-auto tech IMO. It won't be dated when it arrives, unlike some others. It'll be really good still. However, it won't be at the top IMO.

I'm talking about efficiency wise. The EQXX is crazy efficient. Even still, Tesla will likely be doing that in 2024 or 2025 when this MB tech arrives. Now, this has a good chance of being probably the best legacy-auto tech IMO. It won't be dated when it arrives, unlike some others. It'll be really good still. However, it won't be at the top IMO.

If I really wanted top range, I'd go with Lucid, instead of waiting for a smaller production version of the concept car from MB, because, you know it won't be as good as the concept, they never are.

It could be MB is running out of ideas, money and time all at once.

Too bad really, l'd like to see some legacy automaker come up with something that would compete with the MS, Elon seems to be getting too smug and complacent, and who can blame him?

If I really wanted top range, I'd go with Lucid, instead of waiting for a smaller production version of the concept car from MB, because, you know it won't be as good as the concept, they never are.

Too bad really, l'd like to see some legacy automaker come up with something that would compete with the MS, Elon seems to be getting too smug and complacent, and who can blame him?
Yeah I would do Lucid too if you wanted range for sure. That one we know is real at least.

If a concept car is offering 620 miles of range with 201 HP, I'd say they are out of ideas. Concepts are ok to be moonshots. At least put out what we think we can achieve....and if that's what this is, they should be ashamed of themselves. If I ran MB, I'd fire everyone that let that out. It's a concept, it doesn't need to reflect production reality.

But I also said the same about the Taycan when it came out. I would have fired whoever let it be EPA rated at ~200 miles of range. I know it does better range, I know it's a nice car, and I know it's selling well. But it's PORSCHE, it's supposed to punch above its weight.

I guess my thinking is wrong though because it is selling. But it's selling similar to a 911 and MB needs their EV's to represent some decent volume.

It's quite light, at 3800 pounds, so I'm guessing mid 5s for 0-60.
Light for an EV, I suppose. But 3800 pounds is 911 Turbo territory and everyone complains about how they porked out. OK, yeah, this is a sedan. Yeah, maybe mid-5's because it's not saddled with shifting through 10 gears. But 201HP? That's like mid-1980's GM level HP there.

Light for an EV, I suppose. But 3800 pounds is 911 Turbo territory and everyone complains about how they porked out. OK, yeah, this is a sedan. Yeah, maybe mid-5's because it's not saddled with shifting through 10 gears. But 201HP? That's like mid-1980's GM level HP there.
I know lol! They mentioned a dual motor version, so I imagine it being around 400hp and 4s 0-60 then.

Oh yeah, cool...get it right in line with a Long Range 3. Which by then will have more range and more power. And the MB will have way less range because of the extra motor and because of reality.
Yeah well and that's the thing. This tech will end up going to like little compacts and stuff, and those are the ones that will be most efficient. So realistically, that 621 miles begins to look more like 450 to me. Which in 2024 will be a great number still, but not insane.

Yeah well and that's the thing. This tech will end up going to like little compacts and stuff, and those are the ones that will be most efficient. So realistically, that 621 miles begins to look more like 450 to me. Which in 2024 will be a great number still, but not insane.
Yeah, that makes sense. And here comes that 201 HP again. If this was for a sub-$30k car, OK, maybe I can see it's purpose.

The Air has over 500 miles of range and over 1000HP. And there are least a few on the road. This thing is aspirational with incredibly low aspirations.

Excuse me, I have to go buy some more Tesla, Lucid, and Rivian stock....

Yeah, that makes sense. And here comes that 201 HP again. If this was for a sub-$30k car, OK, maybe I can see it's purpose.

The Air has over 500 miles of range and over 1000HP. And there are least a few on the road. This thing is aspirational with incredibly low aspirations.

Excuse me, I have to go buy some more Tesla, Lucid, and Rivian stock....
I guess we can do a bit of an early gush lol! Hearing that there will "big news" late this week from Elon re GigaTexas!

Reactions: impastu