Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my daughters stopped asking me who my favorite is about a year ago. i used to say, "i dislike all 3 of you equally" but now they know the pat answer is, "the dog"
my middle whelp named her car Jwow (not sure why). I am tempted to use "Gwow" for mine, though Sparky was the first to come to mind and I am still leaning in that direction.
Last night my wife was excited (for me) to hear the VIN dropped, asked if I was telling all my "real friends" (on TMC) about it (yup) and this a.m. she called me "VIN Man" - even my 12 year old was excited for me last night.
Sigh.
I need to turn to drugs, gambling and other debauchery - this is just too pathetic.
Imagine adding to it the emotional traumaof rear drive unit failure and having to be towed after driving the cars for forty miles then leaving on vacation for a week can’t wait to return then getting COVID then getting that assisted steering software glitch then worrying about not blowing the summer tires till AS arrive. I am seriously loosing my mind and not sure if it is fun or enjoyable anymore😤😤😱😫

Yes, you can buy it in the app once you buy the car. Price is the same, except you can use a credit card and get the points!
Agreed. This is what I'd do to save on taxes and indeed make FSD cheaper when using a rewards card. The only caveat is leasing where it is cheaper to configure FSD with the car purchase as indeed you end up paying for only the partial use of car and FSD with residual remaining with the car. Adding FSD to a leased car after delivery even as a subscription is more expensive.

Imagine adding to it the emotional traumaof rear drive unit failure and having to be towed after driving the cars for forty miles then leaving on vacation for a week can’t wait to return then getting COVID then getting that assisted steering software glitch then worrying about not blowing the summer tires till AS arrive. I am seriously loosing my mind and not sure if it is fun or enjoyable anymore😤😤😱😫
Hear, hear!

@WilliamG

For me, here in WA, I was always charged sales tax for the addition of FSD, or Acceleration Boost (my prior 3)....
Interesting and helpful. I think this is indeed state specific. MD does something different I suspect. Like collecting all taxes on a car when it is sold or leased. I was pleasantly surprised when I bought out my lease for my last S that the state did not charge me tax on the purchase price at all. That was the car I had previously added FSD to without paying tax. So for MD residents at least cheaper to add software after.

Unless something has changed since 2018 when I added FSD post delivery, they do not charge tax
I've raised this point quite a few times and have since found out it's a states issue. Some charge sales tax on downloaded software, some do not. It looks like NY, where the original question poster is from, charges tax on canned software downloads but not custom.

I think a good argument could be made that FSD is definitely NOT canned software! But I'm pretty sure NY would view that differently.

I've raised this point quite a few times and have since found out it's a states issue. Some charge sales tax on downloaded software, some do not. It looks like NY, where the original question poster is from, charges tax on canned software downloads but not custom.

I think a good argument could be made that FSD is definitely NOT canned software! But I'm pretty sure NY would view that differently.
Wish I had looked into that piece. I didn't consider the fact that you may avoid paying taxes on FSD after delivery. I decided to just finance it all at 1.24% - such cheap money, but the tax savings would've been nice in addition to points from CC.

guys already 300+ on my new MSLR. today while driving I was talking to a friend of mine one blue tooth and he commented that the call quality was horrible compared to when I was in my BMW yesterday. Has anyone heard of issue with blue tooth call quality??
That's disappointing to hear. My call quality on my 3 sucks, but mainly because of the high road noise.

I haven't had anyone comment on call quality in the S, haven't taken many calls in the S yet. While in my 3, I would constantly get comments about poor quality from my end. Hoping this isn't going to be the case with the MS.
People always commented on calls from my submarine….

I hear ya. the keycard is i think NFC or RFID and only works right by the door panel - so it's not like leaving a regular keyless entry key fob in the glove box. the glove box is locked anyway (i think) or i think i can set to only open with a VIN. so, if they're "already" in my car, they either broke a window or had a key or prior card or my phone.
Anyway, having it in my glove box (locked) and maybe even hidden behind stuff (on the fence about that) means i always have a spare card with me, though i should in my wallet anyway. that has me further thinking, for complete "safety" perhaps a photocopy of my driver's license and insurance card in the glove box as well, in case i lose my wallet, phone, and mind.
the ONLY way i see this possibly happening, might be at the beach or a water park etc. where everything might be say, in my wife's beach bag.
i have also seriously considered the ring that doubles as a key (has the key card electronics built into the ring) but i think that is too much even for me.
i think a key card holder that i print in tpu, and wear around my neck at the beach, or even give to the valet, will get the job done.
I do know i don't want to hand a valet just a blank key card, i'll want "something" around it so they can also indicate it belongs to me.
the way telsa is going, i can see 20 of these key cards at the airport park and rides in the future
I feel empathy for your wife dealing with your OCD 😂