Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I grok you.
I dated someone years ago, who's father had a small printing company (that ultimately went under).
He gave me a pad he made with scrap paper - it had the 3 monkeys on it, and the quote was great, "Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most."
At the end of they day, despite my excitement over this rolling toy, it's just a friggin car.
I would however be exteremely p'd off to pay for the thing, and have it crap out some 40 miles later.
my drive home from the SC is about that - do I have to worry I'll make it? And I'll have likely traded in my daily driver...
I'll worry about other stuff instead...
the funny part is that my wife who thinks my tesla fever has affected our marriage told me I should return the car and have them get me another one. I am like honey it is not a tv you return and get another one. That said I did mention that to the SA and SC that shouldnt I be entitled to returning it. He said that there is something called the tesla buy back thing however it is a very lengthy process and could take a couple of month and might be difficult to get approved with only one break down or defective item. Let alone me getting another car. He promised of god forbid another major defect in a very short time then he would pursue it also maybe under lemon law case settlement. So when I got my assisted driver fault error glitch and ofcourse it was the first day out of quarentine and since SC was ten min away I just drove there and made a scene and they assured me has nothing to do with the previous problem. Then comes the summer tires where I call and show up at the SC again crying that my life will end cause I am driving my car with summer tires in this frigid chicago weather and pushing them to collect the wheels and ASs from different SC. I am afraid they will hire a private assasin if I show up at their SC again.
let the saga continue!!!!!!

Some more track mode news!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I am amazed at the chatter on this forum topic!!

I placed an order for a new model S the other day to replace my ageing 2017 model S 100D. Not many options but I did spring for a seat color change and the FSD. In 2017 Tesla provided me with a model S for a full weekend test drive, try and get a test drive in an S today!

My projected delivery is July 2022, however, Tesla keeps asking me to log into my account and fill out lots of details regarding delivery. They want to know if I am going to trade and if I am going to keep my old car tags. Does everybody fill this stuff out 6 months in advance? I am not sure how I will sell my 2017 S as a lot may change in 6 months.

Tesla has changed over the past 5 years since my last order and most changes are not for the better. More customer oriented in the past.

I am amazed at the chatter on this forum topic!!

I placed an order for a new model S the other day to replace my ageing 2017 model S 100D. Not many options but I did spring for a seat color change and the FSD. In 2017 Tesla provided me with a model S for a full weekend test drive, try and get a test drive in an S today!

My projected delivery is July 2022, however, Tesla keeps asking me to log into my account and fill out lots of details regarding delivery. They want to know if I am going to trade and if I am going to keep my old car tags. Does everybody fill this stuff out 6 months in advance? I am not sure how I will sell my 2017 S as a lot may change in 6 months.

Tesla has changed over the past 5 years since my last order and most changes are not for the better. More customer oriented in the past.
I would complete it (just put cash for now, you can change it when you get a VIN), pretty sure they don't fulfill uncompleted orders.

Some more track mode news!

Up to 175mph - great - now they are only cheated Plaid owners a little less than before with what they bought. Still cannot believe Plaid owners spent that money for a 200mph car and not even close - with no plans/strategy on how to get there. Still a phenomenal car/buy but I would just feel like Elon took a dump in my oatmeal.

ETA: AT least with my LR, I have almost everything (minus some gaming and rear screen controllability) that was promised/advertised/listed when I bought it. Sorry it has taken 6 months and 21k+ miles. Still love the car and do not want anything else. Still pissed, though, about ANC being sold to me just to receive the current DNM (Dysfunctional Noise Mutation). It has "improved" with each of the three updates I have rec'd since. Installed 44.30 tonight - see if any better tomorrow.

Last edited:
THE FASTEST PRODUCTION OATMEAL IN THE WORLD

That is what is advertised. However, you need the special spoon available later this year. You will also need something else but I will tell you that later this year or next. Also does not come with the listed brown sugar and cinnamon - that comes with a coupon available later sometime to be announced.

That is what is advertised. However, you need the special spoon available later this year. You will also need something else but I will tell you that later this year or next. Also does not come with the listed brown sugar and cinnamon - that comes with a coupon available later sometime to be announced.
No, the coupon is not provided! You just have to believe in, and trust, the marketing material and pictures…

I haven't had anyone comment on call quality in the S, haven't taken many calls in the S yet. While in my 3, I would constantly get comments about poor quality from my end. Hoping this isn't going to be the case with the MS.
For me it is an echo because the phone swap doesn’t turn off the phone mic. I just press mute but this is the only car I have this issue.

No, no, no!

Kinetic Energy = 1/2 mass x Velocity^2

That extra speed at 175 is actually a major increase in energy (velocity squared!); if you watch the video to the end you'll a VERY LARGE WARNING that his brakes are effectively done and will likely no longer stop the car absent a major cool down.
I don’t see what could possibly go wrong here.