Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meet RECHGBL. Took delivery 9-28-21. MS LR MSM/blk/19 MF 446xxx. Just returned from Portland Or where my grandson owns and operates Tailored Auto Styling. STEK Dynoprism full body ppf. Black out roof pillars and front splitter. Sparkles and color shifts with the light. Even more with the new MSM that has more metallic flake. STEK Dynoflex to protect the windshield. STEK Nex graphene nano ceramic window tint: 35% sides and hatch, 70% windshield and roof. Ceramic coat all. BTW: the LR is a dream driving I-5 Bakersfield to Portland. Range much more than my BB (butt, bladder).
I love that- it looks awesome.

Meet RECHGBL. Took delivery 9-28-21. MS LR MSM/blk/19 MF 446xxx. Just returned from Portland Or where my grandson owns and operates Tailored Auto Styling. STEK Dynoprism full body ppf. Black out roof pillars and front splitter. Sparkles and color shifts with the light. Even more with the new MSM that has more metallic flake. STEK Dynoflex to protect the windshield. STEK Nex graphene nano ceramic window tint: 35% sides and hatch, 70% windshield and roof. Ceramic coat all. BTW: the LR is a dream driving I-5 Bakersfield to Portland. Range much more than my BB (butt, bladder).

Can you take close ups of the transition of the roof pillars in the back?

Hello everyone, my config is RN 1149/MSLR/Red/cream/19. Ordered in May, on my fifth date slip but my latest date now says February without any specific dates tied to it. Interested to know if this means I'm getting closer to a VIN assignment/delivery or a refinement of Tesla's delivery process?

What do you all think? Thanks
Our order is identical and we ordered in April. RN 1148. We live near Orlando and currently our delivery date is March-April. I guess it shows the advantage of living near the factory! I'm not sure why they couldn't make two of them while they are at it and send us one. We've been calling our SA for updates, but as you all know all we get are crickets. We'd be thrilled to take your VIN assignment, but we're not sure how to go about it. Don't want to take delivery in California if we have to pay California sales tax in addition to Florida's!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Looking at our RN1153 anyone have a good idea when we should see a vin? Pick up locations is northern Illinois
Your guess is as good as tossing a dice twenty times to see if there is a pattern. Some of us have been waiting almost a year (I am 10 1/2 months - RN11461). There are still a few January orders without cars.

Good evening everyone! It's been a crazy 24 hours but I finally have time to settle down and write up my overall Model S ordering and delivery experience. So I ordered my Model S back in late July and after many EDD changes, I finally received the car yesterday. Even the days leading up to delivery day was a nail biter: I received my VIN on Jan 15 and on the same day I get a text stating I can take delivery on Jan 18. Great! I'll be out of town on Jan 23 so just in time for me to get the car, send it to get it tinted/PPF'ed/ceramic-coated and I should come back to a nice shiny car. I got the car added to insurance, paid the balance through the app, and now play the waiting game. The next day (Jan 16), I get a text stating that due to logistical issues (lack of drivers?), they had to push off my delivery date to Jan 23 as a placeholder date. Uh oh... So I get on the phone with Tesla and let them know that I'll be out on Jan 23 so they would either have to hold it for me or delivery it sooner. From there, everyday I send a text to the delivery center asking for an update: "No updates as of yet." Lovely... So now I have to worry about if/when they can hold my car, is Tesla going to give it to the first person who shows up, do I go back to the end of the line? I check the app everyday and the Jan 23 date hasn't budged.

Saturday morning, Jan 22: I get the regular automated asking to confirm my pick-up for Jan 23. I call the delivery center and ask them if I can get it today instead since I won't be available on the 23rd. They said they'll get back to me. 20 minutes later: "Okay, we can have you come in as one of our last deliveries for the day." Amazing! I scramble to print out my documents, sign all the agreements on the app, and arrived 30 minutes earlier to meet this red beauty waiting in the lot.

Months of waiting and last minute tensions made delivery so worth it. Of course, Tesla had to get a few more jabs in:
  • Still has the old style tail lights and headlights (not a big deal for me)
  • The hood had a minor paint chip
  • The frunk side linings were misaligned, so it made opening and closing the hood a bit difficult
  • The trunk was missing the lower space covers and the privacy shelf
  • No key fobs
  • No license plate frames
Luckily, the fine people at the delivery center were able to get a couple of key fobs and license plate frames, but the other issues have already been submitted to Tesla for a service appointment. Interestingly enough, there were also a couple of the Model Xs with the new interior being delivered that day.

After watching so many videos of others drive their Model Ss, using the yoke and screen seemed pretty easy though I still am trying to get used to major turns and using the turn signal buttons properly. Sadly, I only got to spend maybe 3 hours total with the car... I'm on my business trip now but at least I'll have this waiting for me when I get home. As it's been said by other owners here: it's definitely worth the wait. Having parted ways with my beloved Audi A7 many years ago, this Model S brings me back to those days where I actually look forward driving and finding any excuse to take the car out (yes, even in LA traffic).

Attachments

• IMG_0156.JPEG
    IMG_0156.JPEG
    346.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0160.JPEG
    IMG_0160.JPEG
    570.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0161.JPEG
    IMG_0161.JPEG
    498.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0162.JPEG
    IMG_0162.JPEG
    483.8 KB · Views: 74
Hey everyone. Been a while. I took delivery of my Plaid in September and then promptly broke my leg so as of today I have a total of 457 miles on the car. Haven't had a chance to do much other than drive it back and forth to work a few times. Anyway, I came here today to see if others ever received all the missing trunk inserts that weren't with the car at delivery? They told me at delivery that Tesla would send those to me, but nothing so far and it feels like they aren't coming. Anyone else been able to get the floor insert and top cover that were missing from the trunk at delivery?

Usually a weird long jump like that when your prior EDD was close, is a system fluke and you will get your vin in a couple days.
So the delivery date got changed back to March last week and today I got more specific date range again January 26th - February 5. WTH? My son got T-boned on a intersection coming back from school and his car his totaled. Now I actually need another car, take the Model S and give him my Model Y. I can hold out until 1/26 with a rental but I worry Tesla is going to postpone the delivery date again...UGH.

Hey everyone. Been a while. I took delivery of my Plaid in September and then promptly broke my leg so as of today I have a total of 457 miles on the car. Haven't had a chance to do much other than drive it back and forth to work a few times. Anyway, I came here today to see if others ever received all the missing trunk inserts that weren't with the car at delivery? They told me at delivery that Tesla would send those to me, but nothing so far and it feels like they aren't coming. Anyone else been able to get the floor insert and top cover that were missing from the trunk at delivery?I

I’ve heard of no one getting them mailed, but many reports of service centers having them or the mobile service folks dropping them off.

(Mine was delivered with everything but the license plate frame, which the service center had for pickup when I filed the ticket)

I’ve heard of no one getting them mailed, but many reports of service centers having them or the mobile service folks dropping them off.

(Mine was delivered with everything but the license plate frame, which the service center had for pickup when I filed the ticket)
Thanks. I scheduled a service visit (mobile) and will see what they say. I was missing a center cap cover as well at delivery (unintentional I believe) and they sent that to me in the mail no problem.

• No license plate frames
Luckily, the fine people at the delivery center were able to get a couple of key fobs and license plate frames, but the other issues have already been submitted to Tesla for a service appointment. Interestingly enough, there were also a couple of the Model Xs with the new interior being delivered that day.
Being serious - are we supposed to get 2 license plate frames? I have the Model S in the back, and nothing for the front.

Hi all,
I always return here, to the "thread of life and activity" (with a little endless positivity thrown in).
I have a couple of issues I'm hoping some kind souls can help with:
1) Center console light inversed - "rangers" are coming today. I wonder if Yogi the bear will be around?
2) dashcam viewer - my tesla USB stick seemed to be corruped. as did the new TF card i put in. the USB stick seemed to loop fine and record ala dashcam, and the onboard dashcam viewer worked, like once. I saw someone near the car and sentry mode light up, and nothing recorded, and the on board viewer says dashcam not available, whether in "go mode" (i'd expect it to not work then) but also in parked mode (there i would expect it to work). happened with both the tesla stock usb and the tf card, and yes, I formatted the tf card in the Tesla. I may try via pc.
3) 1st world problems - the door handles aren't presenting to my phone until after maybe 30 seconds. they lock after i'm away maybe 15 seconds which is fine with me. I would expect that as I get to the car, the handles would present pretty quickly. they do seem to present immediately when i touch one, but again, i'd expect them to present as i get closer. the phone is a galaxy S10 +.

thanks for any help! for those waiting, great car, though I have to admit at times the on screen functions feel almost like beta. BTW, took 4 kids for ice cream last night, and I won't floor "without permission" (my youngest hates it) - the others? "more, more!!!!" - it's less a car and more a roller coaster launching space shuttly device.

1) Center console light inversed - "rangers" are coming today. I wonder if Yogi the bear will be around?
Can you please share your results here: Plaid center console light turns off when fully opened? lots of people are reporting this and we are tracking what the various fixes are.
2) dashcam viewer - my tesla USB stick seemed to be corruped. as did the new TF card i put in. the USB stick seemed to loop fine and record ala dashcam, and the onboard dashcam viewer worked, like once. I saw someone near the car and sentry mode light up, and nothing recorded, and the on board viewer says dashcam not available, whether in "go mode" (i'd expect it to not work then) but also in parked mode (there i would expect it to work). happened with both the tesla stock usb and the tf card, and yes, I formatted the tf card in the Tesla. I may try via pc.
Try reformatting and then test locally in your garage. Set sentry on and trigger it. Check the recordings.
3) 1st world problems - the door handles aren't presenting to my phone until after maybe 30 seconds. they lock after i'm away maybe 15 seconds which is fine with me. I would expect that as I get to the car, the handles would present pretty quickly. they do seem to present immediately when i touch one, but again, i'd expect them to present as i get closer. the phone is a galaxy S10 +.
It could be delayed due to the car in a deep sleep. At that point, you would need to press the handle to wake the car. In the 3 and Y, since those designs the owners has to press the handle to get the door to unlatch, that pressing of the handle wakes the car and the unlocking happens at the same time. Not the case with the S.

Last edited: