Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA just called letting my know my 22 MS LR is arriving earlier and I can move my pick up to the 29th of this month. Confirmed it was built this month, with the OG lights and charging port.
RN1154

I asked him if I can come to see one, or the one before I pick up and they flat out refused due to covid... What a day and age when you pay 100k for a car sight unseen.

My SA just called letting my know my 22 MS LR is arriving earlier and I can move my pick up to the 29th of this month. Confirmed it was built this month, with the OG lights and charging port.
RN1154

I asked him if I can come to see one, or the one before I pick up and they flat out refused due to covid... What a day and age when you pay 100k for a car sight unseen.
Well, the Covid excuse is BS if you ask me, since you are picking the car up at the Store apparently.

But the contactless delivery has been a thing for a while now.

If you are in SoCal, there are a few on display. PM me for details.

My Model S order is in the 1151 group and among the most recent updates to the delivery date has now been pushed back from February to the May-June timeframe. I originally ordered the car in June 2021 so if accurate this will be almost a year following the initial order.

I’m not posting to complain about the delay but curious if anyone thinks that at some point the delays will be so significant that Tesla will begin to cancel order. I can imagine a scenario where the car I originally ordered will be different enough from the car that Tesla is able to deliver that they might be inclined to cancel the order entirely and simply state that they no longer sell the same car.

Hoping for the best and looking forward to eventually taking delivery.

My Model S order is in the 1151 group and among the most recent updates to the delivery date has now been pushed back from February to the May-June timeframe. I originally ordered the car in June 2021 so if accurate this will be almost a year following the initial order.

I’m not posting to complain about the delay but curious if anyone thinks that at some point the delays will be so significant that Tesla will begin to cancel order. I can imagine a scenario where the car I originally ordered will be different enough from the car that Tesla is able to deliver that they might be inclined to cancel the order entirely and simply state that they no longer sell the same car.

Hoping for the best and looking forward to eventually taking delivery.
I think there is almost zero chance of that happening

You and I are in the same RN1151 boat. My March 20-31 EDD was recently changed to Jan 24 - Feb 7. As the EDD opening date arrives, Tesla moves it back to a couple of days later (it's now Jan 27). I called the Tesla 1-888-518-3752 number that has been cited as good info in these pages, and got the "We know nothink" response.

You and I are in the same RN1151 boat. My March 20-31 EDD was recently changed to Jan 24 - Feb 7. As the EDD opening date arrives, Tesla moves it back to a couple of days later (it's now Jan 27). I called the Tesla 1-888-518-3752 number that has been cited as good info in these pages, and got the "We know nothink" response.

There is a good chance when they say that "We know nothing" that they ain't lying. Never seen a company so effective at keeping secrets, a lot of how that works is they don't tell the "Forward facing assets" anything! When they actually know something, many times they found it on TMC.

Makes defense contractors look like an Ad agency.

I'm over 24 hrs into my EDD window of two weeks, despite a October order (No hate please). I fully expect the football to be moved tommorow.

Plan is to wait until I get a VIN, then push out 5 months for a car that has no Omicron induced build issues... hopefully...

I'm also a 1151 order from June 28th, and I've been sitting at Feb 4 - Mar 4 for a while now. I'm seeing other 1150-1151 orders being filled now, so I'm hopeful I'm in the last month of this misery, but if I get pushed way out to Mar/Apr I won't be hugely surprised (but will be very annoyed). I'll be out of the country from Feb 1 - 18, so I figured with my luck that's exactly when my car would arrive, but that's starting to look optimistic since I don't have a VIN yet...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hello Gents- It has been awhile...Tesla stepped up and fixed my delivery issues.
I just ordered the Model X for the Mrs. (Plaid--hehe--so I am prepared for the "delivery estimate") No way I can ever go back to the ICE.
Hope everyone had a great New Year!

We can all agree, no way will anyone here to back to ICE.

Which is why, should Elon fail to give compelling guidance on CT production, I will be ordering a MX plaid this month.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
We can all agree, no way will anyone here to back to ICE.

Which is why, should Elon fail to give compelling guidance on CT production, I will be ordering a MX plaid this month.
I did, and will continue using ICE powered vehicles along side an electric one.

As they say, variety is the spice of life, I love the smoothness and the power of a model s, I love that it’s “full” every morning and I don’t need to go to the gas station every week. But I also love the sound of the v10 in my bmw, I love the jerky transmission and and all the gear banging fun that comes with shifting around the 7500-8000 rpm range.

I did, and will continue using ICE powered vehicles along side an electric one.

As they say, variety is the spice of life, I love the smoothness and the power of a model s, I love that it’s “full” every morning and I don’t need to go to the gas station every week. But I also love the sound of the v10 in my bmw, I love the jerky transmission and and all the gear banging fun that comes with shifting around the 7500-8000 rpm range.

I love my old ICE too. Redline 8k it every other time I drive.

I can load it with rocks and manure, drive it off road, not insure it, never worry about it.

My comment was going back to ICE for a primary vehicle.

I love my old ICE too. Redline 8k it every other time I drive.

I can load it with rocks and manure, drive it off road, not insure it, never worry about it.

My comment was going back to ICE for a primary vehicle.
Oh!
In that case, heck no. EV is just too convenient (if you have a garage to charge it in)
And with our forthcoming move to a colder climate I’m even more thankful for a vehicle that doesn’t require me to stand in the freezing cold for a few minutes to fuel it up.