Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess Tesla doesn’t update delivery status much on the weekends? Hopefully Monday will see some new VINs and updated EDDs.

A bit off-topic but I read that the binnacle/instrument cluster display on the refreshed S and X is no longer customizable. If so, what does it display on the sides now? Does the nav map still show up on the left side when a destination is entered? Is there no media or energy graph on the other side either?

Also, I like to always keep the rear view camera open on the main screen while driving. Is it possible to display the nav map and music player on the other side, or can only one other app be shown when the camera view is open? Hopefully they’ll make the instrument cluster customizable with a future update (along with adding the turn signal camera to the instrument cluster).

I guess Tesla doesn’t update delivery status much on the weekends? Hopefully Monday will see some new VINs and updated EDDs.

A bit off-topic but I read that the binnacle/instrument cluster display on the refreshed S and X is no longer customizable. If so, what does it display on the sides now? Does the nav map still show up on the left side when a destination is entered? Is there no media or energy graph on the other side either?

Also, I like to always keep the rear view camera open on the main screen while driving. Is it possible to display the nav map and music player on the other side, or can only one other app be shown when the camera view is open? Hopefully they’ll make the instrument cluster customizable with a future update (along with adding the turn signal camera to the instrument cluster).
So yeah on your first question it displays speed on the right, the visualization in the center, the battery output/regen bar on the bottom center, and nothing on the left when nav is off, and the map when nav is on.
image_2021-06-12_190446.png

I wish there was an energy graph for Model S and X, but as of now it's neither in main screen or the dash.

Regarding your second question, you can still have the camera up when driving alongside a sliver of map, but you can't have music player on with that too. That section is locked in with the camera and other apps.

Finally!!

Called to make sure car had been delivered. Was told I could pick it up same day (two days early). Excitedly drove to nashville from birmingham. No floor mats, but everything else looked great. My first refresh to get into. Slight adjustment but in love with it. So well thought out. Summer tires were a bit of a bummer. But our weather is pretty accommodating. Wife and kids love it. Phone key works great. Automatic garage door opener and folding mirrors upon arrival home is cool. Already pulled the wheel covers and added center caps, put screen protectors on and covers for the back of the seats. Tried the inflatable mattress (aftermarket from Amazon for lying down in the back) and it’s cool. Thanks for the support over the months.

4C51FEC6-27F0-4D24-8917-5A85BB739B19.jpeg

A3C473A7-DC41-4BBD-B11E-2FCACA184C3E.jpeg

5F4F76F3-CD3B-45B4-BAD8-1B8EACD7C4A0.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally!!

Called to make sure car had been delivered. Was told I could pick it up same day (two days early). Excitedly drove to nashville from birmingham. No floor mats, but everything else looked great. My first refresh to get into. Slight adjustment but in love with it. So well thought out. Summer tires were a bit of a bummer. But our weather is pretty accommodating. Wife and kids love it. Phone key works great. Automatic garage door opener and folding mirrors upon arrival home is cool. Already pulled the wheel covers and added center caps, put screen protectors on and covers for the back of the seats. Tried the inflatable mattress (aftermarket from Amazon for lying down in the back) and it’s cool. Thanks for the support over the months.

View attachment 762376
View attachment 762377
View attachment 762378
Enjoy your new Tesla and drive it in good health!

Finally!!

View attachment 762376
View attachment 762377
View attachment 762378

Beautiful blue. Looks much better without the covers. Enjoy it.

I recognized the Nashville SC - I was stuck there for four days on a long road trip waiting for a new tire.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Finally!!

View attachment 762376
View attachment 762377
View attachment 762378

What is your VIN?

Finally!!

View attachment 762376
View attachment 762377
View attachment 762378
Nice! Where did you get your center cap/nut cover for the S? I read reviews on Amazon that some of the nut covers are not deep enough for the S nuts...

Finally!!

View attachment 762376
View attachment 762377
View attachment 762378
Congrats ! I got same color MOdel S delivered yesterday. Did Tesla remove the front plate holder for you or did you do it yourself?