Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Model S LR BLUE with white interior delivered yesterday. Gaps and paint looks great. No quality issues that I could see. It was missing a rear well top cover 🤦‍♂️, the doors take some force to close - not sure if that's normal. Why do those cars come preinstalled with front plate holders... shouldn't they just add to the markets that require front license plates? Does Tesla Service remove them ?.. I don't want risk messing with the paint.

Got my Model S LR BLUE with white interior delivered yesterday. Gaps and paint looks great. No quality issues that I could see. It was missing a rear well top cover 🤦‍♂️, the doors take some force to close - not sure if that's normal. Why do those cars come preinstalled with front plate holders... shouldn't they just add to the markets that require front license plates? Does Tesla Service remove them ?.. I don't want risk messing with the paint.
they were crash tested with the front plate on them, hence why we have to have them delivered with them on. A little fishing line and a little sweat and it's off in a jiff.

A handheld steamer works like a charm!
Did this to my wife's Model Y and use it to remove all the model designations on my other vehicles.

As long as it gets up to temperature it's easy to get them off.
If there is any additional residue use this drill attachment to push the residue off the clear coat;
Decal/adhesive remover

Last edited:
How can I set the cruise control above 90 mph? In my 911 turbo I can set it for 150 mph.
There's no straight cruise control in Teslas, only Autopilot (and Traffic-aware cruise control, which is just autopilot with some features turned off). Autopilot is limited to 90mph currently (or 80 on the no-radar model 3 and Y), so you're limited to 90 there unfortunately.

That said, I wish I could drive somewhere that I could ever consider setting cruise control above 90mph, haha.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
How can I set the cruise control above 90 mph? In my 911 turbo I can set it for 150 mph.
There's no straight cruise control in Teslas, only Autopilot (and Traffic-aware cruise control, which is just autopilot with some features turned off). Autopilot is limited to 90mph currently (or 80 on the no-radar model 3 and Y), so you're limited to 90 there unfortunately.

That said, I wish I could drive somewhere that I could ever consider setting cruise control above 90mph, haha.
Autopilot can't be set past 80mph on non radar cars, and 90mph on radar cars. I think TACC can go past it since you are the one steering so you should be able to set it past 90mph.

@DukeofURL TACC is cruise control and it can be set past the limits of Autopilot. I don't have my Model 3 anymore so can't confirm but i'm pretty sure i use to be able to go past 90mph

Edit: Welp i RTFM and it says it's limited to 90mph. I was wrong haha

Last edited:
So umm... anyone got one of them time machines that take you 1 week forward? Currently resisting the urge to call them and ask why they haven't texted me with a pick up window. Someone else with a window after mine in the same area has already gotten his scheduled...
I'm scheduled for pick up at Short Pump Sunday 2/6 at 12pm. The ETA of my car is 2/3. If you still have the text that notified you to do pre-delivery tasks, you can reply to it with questions. I've found they are very responsive.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hi Gang,
I'm just short of 1,000 miles on my baby - and thought I'd report back some things of interest to me, and likely nobody else. In other words, the usual.
1) Tesla mud flaps - took me forever to get the first one one, and 5 minutes for the second. I may have messed up the bottom clip on the first one, oh well. drove in a bunch of snow and 400 miles yesterday, and still there. highly recommend.
2) driving performance - yeah, yeah we know incredible power. I'm amazed at how solid the ride is. I have the suspension set to "old man man" (i didn't customize anything) and I have to say:
a) it FEELS like 50/50 weight distribution. I don't know the real numbers, but really feels good
b) the suspension gives a great ride - absorbs a lot, yet i still feel connected.
3) ARNR - I can't tell it does anything
4) Interior noise - sometimes whisper quiet, sometimes far less so, and on one strech of roadway last night I thought I was seriously dragging my mud flap. I guess it was stuff on the pavement at speed.
5) I broke 100 mph without a sweat, and try not to do it again by accident. the car wants to go at least 80, and i love having extra juice when i want it. it's a GREAT cruiser
6) I leave my wheel set to "hard to turn" (sport? I don't remember the setting - the hardest) - It's fine for low speed/parking, and holds pretty steady on the highways
7) i'm a bit disappointed with autopilot in some ways - it is rock solid. like amazing. But, if i hit the turn signal, i'm out. similarly, i'd like to be able to change lanes, and not lose my speed cruise control. Oh well. also have to nudge it a lot, like every 20 seconds or so. adjusted the audio volume up and down a notch satisfied the system without me having to yank the wheel.
8) Reading glasses - you need them for a lot of the screen messages that come and go quickly, in .01 font.
9) back to suspension - i love that the car tries to go low, and if the road has bumps it raises the suspension. really well done.
10) headlights - I've said before, not the best i've used, not the worst, but absolutely fine or good. They were fine on the interstates, and fine in dark country roads where I thought some redneck was going to sacrifice me.
11) Display - I don't like it in the sun if i'm parked. I find too much glare. May have to finally put on the matte protector. meanwhile in operation, glare or not it's great.
12) hard to adjust things when driving, bumps, and my finger hits a menu item 2 inches away.
13) voice recognition - nearly flawless with good signal, useless wthout LTE. also, soemtimes it picks up the correct song, puts it on, then skips. i have to ask 2 or 3 times, then it will play it. harumph.
14) voice recognition part 2 - i think there are lot of things it "understands" but says something like "not set up for voice recognition at this time" - i can't give a good example, but something like "raise suspension" - if it understands, i'd like it to do so, not say, "no"
15) window heat rejection - hard fail. cloudy out, no biggie, sunny out? i'm roasting. sub 20 degree F temperatures, and the car is still an oven in the sun. Will seriously consider heat rejecting tint when the warmer weather starts.
16) HVAC temperature stabilization - I'm not a fan. I feel like I'm going through menopause. I THINK it got better once i realized the AC "split" was activated; once i synchronized I THINK the temp was better, but even at 68 or 70 my wife and I would start to say, "it's getting really hot in here" (with the sun baking us in 20 degree January weather)
17) I think the winter ranges are not to be trusted. i used up 40% for a 50 mile round trip earlier in the day. i know, i know, but i had the battery preconditioned, and i didn't drive like crazy.
18) used my first superchargers yesterday - 2 different stops. was interesting. at a rest stop, i really streached my legs, got a bite, etc. - the second one was a few miles off the road, i had the car go there and precondition the battery for supercharging, and it didn't seem faster to me than the first stop. I had been driving a couple of hours before each anyway, maybe that was enough to warm or "precondition" the cells.
I guess i'm gushing. I'm a gusher. Overall really positive. some things didn't seem as intuitive as they coudl have been - i wanted to add a supercharger to my route, i ultimately got it done, but i'd also like the GPS to offer to show me superchargers natively - not sure that's an option, but i'd like it.
okay, thanks for making it this far!

7) i'm a bit disappointed with autopilot in some ways - it is rock solid. like amazing. But, if i hit the turn signal, i'm out. similarly, i'd like to be able to change lanes, and not lose my speed cruise control. Oh well. also have to nudge it a lot, like every 20 seconds or so. adjusted the audio volume up and down a notch satisfied the system without me having to yank the wheel.
Turn signal with "autopilot" without disengagement would require FSD beta.
Oh well. also have to nudge it a lot, like every 20 seconds or so. adjusted the audio volume up and down a notch satisfied the system without me having to yank the wheel.
Keep a hand rested in one of the corners of the bottom of the yoke with a little force (not enough to disengage) and you will not get nudged.
18) used my first superchargers yesterday - 2 different stops. was interesting. at a rest stop, i really streached my legs, got a bite, etc. - the second one was a few miles off the road, i had the car go there and precondition the battery for supercharging, and it didn't seem faster to me than the first stop. I had been driving a couple of hours before each anyway, maybe that was enough to warm or "precondition" the cells.
Do you remember your SoC arriving at the two Supercharging sessions? Best performance for a Supercharger is a lower SoC <20%. I had 250 kW up to 35% - started at 21%. You could have also been at a 150 kW on the second time versus a 250 kW at the first one. Several possible variables is what I am getting at.