Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi all,
i think i've seen there is NO way to offer suggestions to Tesla for improvements, other than tweeting and hoping his majesty sees and responds.
is that about right?
i for one would KILL (okay, maybe pinch really hard) to have the estimated power remaining ALWAYS display at the bottom of the navigation info, versus only when you drag it large - have it next to the estimated time of arrival, miles distant, etc.) - and of course have it update in real time based on conditions. I think it already does that in trip planner, it just doesn't show itself unless you take up a good chunk of your screen.
okay end of [this] rant.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yeah and I think the view that customers are being screwed is very skewed. Teslas are ordered and, in a certain amount of time, delivered. Therefore the person making the purchase has already agreed that the value of the vehicle is adequate and worth the equivalent in money. I would argue that the people that get the newest tech are actually benefiting disproportionately rather than the inverse.

The want of the latest tech is exactly that, a want. An agreed upon transaction actually determines the value of the vehicle. If there is more "tech", the buyer received an unexpected benefit. If there is "less tech" than originally agreed upon, then there is less value and an appropriate decision should follow. But the bar is established at the time the order is placed.

I won't even get into how not everyone even wants the latest tech. But as a side note, one of the reasons for the chip shortage is that legacy auto manufacturers used very antiquated chips because they are proven reliable and durable. When COVID hit they scaled back production, told the chip makers to do so, other industries grew like crazy and demanded newer, more expensive chips, and the chip makers told the auto manufacturers to pound sand.
YES! THANK YOU! Could not say it any better myself. A family member of mine took delivery of a M3 LR a couple of weeks ago, and it has the Intel CPU. Who cares? Sure, it'd be nice to have the Ryzen, but at the same time, he didn't pay the $1,000 that occurred subsequently to ordering. So it does not matter!
And EXACTLY! When the person clicks order, they agree to what the website says the car will have. Anything added after is gravy, and not part of the price! How can someone be mad at not getting a new feature the other guy got, when at the time of purchase, that feature wasn't advertised! How the F could someone ever be mad at Tesla for making changes like that, and wish Tesla did the standard model year changes?! Fun fact: no one here has paid for the new lights! So anyone that places the order before the site updates and gets the lights after is benefiting disproportionally! That's what I meant by this too:
Dude. Do you want Tesla to always be innovative and changing things, or would you rather them to wait, and lethargically make changes for the new model year like every other OEM? They could always communicate better, but at the same time does it matter? The people who have the order and don't get the new thing are getting EXACTLY what they paid for, at the time of purchase. Everything else that happens in between that time and when you receive the car is gravy, and the people who get the new changes get lucky! 🙂
It's clearly the better move to not wait for new years. It's so good in fact, that Ford has just moved to this system. Clearly other OEMs wouldn’t be copying Tesla if Tesla was making bad moves:

Last edited:
LOL. Yeah he hasn't heard anything recently AFAIK. Last time I asked he said he hadn't heard anything.
If you already have a VIN, , then it's unlikely to have the new lights. I would think later on this month is when the first new lights begin showing up.
I don’t care who gets the new lights first. I just want someone here to post pics of their MS with new lights. I’m happily waiting for mine to get built in May. Not patiently but happily.

He said in his last video that he was going to cut out that part in the future because nothing ever changes over there. Which begs the question how we're supposed to know that northing is changing if he cuts it out.
Someone asked that in the comments on his video, he mentioned that nothing was changed but will update (which probably means include in the video) if something changes.

Has to be? I didnt examine the tires closely, as the assumption was they were/are brand new (Pirelli) tires. The tires did have a fair amount of dirt on the sidewalls, if that is what you are seeing. I saw no scrapes on the tires
Ah interesting. I called and checked with them and they said i had All Seasons. Are Pirelli tires all seasons?

Yep!!

It really wouldn't be an issue if there wasn't a 7-9 month wait time in between order and delivery. If you had your car for months before a change rolled out that is just part of the reality of buying a car. It becomes bitter though when you wait, and then miss the update by a small margin (I still maintain this will be about 6 days after I take delivery). It is the total lack of any control or decision making that is frustrating. No asked for a long wait. It was just out of our control. Certainly no one here asked to miss the lighting refresh if indeed it really is coming.

If this happened at McDonalds on a ten dollar order they would give me free fries. There are similar things Tesla could do here that would alleviate angst too. If they are backward compatible advertise that. If you took delivery this year and had been waiting for 6+ months split the difference and offer an upgrade.
Yep, it's like a mid year or next model year update. All automakers update: Tesla more so/ the just don't refresh very often.

As for the order time, those of us with orders before the first delivery had some features that either disappeared or have not arrived yet so we have the opposite problem. If Tesla delivers the tilting screen and Witcher so I can hide out in my garage and play games from the passenger seat (my drivers seat is wearing oddly because of my fat a$$), I will have gotten everything from the pre-release materials that I used to rationalize the purchase (these last two were admittedly very far down the list of things or I wouldn't have taken delivery).

hi all,
i think i've seen there is NO way to offer suggestions to Tesla for improvements, other than tweeting and hoping his majesty sees and responds.
is that about right?
i for one would KILL (okay, maybe pinch really hard) to have the estimated power remaining ALWAYS display at the bottom of the navigation info, versus only when you drag it large - have it next to the estimated time of arrival, miles distant, etc.) - and of course have it update in real time based on conditions. I think it already does that in trip planner, it just doesn't show itself unless you take up a good chunk of your screen.
okay end of [this] rant.
Twitter or use TeslaMotor's on Reddit "feature request" thread. They claim Tesla sometimes browses through there.

One black LR, one msm LR, red plaid from last week still there, and one red LR. Is this one yours? I have a picture of the vin but didn’t know if she wanted it post it publicly or not. The last digit is 4

The red LR appeared perfect to me. I saw no noticeable gaps anywhere nor any sort of paint defect. However obviously they had not washed it so not possible to truly see paint condition. But from what I could see it looked to be perfect.
How’d the black MSLR look???
Picking that one up on Saturday!