Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6596BD8A-CC9C-4782-9262-F588389F2BC6.gif

Last edited:
Yay!
Picked this black beauty up today!

Did the checklist as recommended…Only a couple minor issues:
- Panel gap on passenger front door (they adjusted a bit, but still kinda off, see pre-adjustment picture)

- Rear left door wood trim had a small piece flake off on a part of an edge (may put in a service request)

- Rear left C pillar/headliner piece loose (SA stated this is normal, but the opposite side is fine🤷‍♀️)

- missing hatch privacy cover (SA placed order for home delivery)

- several surface scratches on the back(bumper/hatch) ~ 2” in length (they took car to back and buffed out pretty much all of them during my appt)

- was initially missing license plate frame and hatch small left side cargo cover, but they were able to provide these to me when I asked.

Came with the continental all season tires as promised!

Only drove about 20 miles in a small loop on the highway and streets of Richmond before leaving at the PPF shop.

Should hopefully get back on Tuesday!
Can’t wait!!

Attachments

• 8B0F2EF2-65A5-4A3F-9965-C55FA7EC8217.jpeg
    8B0F2EF2-65A5-4A3F-9965-C55FA7EC8217.jpeg
    893 KB · Views: 80
  • 3FCDC422-A753-4DEF-8520-77BDDC9C47F8.jpeg
    3FCDC422-A753-4DEF-8520-77BDDC9C47F8.jpeg
    605.8 KB · Views: 72
Yay!

- Panel gap on passenger front door (they adjusted a bit, but still kinda off, see pre-adjustment picture)

- Rear left door wood trim had a small piece flake off on a part of an edge (may put in a service request)

- Rear left C pillar/headliner piece loose (SA stated this is normal, but the opposite side is fine🤷‍♀️)

- several surface scratches on the back(bumper/hatch) ~ 2” in length (they took car to back and buffed out pretty much all of them during my appt)

- was initially missing license plate frame and hatch small left side cargo cover, but they were able to provide these to me when I asked.

Only drove about 20 miles in a small loop on the highway and streets of Richmond before leaving at the PPF shop.

Can’t wait!!
Ordered the same build with 21s. Looks great :) black ftw

Yay!

Can’t wait!!
Good show kiddo! All the best to you and your rocket ship!

Yay!

Can’t wait!!
Congrats on the beautiful new car. Ha ha, rockin’ the Plaid shirt too, nice! I bought the same shirt in anticipation of my Plaid delivery (hopefully) next month.

I had the same colour combo on my current 75D and I loved the look but found it was too hard to keep it looking clean (especially in our Canadian winters) so I’m going red and black this time. I hope you enjoy it once it’s back from the detailer’s!

Took delivery of my LR today. Beautiful car.

-Started hailing/sleeting 30 mins before delivery - thankfully it was tiny and quick
-As feared, no delivery person. But as luck would have it, there was a Tesla person who's helpful with general questions from all ppl taking delivery. 5 mins is all I ask and all I needed.
-B/c I did my exterior pre-inspection (see my previous post), today is all about interior and driving testing.

First the cons:
-Missing privacy trunk cover
-Quite a few minor trim, panel gap, and cosmetic issues
-Frunk and Driver side door don't close easy.
-Major issue #1: yoke buzzing. Yeah it's real. At all times, even when parked. Seems louder on the left side. Once you hear it you can NOT unhear it. So far I haven't heard anyone who had this got it fixed...:(
-Major issue #2: although my friend who has 2 Teslas assured me otherwise, I'm gonna put it out here: it seems when I accelerate hard, there's this faint high pitch noise (almost sounded like "BEEEEEEP") for a second or two. Current Tesla owners - is this normal?

That's all the negatives. It drives great!!! No rattles, whistles, vibrations at any speed.

Other tidbits:
-Yoke looks smaller in person for some reason. I found myself at least once trying to catch the non-existing top half.
-Although I thought I was prepared mentally for the button turn signal (by pretending to press buttons on my ICE car for sometime now), I am still not used to it... yet
-Very quiet ride
-Definitely sports mode for the steering wheel all the way for me. Setting it in comfort mode gives it way too much play, like a non-powersteering wheel
-I didn't think it would be the case but I like firm suspension.
-I need to keep on reminding myself that the body is vey wide, and parking at home will be a headache, as I have to make a tight 90 degree turns into my garage going forward... arrrhh.
-The headlights are good enough for me.
-Maybe it's corny, but I'd like to have the ability to physically lock my car as I walk away, instead of waiting for it to lock by itself. I know I can do that w/ the key card, but let's face it, everyone uses his/her phones!
-I tried the cup method for honking but couldn't get it to work (covering up all the right side buttons)
-First time I stepped on the gas I was very timid. No need to be. One has to be intentional to accelerate very fast.
-I think I will keep the 2 "baby car" keys as souvenirs. Not even gonna pull the battery saving tab out. Anyone actually uses them?
-I bought a matte screen protector but I think I will just return it. I like the high definition of the screen too much.
-I only punched it a few times today (and only once all the way - more below) but perhaps b/c I was the driver and ready for it - but I didn't find the acceleration that unbearable. Boy I would really like to try the Plaid just once in my lifetime...
-Still waiting on 3Dmaxspider (or similarly materialed) floormat, any moonroof retractable shade, and a decent Plaid style (long) spoiler - anyone got those?

Two funny stories:
-Two friends and I were messing around w/ fart mode, but it became not funny quickly when farting noise kept happening and nothing we can do to turn it off! We fumbled around for 5 mins before finally figuring out that I had "farting on turn signal" on, and the turn signal was on. LOL!!!

-Giving my daughter and a friend a ride home and I was just driving normally, taking it easy. She was like, "this does not feel like a rocket ship..." <immediately punched gas pedal all the way for two seconds for the only time today> "AAAAARRRRRHHHH......ok dad, I now know what you mean..." 😁

Long day. I just submitted a long ass service request list (~15 items). Will test more tomorrow.

IMG_1882.jpeg

-Started hailing/sleeting 30 mins before delivery - thankfully it was tiny and quick
-As feared, no delivery person. But as luck would have it, there was a Tesla person who's helpful with general questions from all ppl taking delivery. 5 mins is all I ask and all I needed.
-B/c I did my exterior pre-inspection (see my previous post), today is all about interior and driving testing.

First the cons:
-Major issue #1: yoke buzzing. Yeah it's real. At all times, even when parked. Seems louder on the left side. Once you hear it you can NOT unhear it. So far I haven't heard anyone who had this got it fixed...:(
-Major issue #2: although my friend who has 2 Teslas assured me otherwise, I'm gonna put it out here: it seems when I accelerate hard, there's this faint high pitch noise (almost sounded like "BEEEEEEP") for a second or two. Current Tesla owners - is this normal?

That's all the negatives. It drives great!!! No rattles, whistles, vibrations at any speed.

Other tidbits:
-Yoke looks smaller in person for some reason. I found myself at least once trying to catch the non-existing top half.
-Although I thought I was prepared mentally for the button turn signal (by pretending to press buttons on my ICE car for sometime now), I am still not used to it... yet
-Very quiet ride
-Definitely sports mode for the steering wheel all the way for me. Setting it in comfort mode gives it way too much play, like a non-powersteering wheel
-I need to keep on reminding myself that the body is vey wide, and parking at home will be a headache, as I have to make a tight 90 degree turns into my garage going forward... arrrhh.
-Maybe it's corny, but I'd like to have the ability to physically lock my car as I walk away, instead of waiting for it to lock by itself. I know I can do that w/ the key card, but let's face it, everyone uses his/her phones!
-I tried the cup method for honking but couldn't get it to work (covering up all the right side buttons)
-First time I stepped on the gas I was very timid. No need to be. One has to be intentional to accelerate very fast.
-I think I will keep the 2 "baby car" keys as souvenirs. Not even gonna pull the battery saving tab out. Anyone actually uses them?
-I bought a matte screen protector but I think I will just return it. I like the high definition of the screen too much.
-I only punched it a few times today (and only once all the way - more below) but perhaps b/c I was the driver and ready for it - but I didn't find the acceleration that unbearable. Boy I would really like to try the Plaid just once in my lifetime...
-Still waiting on 3Dmaxspider (or similarly materialed) floormat, any moonroof retractable shade, and a decent Plaid style (long) spoiler - anyone got those?

Two funny stories:
-Two friends and I were messing around w/ fart mode, but it became not funny quickly when farting noise kept happening and nothing we can do to turn it off! We fumbled around for 5 mins before finally figuring out that I had "farting on turn signal" on, and the turn signal was on. LOL!!!

-Giving my daughter and a friend a ride home and I was just driving normally, taking it easy. She was like, "this does not feel like a rocket ship..." <immediately punched gas pedal all the way for two seconds for the only time today> "AAAAARRRRRHHHH......ok dad, I now know what you mean..." 😁

Long day. I just submitted a long ass service request list (~15 items). Will test more tomorrow.

View attachment 768369
Congratulations!
Doing the same with the two baby car key fobs. They’re so cute and love that they match the color of my black MSLR!

I only tried punching it really hard once and got semi nauseous for a bit so I went easy after that.

Good show kiddo! All the best to you and your rocket ship!
Thanks!!

Congrats on the beautiful new car. Ha ha, rockin’ the Plaid shirt too, nice! I bought the same shirt in anticipation of my Plaid delivery (hopefully) next month.

I had the same colour combo on my current 75D and I loved the look but found it was too hard to keep it looking clean (especially in our Canadian winters) so I’m going red and black this time. I hope you enjoy it once it’s back from the detailer’s!

Thanks!!
Yup! I had to…even though it’s not a plaid it was still perfect for the occasion!

Good luck with your delivery!!

First the cons:

Other tidbits:
-Very quiet ride

Two funny stories:

View attachment 768369

Congrats Paul! Let us know how the buzzing yoke goes. Curious what Tesla says about that.

Also, there's no gas pedal no more, baby!!!!

My MSLR is at the service center. I’m picking up this week. I hope I can enter and exit easily.

Car built last week is a good thing. I wouldn't want a car built tommorow...

Pics would be nice, as I think defects should be decreasing. Interior trim/door alignment, seat wrinkles, door/window issues would be things I'm curious about.

Found a mouse next to my car today. I live in a newly built house and have never seen a mouse ever! There better not be a family of mice chewing up my wires like I've seen some people finding out...

If there is, it definitely got in before I picked up the car. It's in the grass because I kicked it out of my garage haha

Attachments

• PXL_20220213_234339247.jpg
    PXL_20220213_234339247.jpg
    605.6 KB · Views: 56
Found a mouse next to my car today. I live in a newly built house and have never seen a mouse ever! There better not be a family of mice chewing up my wires like I've seen some people finding out...

If there is, it definitely got in before I picked up the car. It's in the grass because I kicked it out of my garage haha
Thanks for the photo! Appreciate it. 🤣