Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
. When I connected my key card the Tesla app under Security says that it is connecting to my phone and indicates "Phone Key -Connecting". Never seen that before. Is that normal? I have an option to select under the app "Forget this vehicle." But that will remove all phone key features. Any help will be appreciated. TIA
Definitely should say "Connected" and not connecting. I would run the phone key setup again.

Is there a reason why my Monroney sticker says the date of manufacture as 01/22 whereas the production date according to Tesla SA is 2/5/22?
You obviously haven't been reading many posts here. Never trust what an SA says. They make up stuff faster than you can ask for info. Look at the date on the driver's door sticker.

827B8FA9-D201-4644-A587-9C062F383DE8.jpeg

What would you do???

Was scheduled to pick up my MS Plaid last Friday, 2/18, Vin 472. Upon arrival was told my car had a fault and was being worked on.
No resolution Friday or Saturday.

Question, would you reject the delivery and if I did, what would happen. Do they reorder another car? Punish you and delay your next delivery or ???

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
What would you do???

Was scheduled to pick up my MS Plaid last Friday, 2/18, Vin 472. Upon arrival was told my car had a fault and was being worked on.

Question, would you reject the delivery and if I did, what would happen. Do they reorder another car? Punish you and delay your next delivery or ???
Punish you? No one wants to punish you

Hey, I'll be available in around 15 minutes. Subject we can talk about: favorite Elon tweet. (Genuine favorite, not sarcastic). I've got one earmarked already!
LOL, I’ll try. But I’m about to settle into the latest Righteous Gemstones and will likely get my fill of mockery there rather than on Elon‘s tweets. And I’d really have no choice other than to mock them…I’m of the opinion he should self-ban from the tweet machine.

LOL, I’ll try. But I’m about to settle into the latest Righteous Gemstones and will likely get my fill of mockery there rather than on Elon‘s tweets. And I’d really have no choice other than to mock them…I’m of the opinion he should self-ban from the tweet machine.
Ah ok lol. Then FavoriteTweetCon is canceled!

What would you do???

It would depend on what the problem was. Mine needed a windshield replacement so no big deal. I would definitely ask for an explanation of what the exact problem was though.

If you reject it you will be put back in line and should get one of the next builds that match your order. You don't get punished or put at the end of the line.

Yup. They've got a permit to build 2000 non-sellable cars, for testing and calibration purposes. Final approval will come, but in what year is what no one knows. 🤣
Interesting. The photo I saw showed quite a lot of cars already built. I guess Tesla could use them as Demo's but still probably too many for Germany alone. Maybe Demo's for the rest of Europe. Or maybe non-sellable in Germany but could be exported for sale. I wouldn't be surprised if that was an available loophole. In which case I'd further explore the viability of renewing 2,000 cars permit over and over again and make Berlin productive for producing cars for the rest of Europe if I were Tesla. Yes I think like the Godfather.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Interesting. The photo I saw showed quite a lot of cars already built. I guess Tesla could use them as Demo's but still probably too many for Germany alone. Maybe Demo's for the rest of Europe. Or maybe non-sellable in Germany but could be exported for sale. I wouldn't be surprised if that was an available loophole. In which case I'd further explore the viability of renewing 2,000 cars permit over and over again and make Berlin productive for producing cars for the rest of Europe if I were Tesla. Yes I think like the Godfather.
Yeah I mean maybe they could, but I doubt it. At least from how I understand it, these can be used for testing purposes only, and can never be sold. After they're done testing, they're usually crushed.

Reactions: jebinc and DermMD