Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed there is. For me personally, I find the action cumbersome. And when first introduced it was usually accompanied with turning on the windshield wipers. :rolleyes:

From a few pages back, this was in reference to an alternative means to honk the horn, by placing your hand over the right side of the yoke. Mention of this has been removed from the user manual, and IIRC that feature was indeed removed, as well. (Not at home at the moment, so I can't confirm.)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I’m still happy that I took delivery last week. Car is flawless, no vibration issues, and the taillights look better than the new sugar. The matrix headlights would have been nice, but I had to move on with my life!

There will always be something “coming,” from now until the end of time (or Tesla)!

For those interested...

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/jebinc’s-plaid-vibration-experiment-results.258189/#post-6455160

That’s very unfortunate. I’ve got an X Long Range order in (surprise, due Jan 2023!) but under the assumption by then that someone would have validated if Tesla has fixed the mounting of the Drive Unit and the cv joints, motor mount, etc. this post from an early S owner does not fill me with hope.

If so, I’ll likely cancel and just stick with my Cybertruck (which I’d rarely launch anyway). Sigh.

That’s very unfortunate. I’ve got an X Long Range order in (surprise, due Jan 2023!) but under the assumption by then that someone would have validated if Tesla has fixed the mounting of the Drive Unit and the cv joints, motor mount, etc. this post from an early S owner does not fill me with hope.

If so, I’ll likely cancel and just stick with my Cybertruck (which I’d rarely launch anyway). Sigh.
Cybertruck will still be crazy fast in either trim lol! <4.5 seconds in the Dual Motor is still awesome.

Whether it‘s looking good or not is purely subjective, the thing I care more is that the new design could make the current 10 year old design “outdated” and lose value immediately.
I had one of the first 3’s off the line and afterward saw serious upgrades, like AWD, and still traded it in for just a few grand less than I paid after tax rebate. I’m fortunate to have gotten this car for 15k less than many others and can’t lose sleep over not getting the 100% optimal results.

Agree, but it’s partly offset by the ugly-ass new ass.
Yeah, I kinda like the old ass.
IMG_1955.jpeg

These lights will require a new harness (like the M3 and Y did), is what I've heard.
It seems, though, that the new samsung/hella matrix lights are also can bus based looking at the take apart and chip identification... so it very well might be something adaptable. The current headlights are also can bus from what I understand, so it might very well be something that could be retrofitted but it really depends on if Tesla wants to make this available to us. I think it's more likely that chip shortages will limit the options for retrofits more than technical reasons.

I will really be more upset after taking delivery of my Plaid if they refresh and include ambient colored lighting, motorized screen tilting, and a second passenger display, hah, but more importantly if they have a major design change for the half-shaft vibration issues that we will all be stuck with. Those definitely would not be an easy retrofit...

It seems, though, that the new samsung/hella matrix lights are also can bus based looking at the take apart and chip identification... so it very well might be something adaptable. The current headlights are also can bus from what I understand, so it might very well be something that could be retrofitted but it really depends on if Tesla wants to make this available to us. I think it's more likely that chip shortages will limit the options for retrofits more than technical reasons.

I will really be more upset after taking delivery of my Plaid if they refresh and include ambient colored lighting, motorized screen tilting, and a second passenger display, hah. Those definitely would not be an easy retrofit...
I'm not positive on this at all, but were the pre-matrix lights on the 3 and Y CANbus capable? I'm not sure on that. Because from what I've heard, this will likely be very similar to how the matrix lights went in the 3 and Y. And with those, it apparently required a different wiring harness, thus making it un-retrofittable. Just trying to tamp down expectations. :)

Reactions: impastu
I'm not positive on this at all, but were the pre-matrix lights on the 3 and Y CANbus capable? I'm not sure on that. Because from what I've heard, this will likely be very similar to how the matrix lights went in the 3 and Y. And with those, it apparently required a different wiring harness, thus making it un-retrofittable. Just trying to tamp down expectations. :)
46180329-9C78-4C53-92C8-27137C764723.png

• Funny
Last edited: