Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 3E0CDB26-A5BE-4FFE-BA5E-C3AA37FDCA5E.jpeg
    3E0CDB26-A5BE-4FFE-BA5E-C3AA37FDCA5E.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Just got matched to a VIN, 470xxx. LR white/black 19". 1150 reservation from June and I'm in OC, CA. Of course I was praying for the new lights but I'm kind of doubting that I'll get them. Am I thinking correctly? Been waiting forever so I'd hate to turn it down but damn it I want the new stuff!

If I delay, will I be pushed to the back of the line or something? What I've read seems to indicate no, but I need to confirm with all you that are smarter than me!

Nice to see you around @Jet007!

(I'm formerly 2021plaid) 👇

• Love
Reactions: Jet007
Nice to see you around @Jet007!

(I'm formerly 2021plaid) 👇
I'm always lurking. :)
Love your updates on the new taillights, especially since I'm waiting for my 2nd order next month. Sold my 1st one delivered in Nov today.

• Love
It’s growing on me. Admit they look hot at night. I'm stuck with 471 delivering Saturday. Was making my self feel better thinking the back was so ugly. But this has me wondering.
I would reject it and get this updated model. If only for the depreciation savings

You can always wrap that body colored trim piece black and the rear end wouldn’t look much different.

I am expecting delivery Monday for my MS long range. I contacted Tesla to see if I could hold off on accepting delivery and they said because I ordered so long ago (July 30th), that it may end up canceling my entire order and thereby start a new order- which could risk losing $10k…. Since a new order would lock me in to the new price. I assumed Tesla would have a definitive answer on this. Anyone else encounter a similar issue?

I am expecting delivery Monday for my MS long range. I contacted Tesla to see if I could hold off on accepting delivery and they said because I ordered so long ago (July 30th), that it may end up canceling my entire order and thereby start a new order- which could risk losing $10k…. Since a new order would lock me in to the new price. I assumed Tesla would have a definitive answer on this. Anyone else encounter a similar issue?
Check your order agreement. Over time they reduced the number of days from their initial attempt to notify you to accept delivery or face cancellation. My order from later last year says 30 days, yours may be 60 or 90. That means you can refuse delivery at this time and have up to that number of days to accept, and the delivery location will most likely sell off your car to someone else and re-match you in a couple weeks. Like anything else, good to point out to your SA and get confirmation this is how they'll handle it.