Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Na it's either lighting or just something else. The red one has no such issue, and it looks EXCELLENT. I'm excited for this change.
1645650077314.png

Compliments of Green!

Last edited:
@EndlessPlaid where are you? The thread is off the rails with negativity, it needs some Positivity quickly! Everyone wants the lights to fit and other such nonsense.
I know right? Everyone all upset about a mule, that's clearly not production lol. The S line changes are not quite done yet. Should be done later on this week from what I've heard. I'm still busy, but positivity will be back soon!

I know right? Everyone all upset about a mule, that's clearly not production lol. The S line changes are not quite done yet. Should be done later on this week. I'm still busy, but positivity will be back soon!
Your people need you. So whatever life thing you're doing you just think long and hard about what's happening right here right now.

I know right? Everyone all upset about a mule, that's clearly not production lol. The S line changes are not quite done yet. Should be done later on this week from what I've heard. I'm still busy, but positivity will be back soon!
for supposedly being so good at mfg it sure takes tesla a long time to implement a minor change on their lines. 4 days for headlights/taillights?

Yeah, don’t let the facts ruin a good story! 🤣
I have to say, I would be very, VERY surprised if cars were delivered with the gaps by the lights. That wouldn't be poor fitment or alignment, that would be an entirely new level of flaw during the vehicle design process. A level even Tesla has never sunk to. So this is not something that concerns me.

for supposedly being so good at mfg it sure takes tesla a long time to implement a minor change on their lines. 4 days for headlights/taillights?
Oh, there's the tilting screen, the shift to quad-motor, 3 new paint colors, ambient light activation, passenger screen activation, horn in yoke center, and 4680's. 4 days ain't bad.

I have to say, I would be very, VERY surprised if cars were delivered with the gaps by the lights. That wouldn't be poor fitment or alignment, that would be an entirely new level of flaw during the vehicle design process. A level even Tesla has never sunk to. So this is not something that concerns me.
i mean i agree they won't deliver like that...but i dont think there is car they wouldn't deliver if thats how it showed up to delivery center. They've delivered cars where the whole damn roof blew off on the way home lmao.

Maybe thats the new taillight in the the old rear end and its all being redesigned? Seems silly vs. just designing a taillight to fit existing hole...

I could be wrong but I think the pictures shared with the tail light were intentionally taken like that and shared.. what are the odds of everytime someone is clicking the tail lights picture and is being sorry for not being able to take a clear picture of front lights?? As if the flash of their phone failed while taking the pictures of the front light, so they dark..(Everytime)..

i mean i agree they won't deliver like that...but i dont think there is car they wouldn't deliver if thats how it showed up to delivery center. They've delivered cars where the whole damn roof blew off on the way home lmao.

Maybe thats the new taillight in the the old rear end and its all being redesigned? Seems silly vs. just designing a taillight to fit existing hole...
I had a new Mustang GT in 1994 that blew up with 75 miles on it. Ford forgot to tighten the bolts in the oil pump. One roof flew off. Things happen.

It's likely much less than that. The S lines are probably shut down today, and will be back online tomorrow.
And even if it was 4 days, I would like to see another car maker beat that time to make changes, considering that they are all used to waiting for model years. Tesla is the embodiment of agile manufacturing at its best.😃