Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No its not.... However having radar adaptive cruise across multiple versions of the same vehicle over 10 years, I have averaged less than 1 incident a year, but I know someone who rented a model 3 two weeks ago and reported 3 incidents within 1 week..... I am a bit worried about my upcoming purchase....

I will give it a chance though, really hope I am wrong and it works well, if not, once the novelty of the speed wears down a bit, Ill sell it and move on.
I can say with certainty there was a decline in phantom braking when Vision was enabled. I'm pretty sure I even posted about it here way back.

I was talking with a very long term Tesla service tech yesterday and asked him about the pre-matrix lights on the 3 and Y. He said that they always had the same amount of wires including a control wire. This gives me hope that we can retrofit ours.
don't tell @glide this. He might have a seizure at the thought of there being a possibility since he believes the opposite.

I can say with certainty there was a decline in phantom braking when Vision was enabled. I'm pretty sure I even posted about it here way back.
But was that on an S where it could use radar AND vision, or on a 3?

This is what gives me worry:

But was that on an S where it could use radar AND vision, or on a 3?

This is what gives me worry:

When in FSD Beta the car no longer uses radar. Prior to being in Beta FSD used both. There was a decline in phantom braking when the switch to Beta happened and the car uses Vision only.

When in FSD Beta the car no longer uses radar. Prior to being in Beta FSD used both. There was a decline in phantom braking when the switch to Beta happened and the car uses Vision only.
That’s what I heard too. I was under the impression that the phantom breaking was often a result of a conflict between the readings from the radar and vision systems and it’s the main reason why the Autopilot team wanted to get rid of radar.

That’s what I heard too. I was under the impression that the phantom breaking was often a result of a conflict between the readings from the radar and vision systems and it’s the main reason why the Autopilot team wanted to get rid of radar.
Is there some blog where the autopilot team posts their opinions on development?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Awesome, hope that to be true! Gonna fully admit, I am basing all I know off of hearsay and friends and reports and articles like the one I referenced above..... It gives me pause... makes me worry, but isn't stopping me from plunking down the cash and taking delivery... I hope the worry is for naught.

Maybe they are about ready to push down learnings from FSD to the main software package..... I'll give it a fair shake either way.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I guess the real question is, has anyone had their order cancelled (on a refresh MS) for unmatching a VIN. I know many have done it (including myself 2x) without issue.
I have also released my assigned VIN twice because I was out of town.
However, the second time I was going to release the VIN and put my order on hold, the SA warned me that it is possible to cause order cancellation. However, because he did not see any related warning associated with my order, he said it should be safe. It turns out that everything works okay.

I ordered an MS LR. Although the original post told that every new VIN assigned to MS LR orders after this Monday will be the ones with the matrix headlight. I am worried about whether I will be matched to any existing inventory or the one rejected by another customer in the next few days.
The hold is scheduled to be lifted on Feb/28. Due to this headlight refresh, I was considering extending the hold before it is lifted. I wonder whether this operation will jeopardize my order?

Hmmmm, found over on the Twitter... ;)

One of the changes might be the ability to choose a round steering wheel on the refresh?

FMUhigHXwAIUxdx.jpg

FMUh0FkXsAAboz8.png

Hmmmm, found over on the Twitter... ;)

One of the changes might be the ability to choose a round steering wheel on the refresh?

View attachment 773103

View attachment 773104
Yeah Green tweeted that out. I think it unlikely though that a round wheel is coming. This is probably a remnant from the prototypes spotted in Q1 2021 that had the round wheel.

• Love
Reactions: Bull and Daniel454
That's actually why I had the winky face.... I am a skeptic but Sawyer re-tweeted it so I can never be 100% sure. I'll stick with the yoke either way....
Yeah, and you never know! Could always happen! And I think it would be neat (although a little weird after seeing the yoke for so long; my mind has made Palladium and yoke synonymous), as it would expand the market even further for Model S. Yoke all the way though for me! Can't get more unique.

Awesome, hope that to be true! Gonna fully admit, I am basing all I know off of hearsay and friends and reports and articles like the one I referenced above..... It gives me pause... makes me worry, but isn't stopping me from plunking down the cash and taking delivery... I hope the worry is for naught.

Maybe they are about ready to push down learnings from FSD to the main software package..... I'll give it a fair shake either way.
Ah, don’t sweat it. AP and FSD are pretty sweet. They’ll also really make you wonder what they’re doing sometimes, but overall I find them very useful.

Let @IamGaryGnu do the worrying, he loves that.

Noooooooo. All fact on this here interweb.
You see that nice diffused LED charging ring on my old charge port? Well, do you see it? I bet you won’t see it on the new large charge port - just cheapened plastic. Wait for it! @EndlessPlaid told me, so it’s true! jk, he did tell me, but I think I will be proven 100% correct….

AFBB1E2E-4636-4AA9-A407-A8E2E0FDF1CC.jpeg