Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just as I had suspected, my EDD changed from 2/24-3/24 to 3/11-3/31

Sigh. This is kinda annoying if I’m being honest, makes me want to just go get a used model from a non Tesla dealer. I’ve been tracking some pretty good options and at this point might go that route.

Buuut at the same time, the new headlights and taillights… what to do what to do
All Tesla owners have to go through this right of passage hazing! You can do it, don't stray. By the time I picked mine up (just a week ago) I was like a warn out rag doll. It was worth it. Now I have a service appt to fix a few things .... it will be all right. My blue MSLR is AWESOME!

Just spoke with my sales advisor. My VIN was assigned this morning as a 472 - he can see in the system it finished production yesterday and is in QA today. Hopefully the line resumed yesterday and I have the first of the new builds 🤞!
Great! Tell him to take their time in QA (quality assurance).. Makes me think that not only was Tesla down for changes of lights, possibly training employees on some of their issues would be my hope..

I had my delivery 3 weeks ago and I'm still on 2021.43.201. Has anyone who had a delivery within the last 3 weeks get updated to the 2022.4.5.x stream?

I took delivery on 1/27 and was on 2021.43.??? for just over three weeks when updates started coming in. I'm now on 2022.4.5.3. I think there is a hold on getting updates when the car is first delivered.

Vistan

Just spoke with my sales advisor. My VIN was assigned this morning as a 472 - he can see in the system it finished production yesterday and is in QA today. Hopefully the line resumed yesterday and I have the first of the new builds 🤞!

Just saw a recent build 4721xx plaid at the Santa Monica store. No wrinkles. No worm. No panel or door misalignment. Doors easy to close. Range 396m with 19", right on spec.

Frunk hard to close, already dented.

Pic of interior trim below.

Attachments

• IMG_20220226_122202163.jpg
    IMG_20220226_122202163.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 280
Just saw a recent build 4721xx plaid at the Santa Monica store. No wrinkles. No worm. No panel or door misalignment. Doors easy to close. Range 396m with 19", right on spec.

Frunk hard to close, already dented.

Pic of interior trim below.
Dude, I was just there to for the LA Club event. We brought wife’s red MYP.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
No, they don't work unless you can get your car configuration changed and Tesla hasn't been willing/able to do that.

Released the MF430 that was VIN matched to me last week right before Christmas. Don't need a car at this moment and since I waited 7 months ready, what's another 3-4 months right? (Latest EDD). Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the knowledge and feedback on the damage repaired car. I will be on this forum a bit longer :)
So the car finally came. I was matched with a 2022 in mid January (MSM black interior LR 19 no FSD). Took delivery at night in the back lot and did my best to document any visible issues (scratches on windshield, misaligned hood / lift gate, scratched window trim) and submitted a request for service as part of delivery inspection. SC appointment happened this week and they were able to address most of the stuff but not all (ordered a new windshield and new window trim for me for late March install). Detailer that ceramic coated the car yesterday noticed headliner was detached near windshield so good thing a new windshield is coming so they can address. Next step is wheels (suggestions?) Thanks again everyone for all the help esp with turning down that 2021 MF430. I was just happy to get a 2022 after 8 months of waiting.

Attachments

• PXL_20220207_004423359~2.jpg
    PXL_20220207_004423359~2.jpg
    851.4 KB · Views: 89
Hi All, just a long time lurker… here for the laughs, refresh rumors, delivery info, bad news and good news. I never thought I’d have much to contribute here, but low and behold… today, well today… I do.
Spotted a few carriers driving south on 101 today. Though it might be the usual load of 3’a headed south. But as I got closer, I realized they were the latest refreshed plaids that we’ve been waiting for! (Unless you don’t like the new rear)
I was only able to get a few shots, but good enough to catch the rear and share! The appliqué delete looks to be body color now, and that odd gap/“vent” in the side of fender at the taillight by the new charging door that we saw in the white mule pics, that had us worried doesn’t appear to be there, but that door alignment though… 😂
So the factory is back online for sure, and if your in SoCal waiting to take delivery of your plaid, it should be very soon now. I’m sure we’ll start to see some better pics from folks here picking up there cars soon enough. But there you go, they are on there way now!
This one’s for @EndlessPlaid

B33C1B77-984A-42F4-B422-5B0C20E1EA6F.jpeg

84F1E5C3-3D0A-41A7-9837-D796392AD563.jpeg

Hi All, just a long time lurker… here for the laughs, refresh rumors, delivery info, bad news and good news. I never thought I’d have much to contribute here, but low and behold… today, well today… I do.
Spotted a few carriers driving south on 101 today. Though it might be the usual load of 3’a headed south. But as I got closer, I realized they were the latest refreshed plaids that we’ve been waiting for! (Unless you don’t like the new rear)
I was only able to get a few shots, but good enough to catch the rear and share! The appliqué delete looks to be body color now, and that odd gap/“vent” in the side of fender at the taillight by the new charging door that we saw in the white mule pics, that had us worried doesn’t appear to be there, but that door alignment though… 😂
So the factory is back online for sure, and if your in SoCal waiting to take delivery of your plaid, it should be very soon now. I’m sure we’ll start to see some better pics from folks here picking up there cars soon enough. But there you go, they are on there way now!

View attachment 774310

View attachment 774311
THEY'RE ****ING SHIPPING!!! LINES ARE ONLINE! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 774310

View attachment 774311
DUDE thank you! Looks like the applique is black!