Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now waiting for visual confirmation to see if MS LR has the same changes too
That would suck if these changes are exclusive to plaid …..
@EndlessPlaid is sure that they do!
Woah woah woah. The Dual Motor Model S is getting these lights too! What's unsure at this point is whether it will be getting a body color or a black rear applique, and whether the Plaid will get a body or black applique.

Why do we think Tesla didn’t make the change on the Model X at the same time? Same production line; now people will hold back on X deliveries as they wait for these to show up. Bad business decision, IMHO.
Likely because either the lights for X haven't been done yet, or they don't want to do the changes with this much inventory left. From what I've heard, X does not appear to be far behind.

Reactions: jebinc
Not familiar with the X lights. Are they not the same as the S?
They are not. Take a look at the DRLs, and the rear lights on the X:
2017_tesla_model_x_headlight.jpg

2019_tesla_model_x_taillight.jpg

And now compare to the MS tweets above.

• Informative
Reactions: VikH and jebinc
Are my eyes just playing tricks on me, or does the video show a thin ambient light bar embedded in the dash trim in front of the passenger seat?
It looks like a reflection from the sun on the dash. We know already there is a "light bar" slot in the dash trim - thanks to this post Post in thread '2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features'. I doubt they removed it. And I doubt ambient light would be on while the car is off and (assumed to be) locked.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Finally confirmation on the new headlights! Note article from DTC. They say deliveries are currently mixed with old and new lights.

It looks like a reflection from the sun on the dash. We know already there is a "light bar" slot in the dash trim - thanks to this post Post in thread '2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features'. I doubt they removed it. And I doubt ambient light would be on while the car is off and (assumed to be) locked.
Thanks for the link. That’s cool, I didn’t realize any vehicles had been shipped with actual slots or LEDs for the ambient lights in the trim - I thought it was just the empty connectors hidden behind opaque trim pieces so far. I’d love to get some RGB ambient lighting in my upcoming Plaid since I opted for the more boring back interior this time around.

Vs old plaid code list

Manufacturing code list
Codes converted using Tesla data, inferred from previous Tesla codes or community info
Model S, North America Region Car, US Car, LR/Performance 2021 battery, US Safety kit in black, Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive, Front seats (from mid 2020), Multicoat Red, Walnut Trim, 19 Tempest v2, No firmware limit/Long Range, CH17, MS06, Left hand drive, Basic Autopilot features, Base AP, FSD Upgrade available, AP 3.0 Hardware, Pay per use Supercharging, Yoke steering wheel, Adaptive air suspension, TS91, General production car, No 3rd row of seats, Std order type, GPS Enabled Homelink, Satellite Radio, Performance Motor, Front drive motor V2 (MS Plaid), Plaid Rear Motors, Standard connectivity, HL00, RL00, IC02, Plaid Brakes (TBC), No towing package, CP00

• Informative