Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t tell whether you’re joking about the radar retrofit or not. If in fact you’re not, what’s your workaround to enable software functionality to support the radar? I suppose you could sideload which then invalidates your Tesla warranty and I believe you would no longer get Tesla software updates. Worth it?

Your warranty would not be invalidated for modifying your car. I believe software updates should be fine, I've talked with one other person who retrofitted a radar into a vision 3 and it works fine. Re-enabled 90mph AP and everything.

I don't know if I'll be able to do it, but my plan would be to dig into it and reach out to some people who seem to know what they're doing regarding modifying the car configs. Really would just need to flip one config, but finding out how to do that is the most difficult part. Maybe subscription toolbox even allows for setting that config (but probably not). I'd first check if the harness is even there before I bother digging into it.

I'm happy to report that my Plaid has Walnut!
It seems to be somewhat polarizing, almost like the white seats/interior. Personally I'm glad my plaid does not have wood trim. But there are some folks that definitely prefer it. Despite variety being the spice of life, Tesla Plaids fall into the camp of "too bad it only comes like this." And honestly? for that performance...many of us acquiesce.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Video now up on FB!

AC46D6DD-ED0A-465F-BE6B-9D05E7E416A0.png

Holy crud, it's going to happen! Funny thing, is I checked EDD (6/25-7/23) and left a message with my Advisor asking how new orders were 4-8 weeks and mine slipped 4 months. As I hung up, checked again, and it was 3/2-3/13. Left another message thanking him. I told you guys he was good! :)

I've been wishing for 3 things since pre-delivery day
  1. Active Spoiler
  2. Matrix Headlights
  3. New Tail-lights
Despite being told directly that they weren't happening: #37,932 , #36,424 , #37,944 .

There were also a bunch of neyseyers here saying it would never come to pass. But I won't bother quoting them. :)

Slew of other stuff that had much less probability of happening. #25

So.....Two out of three ain't bad. Funding secured, I'm ready!

And then I can be free of this thread.....

1646069814817.png

Last edited:
Holy crud, it's going to happen! I've been wishing for 3 things since pre-delivery day
  1. Active Spoiler
  2. Matrix Headlights
  3. New Tail-lights
Despite being told directly that they weren't happening: #37,932 , #36,424 , #37,944 .

There were also a bunch of neyseyers here saying it would never come to pass. But I won't bother quoting them. :)

Slew of other stuff that had much less probability of happening. #25

So.....Two out of three ain't bad. Funding secured, I'm ready!

And then I can be free of this thread.....

Hope the adage holds, good things come to those that wait!

Wasn’t there a friendly banter somewhere here where @EndlessPlaid said something about it’s happening and ended up with that statement in someone’s signature? Just a gentle reminder to own up as it’s happened.
Yup! That was one of my messages quoted by @WilliamG, where I said they were definitely coming soon, and looked to be on schedule. This was early Feb IIRC.
And YUP, turned out good lol! It's so great too, since @WilliamG really wanted to believe!🙂