Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, you guys are amazing!!!! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH 🙏 I didn't expect that amount of help! Okay apparently then the sill is the same, thankfully the yoke is also the same (I was afraid that once they introduced the airbag honk they would remove the yoke button or it but apparently they didn't). And those new tail lights look so amazing, damn it! I will give it a few weeks and get in touch with the local SC to ask if they can retrofit!

Wow, you guys are amazing!!!! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH 🙏 I didn't expect that amount of help! Okay apparently then the sill is the same, thankfully the yoke is also the same (I was afraid that once they introduced the airbag honk they would remove the yoke button or it but apparently they didn't). And those new tail lights look so amazing, damn it! I will give it a few weeks and get in touch with the local SC to ask if they can retrofit!
Glad we could help!😊

Well, it's all about me. But you can join in, I guess...

Also, black is a pita (my Model 3 was black), but on the Refresh 2.0, it looks pretty damn bad-ass.

View attachment 776126
That new ass is ass.
The old rear styling isn't bad. My problem was with all the clear/silver on the tail light, it really stood out in a black car in a bad way when rest of the car has black trims. I regretted ordering black when I saw the refresh S in person last summer but was too late to change color (unless I wanted to take the newer pricing).

TeslaSCompare.jpg

Last edited:
The old rear styling isn't bad. My problem was with all the clear/silver on the tail light, it really stood out in a black car in a bad way when rest of the car has black trims. I regretted ordering black when I saw the refresh S in person last summer but was too late to change color (unless I wanted to take the newer pricing).

View attachment 776163
Wrap it in something like a nardo gray and tint the lights. Will look dope.

Since the new headlights and whatnot started shipping I reactivated my order. Current ETA says June 03 - July 01. If it behaves like the last one, it'll shrink and move forward. Only time will tell :)
Yeah my 3/1 order just dated. 6/22-7/20. 😬 I guess Tesla’s idea of 4-8 weeks is different than mine! For them It’s 16-20 weeks, hah!

Thank you! Sadly, the reason for the purchase was both of our cars are just out of warranty...in fact, six weeks after warranty, my battery (on the white 2013) suffered a complete failure and Tesla said it would cost $12-$13k to refurbish....no way! So I've got 25 miles of battery left, and I'm trading it in on Friday.......:)
Trading in to Tesla? Out of curiosity, how much do they give you for a trade in with a battery pack that has 25 miles of range on it?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hey guys,

Iliya from TWRAPS here. I see Tesla is already delivering Model S with new door sills and new tail lights. If any of you got one of these and you are in the Bay Area (CA), please DM me if you are willing to meet so I can make models for the new door sills (for PPF and carbon fiber options) and tail lights (for tint). Obviously - you will get them for free too :)

Thanks!
New door sill?!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hey guys, long time caller, first time listener. I placed my order for a plaid Jan 27, got my vin sat Feb 26th. Was a 472 and confirmed to have old lights. I put a hold and unlinked the vin that day.

On the 27th (sun) I took off the hold and got a new vin yesterday still 472 but with the new lights (global/no radar/etc). Confirmed by SA. Delivery is still 3/2-3/6.

Edd didn’t change once even after the day long hold.

Not saying everyone take your holds off but I did and within 2 days got a 472 vin but with new build
Ok, let me try to find it if I can. Here's a 2022 model delivered in Jan to @IamGaryGnu:
a2b95976-1978-439d-b36f-11dd2b3ae3a8-jpeg.758165

If you look at the very bottom you can see the front of the seat control, not the lumbar. 😃
I feel famous! I am away, I’m happy to send photos of whatever you guys want this weekend. I may have some that have what you want, but I’m not optimistic. Meanwhile, here’s the worst photo ever from this week…
1646324106562.jpeg