Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the lighting. Not sure if you've posted/given a breakdown previously but could you share how you achieved that? Hoping to do something like that on my own Model S as well!

You can message me directly if its a lot for this thread!

Thanks!
Still working on the install and once done I'll detail parts list and everything needed for the install.

Where exactly are the lights? Under the trim? In place of the trim? Looks sharp. This is what true ambient lighting should look like in a $100k car. Doors being done too?
Would definitely look better if it were more molded in the parts rather than aftermarket. Sad they have the connectors for the lighting but never made the parts for it.

I'll take a close up of the install tomorrow so you can see it better. I don't have any on my phone, goproed the install of the dash eventually I'll get around to edit it and post. I still have a bunch to do.

Dash was easy. Pop off the trim and slide in the tubing snap it back in place. There's a nice gap on the sides for the LED heads that worked nicely. Wires are all tucked under the panels for the underside of the dash and run behind the wireless charging pad. I tapped into the wire running to the wireless charger for power.

Basically what you see in this picture is a light tube running just Infront of the lower part of the chrome in the dash and center console so blends in pretty well.

The doors are a different story. Watching some videos the trim comes off nicely so I'll likely run a few lights in the door panels. Finding a tap over there might be a different story though, with efuses might be a little more difficult finding a circuit that won't trip a warning. I'm sure there will be one that won't mind. Would be interesting to see what the voltage of the lighting connector that's under the trim is putting out or if it's even connected on the other end but a few weeks I'll find out :)

I admire your efforts to resolve this BS. I believe that once you receive your new car you will be very happy and you will forget this difficult process. Hang in there, De De.
Thanks for the support!!!! The frustrating thing is that we've been Tesla supporters since 2008/2009....we put down the $25k for the first signature (follow on Model S in 2013 and Model 3 in 2018)....we were all in....service for first few years was awesome, acknowledging our support and dedication to the vision and product (which we definitely had to be patient with in the beginning!)....but lately, I'm feeling a lot of push back....will always be a supporter of Tesla but really just hoping they come through for me on Saturday....fingers crossed.....

Thanks for the support!!!! The frustrating thing is that we've been Tesla supporters since 2008/2009....we put down the $25k for the first signature (follow on Model S in 2013 and Model 3 in 2018)....we were all in....service for first few years was awesome, acknowledging our support and dedication to the vision and product (which we definitely had to be patient with in the beginning!)....but lately, I'm feeling a lot of push back....will always be a supporter of Tesla but really just hoping they come through for me on Saturday....fingers crossed.....
If they do, you will LOVE the new S. Palladium (the new refresh) doesn't even feel like the same manufacturer inside!

Last edited:
You are ahead by paying for a tow to a mile near Tesla then driving your new S home vs some stranger driving both your new S, then driving you injured 2013 S in a way that sacrifices the deal by breaking down on the way back. So to me will do well..
Exactly!!!! I thought they would deliver my car on a tow (like they did with our signature nearly 10 years ago!) and then tow my trade-in back....If I knew ahead of time some random was going to be driving my car to me probably maxing it out on the way, I'd say Hell NO.....so I think this will work for the best....keep good vibes for me!!! It's been a rough few months.....

3F70DE30-D58D-4A58-9AAB-C1026F064AE9_1_201_a.jpeg

This pic is horrible quality but a friend invited me to a PUC event he was speaking at in SF and I happily attended just for the random opportunity to get a picture of him with my license plate :). This was in 2014.....This is how much I love Tesla and the vision of Elon....praying I don't get screwed over with the purchase of my 4th Tesla on Saturday (and 5th MS LR in June)....

View attachment 776442
This pic is horrible quality but a friend invited me to a PUC event he was speaking at in SF and I happily attended just for the random opportunity to get a picture of him with my license plate :). This was in 2014.....This is how much I love Tesla and the vision of Elon....praying I don't get screwed over with the purchase of my 4th Tesla on Saturday (and 5th MS LR in June)....
Woah that is amazing! 😃

View attachment 776442
At first glance I thought the plate meant you were, Elon's Mrs. TESLA... 🤣

Windows tinted (35% sides and 18% rear), trunk spoiler added, 21” “flow forged” wheels from Lou at getyourwheels.com. (TMC Vendor). Custom offset. Stock tire size up front, 295/35 out back. Michelin Pilot Sport 4s.
2022 LR build date 02/2022

View attachment 776445
Which spoiler? Why did you change the rear from stock size?

Looks sweet but those lights are so early 2022:p

Which spoiler?

Looks sweet but those lights are so early 2022:p
$105 from eBay. Carbon fiber (look). Ordered it months ago while waiting for the car
Rear pilot 4S in 295/30 were on ~ 4 week back order. 35 ratio were in stock and not significant difference between the 30/35. Per Waze GPS, I’m 1mph off at 79mph (have not tested speedometer to Waze at higher speeds yet).

Last edited: