Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Likely negligible from just widening the rear tires, but the rear spoiler will add drag and effect range.
Actually, the increased rolling and air resistance to the wider tires will impact range far more than that little spoiler. The spoiler is in the general shape of the car, so it'll have a negligible effect.😃

I hate to say this.....but I doubt all of us are getting our cars at EOQ with the lack of VINs currently coming out. Lot of disappointed TMCers in the near future
Agree, when I decided to put my order on hold, I figured 2 weeks was more than enough to secure the new headlights but looks like things are still rolling at a snails pace so now I don't know.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I would not be so certain. EoQ hell is not a one time thing for Tesla. It is a quarterly experience.

I'm in agreement. EoQ is definitely a quarterly experience.

Gotta say, I'm still pretty surprised Tesla says 4-8 weeks... I get the impression it's going to be a lot longer than that. Mine is 16-20 weeks. Sure, it could change... but...

I'm in agreement. EoQ is definitely a quarterly experience.

Gotta say, I'm still pretty surprised Tesla says 4-8 weeks... I get the impression it's going to be a lot longer than that. Mine is 16-20 weeks. Sure, it could change... but...
The intention there was more so to be "EoQ hell" is not just a one time thing for Tesla (December or new vehicle ramp up). Looking back, I did not land that in the messaging.

Anyone knows if Tesla builds for international orders at the same time as domestic orders? Or do they do both in cycles?
They normally build for international separately at the beginning of a quarter. But they haven't made any international S/X in a long time. (But maybe they will soon now that they have the new taillights with the larger charge port to allow the CCS2 inlet to fit.)

Exactly!!!! I thought they would deliver my car on a tow (like they did with our signature nearly 10 years ago!) and then tow my trade-in back....If I knew ahead of time some random was going to be driving my car to me probably maxing it out on the way, I'd say Hell NO.....so I think this will work for the best....keep good vibes for me!!! It's been a rough few months.....
Ok....so now Tesla is really testing me....Supposed to take delivery tomorrow morning....paid for the car yesterday which also included the value of my trade-in $16,900 with the 21 miles of range...out of the blue today I get a notice on my app to pay an additional $16,900!!! They are basically reneging on the trade-in and giving me $0....not a phone call, not a text, nor an email....just a notice on the app to pay the remaining balance or else my delivery may be delayed.....No replies to my text....I called the 888 number and discussed this with the rep and she was going to contact the trade in team to figure out what was going on....that was nearly 4 hours ago and NOTHING.....This is just unbelievable.......Gruber Motors will give me $10k and use it for scrap parts, but that just kinda makes me sad.....

Ok....so now Tesla is really testing me....Supposed to take delivery tomorrow morning....paid for the car yesterday which also included the value of my trade-in $16,900 with the 21 miles of range...out of the blue today I get a notice on my app to pay an additional $16,900!!! They are basically reneging on the trade-in and giving me $0....not a phone call, not a text, nor an email....just a notice on the app to pay the remaining balance or else my delivery may be delayed.....No replies to my text....I called the 888 number and discussed this with the rep and she was going to contact the trade in team to figure out what was going on....that was nearly 4 hours ago and NOTHING.....This is just unbelievable.......Gruber Motors will give me $10k and use it for scrap parts, but that just kinda makes me sad.....
Sounds like it's time to get MR TSLA on the phone! You did get his number right?
All joking aside that's really really frustrating. Sorry you are going through this :(

I have not followed this too closely but I believe you have an older MS that no longer takes a charge. I saw on YouTube that someone was able to charge a Model S by towing it, using regen. Maybe hook it up to an ICE vehicle and tow it around the block to see if you can get that charge up a bit. Then drive it in to pick up you car, and leave it as the trade-in.

I have not followed this too closely but I believe you have an older MS that no longer takes a charge. I saw on YouTube that someone was able to charge a Model S by towing it, using regen. Maybe hook it up to an ICE vehicle and tow it around the block to see if you can get that charge up a bit. Then drive it in to pick up you car, and leave it as the trade-in.
It's a fault in the battery....not the charging (which I had to have replaced in November for $1200!)....I'm just so frustrated because the numerous times I talked with them, all they told me was it had to be operating when I dropped it off....(I had been panicking since I thought the battery might go all the way to zero, but it's holding steady at 21)....had planned to two it within a mile of the service center and drop it off when I picked up the new one tomorrow....

Hi. Nice looking car. May I ask what is the mile range after the rim change?

Windows tinted (35% sides and 18% rear), trunk spoiler added, 21” “flow forged” wheels from Lou at getyourwheels.com. (TMC Vendor). Custom offset. Stock tire size up front, 295/35 out back. Michelin Pilot Sport 4s.
2022 LR build date 02/2022

View attachment 776445
Are Those Wheels the

Ace Alloy AFF02 Full Brushed Clear?​