Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, first time posting here. Here's an interesting story:

I took delivery of my Plaid on Saturday afternoon.

On Monday afternoon, I parked my car at a restaurant to run in and grab some food. When I left 3 minutes later, the car wouldn't start. Was throwing a bunch of error codes very similar to this: Brand New Tesla Model S Plaid Breaks Down: Report

Was expecting an issue similar to what the guy in the article had but I just got a message from Tesla service saying they have to replace the drive unit. No timeframe on how long it will take.

So ya, not super thrilled.

I drove the car hard but I have to imagine not any harder than most people who drive this car for the first time.

Not sure what to think now.

My EDD was Mar 8 - Mar 22, but today it was bumped to Mar 12 - Mar 22. I am in the bay area and just got a call from Tesla asking about trade-in. I wonder whether this means I will get a VIN matched soon? Moreover, for an LR, I think I should be safe to receive a refreshed refresh?
Same thing happened to me. My EDD was 3/4 - 3/14. Got a call asking if I wanted to trade in a vehicle. Wasn’t planning on it but gave the Tesla rep the info on my current vehicle. The next day my EDD changed to July. ☹️🤔

Reactions: EndlessPlaid