Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I'm getting closer to my EDD I texted a query to Tesla asking for build date and confirmation of the new lights today.

My assigned vin is 4727xx EDD March 16 - 20 in Dallas.

Their answer was terrible. "We can confirm the vehicle was built in February 2022".

Absent asking again to the same text, might I have any better luck going to my local gallery store and asking? Can they look it up?
If you have a VIN assigned they can tell you exactly the date and time your car was "born".

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Woke up with a VIN for my Blue/White LR - 474XXX. So excited!
My delivery appointment is set for Mar 13, Sunday. But since DCU is closed over the weekend, I can't get my loan check delivered until Tuesday :(
Does anyone know if Tesla will delay the appointment for a few days or is there any other alternative like switching to Tesla financing? Any suggestions will be helpful.

Awesome! Yeah a visit would be good I think.😃

Ok, an update from the store.

William was friendly and helpful, but struggled a bit looking for the gate date and headlight code. He did say the birthdate was March 3 though, positively. That date seems to be right when I released the hold and got notified of the VIN. As of today, the EDD is still the same. 3/16 - 3/20.

So far, this is what I had:

Plaid ordered Jan 8.
Received a VIN Jan 26.
Placed my order on up to 30 day hold Jan 30. (Tesla said "up to 30 days").
Didn't hear from Tesla before I released the hold on March 3.
The next day a VIN was assigned 4727xx EDD March 16 - 20 in Dallas.
They withdrew the money for the car overnight 3/11.

I note it's freezing and windy here today, so I didn't expect to see many people out. It's late for this weather in the area. The store was staffed by 4 people, all of whom were with customers. No cars on the floor, which is like it's been over a year now.