Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 779640I’m going to miss this monster. Only 1 of 10 in the US with this color, it was a German executive demo before I bought it’ ‘new’ with 7,000 miles when it came back to the US.
Nice! My first BMW X3MC. It is currently our only vehicle while we wait for the S. Love it.

Attachments

• IMG_1376.jpg
    IMG_1376.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 103
Very nice, just don’t pull in the garage with the bike on top. I had a X3M as a loaner, thought it was the small/cheaper brother, but it was awesome to drive and the sounds it made where even better.

Yes I have to constantly chant "don't pull in the garage, don't pull in the garage" as I am driving home.

Yeah I was against the "X3" stigma of it being a bit of a girly car and smaller but after driving it, I was sold. It is an absolute monster, fast, handles great for an SUV. Sounds awesome even though it is not a V8. The straight 6 they created for this platform is nothing short of amazing.

Cannot wait for the S and I am so happy that it is even faster than the BMW.

Yes I have to constantly chant "don't pull in the garage, don't pull in the garage" as I am driving home.

Yeah I was against the "X3" stigma of it being a bit of a girly car and smaller but after driving it, I was sold. It is an absolute monster, fast, handles great for an SUV. Sounds awesome even though it is not a V8. The straight 6 they created for this platform is nothing short of amazing.

Cannot wait for the S and I am so happy that it is even faster than the BMW.
Your S will blow the X3 out of the water no doubt! The Dual Motor S is as fast as an M5CS, or a Taycan Turbo S after 60 mph.

Your S will blow the X3 out of the water no doubt! The Dual Motor S is as fast as an M5CS, or a Taycan Turbo S after 60 mph.

Yeah at altitude here in Denver the stock X3MC will run a 11.7ish @~117. I expect the LR S to run a 10.8ish @123 ish I think...is what I have seen. The best part about electric here is we do not have the air density issue as we do with the ICE engines...Electric gives us Full power at all altitudes :)

Yeah, but the sounds it makes and all the trips to the gas station to fill it up with $4-$5 premium gas will be missed. I kept my BMW longer than any other daily driver I have ever owned. The customer service and attention to detail is awesome. Tesla could really learn something by mirroring their service dept.

Yeah at altitude here in Denver the stock X3MC will run a 11.7ish @~117. I expect the LR S to run a 10.8ish @123 ish I think...is what I have seen. The best part about electric here is we do not have the air density issue as we do with the ICE engines...Electric gives us Full power at all altitudes :)
You're right on the ET, but the DM is a 130 mph trap car! It actually traps exactly what a Turbo S Taycan traps.

Yeah, but the sounds it makes and all the trips to the gas station to fill it up with $4-$5 premium gas with be missed. I kept my BMW longer than any other daily driver I have ever owned. The customer service and attention to detail is awesome. Tesla could really learn something by mirroring their service dept.
Yeah BMW makes you feel king. Especially if find a proper dealership. YMMV, but I do find not having to go to a dealership a luxury too though.

Reactions: DukeofURL
Yeah, but the sounds it makes and all the trips to the gas station to fill it up with $4-$5 premium gas with be missed. I kept my BMW longer than any other daily driver I have ever owned. The customer service and attention to detail is awesome. Tesla could really learn something by mirroring their service dept.
haha yeah the filling up part is not something I will miss, it is constant. The sounds, paddle shifts, more engaging driving experience is what I expect to miss the most. For sure the BMW service level is better than most but I will say it is not flawless.. Tesla no doubt has a lot to learn and i fully expect to be let down at some point here in the first 6 months of ownership whenever that starts..

haha yeah the filling up part is not something I will miss, it is constant. The sounds, paddle shifts, more engaging driving experience is what I expect to miss the most. For sure the BMW service level is better than most but I will say it is not flawless.. Tesla no doubt has a lot to learn and i fully expect to be let down at some point here in the first 6 months of ownership whenever that starts..
Hopefully you won't be let down...I'm one of the minority that hasn't. In fact the last time I felt my blood boil was at a Porsche dealer in Orange County that I had to fight to get a loaner car from, didn't want to replace my recalled motor mounts and then told me to take the car where I bought it. I asked, what does that mean? Into the showroom because it came from here. This was with a 992 C4S.

To date, all my Tesla service interactions have been perfectly fine. Some have taken longer than I'd like, but I think that's more the nature of supply chain disruption than being Tesla's fault directly. But overall the service has been perfectly fine.