Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The whole DCU thing is still a tad confusing. Hopefully someone types up a how-to to explain start to finish how to do it and get the best rate.
It's easy. Donate to one of the orgs, sign up to DCU, apply for loan (assume you have a VIN at this point and a real car coming), get approved, call DCU wait on hold for 2 hours, they finalize it and ask if you want to direct deposit your paycheck to get 0.5% off your rate (down to 1.24%), they send a check to you or Tesla.

This deal was even sweeter last year when I bought my MYP because Tesla Finance used to match finance rates. Tesla matched the 1.24% and I didn't have to do the whole direct deposit thing.

It's easy. Donate to one of the orgs, sign up to DCU, apply for loan (assume you have a VIN at this point and a real car coming), get approved, call DCU wait on hold for 2 hours, they finalize it and ask if you want to direct deposit your paycheck to get 0.5% off your rate (down to 1.24%), they send a check to you or Tesla.

This deal was even sweeter last year when I bought my MYP because Tesla Finance used to match finance rates. Tesla matched the 1.24% and I didn't have to do the whole direct deposit thing.
Thanks for the info. The direct deposit thing is still throwing me a bit. Can I not just move money to my DCU checking account manually, or does it HAVE TO be direct deposit from a paycheck to qualify for the extra 0.5%?

Basically, is there any easier way to quality for the 0.5% extra?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Thanks for the info. The direct deposit thing is still throwing me a bit. Can I not just move money to my DCU checking account manually, or does it HAVE TO be direct deposit from a paycheck to qualify for the extra 0.5%?

The .25 discount is the EV discount, you don't need DD for that, you do need to DD for the the extras .50 discount. They want to you use your checking for as your main account. So you do need to direct depot, I've gotten different answers from DCU on this, some say they want you to DD your paycheck while others say you don't have to deposit your whole check.

I think it needs to be a direct deposit, but not sure. Some say that they are able to just transfer the monthly payment amount via direct deposit and pay the car loan from that account. I am going to try that.

The .25 discount is the EV discount, you don't need DD for that, you do need to DD for the the extras .50 discount. They want to you use your checking for as your main account. So you do need to direct depot, I've gotten different answers from DCU on this, some say they want you to DD your paycheck while others say you don't have to deposit your whole check.
They don’t know how much you make. Just deposit enough to cover the payments.

Ok, an update from the store.

William was friendly and helpful, but struggled a bit looking for the gate date and headlight code. He did say the birthdate was March 3 though, positively. That date seems to be right when I released the hold and got notified of the VIN. As of today, the EDD is still the same. 3/16 - 3/20.

So far, this is what I had:

Plaid ordered Jan 8.
Received a VIN Jan 26.
Placed my order on up to 30 day hold Jan 30. (Tesla said "up to 30 days").
Didn't hear from Tesla before I released the hold on March 3.
The next day a VIN was assigned 4727xx EDD March 16 - 20 in Dallas.
They withdrew the money for the car overnight 3/11.

I note it's freezing and windy here today, so I didn't expect to see many people out. It's late for this weather in the area. The store was staffed by 4 people, all of whom were with customers. No cars on the floor, which is like it's been over a year now.
This morning I received a request to schedule my delivery, first date was 3/22, so I picked that one. It says the appointment could move up or back still.

just spotted this one at the delivery center in Smithtown, NY

Attachments

• 538623F8-1054-445A-9A2C-93A85FC8BD5B.jpeg
    538623F8-1054-445A-9A2C-93A85FC8BD5B.jpeg
    725.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 2A9CEADA-E20A-4256-9060-6E0A0DD10018.jpeg
    2A9CEADA-E20A-4256-9060-6E0A0DD10018.jpeg
    517 KB · Views: 90
  • 2D101916-C0A6-465F-8A24-BDC3E848E535.jpeg
    2D101916-C0A6-465F-8A24-BDC3E848E535.jpeg
    762.3 KB · Views: 95
Right, it’s 1.74% before the direct deposit or… whatever it is. Need to figure that part out. I’ll probably need to call them. Thanks.
I think it needs to be a direct deposit, but not sure. Some say that they are able to just transfer the monthly payment amount via direct deposit and pay the car loan from that account. I am going to try that.
Let us know how you get on with that. Will be helpful for all of us!

Right, it’s 1.74% before the direct deposit or… whatever it is. Need to figure that part out. I’ll probably need to call them. Thanks.

Let us know how you get on with that. Will be helpful for all of us!
They will tell you set set up a checking with enough to make a donation to one of their organizations, and pull that out. I think it was $25 for mine, $30 total to keep a $5 balance.