Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When and what model did you order?
Placed custom order December 12. They tried to assign VIN from existing inventor and rejected it. Next went to pick up on 2/5 but had summer tires so they put on hold until 3/15. Texted SC on Tuesday 3/8 to remove hold and received VIN this morning (Model S Plaid Red/White int, 19, FSD)

Curious question - Any of you bought the S because of wife deterrent steering wheel?
My wife asked “how I liked her new car”. I said it doesn’t have a steering wheel. She then went on to something else. I don’t think she has even looked at it yet. She does want more than the 150 mile range the M3P gets at 90% charge in the winter.

My wife asked “how I liked her new car”. I said it doesn’t have a steering wheel. She then went on to something else. I don’t think she has even looked at it yet. She does want more than the 150 mile range the M3P gets at 90% charge in the winter.
Ha. My wife knows this is my car, but just the thought of her driving it scares me. The yoke should keep her far and far away from wanting to drive it.

Yeah a 471 series is almost certainly the prior light Model S.
Oh man that's a bummer. I definitely want the new updates. Is there anyway for me to ask Tesla to confirm if it's the updated version? And if not what's the best way for rejecting delivery? I see I can cancel my order online, so I assume I would just have to place a brand new order after cancelling.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Oh man that's a bummer. I definitely want the new updates. Is there anyway for me to ask Tesla to confirm if it's the updated version? And if not what's the best way for rejecting delivery? I see I can cancel my order online, so I assume I would just have to place a brand new order after cancelling.
As far as asking, you can ask if the car has the "global" headlights label, or the "premium" prefix. Premium is the prior version.
Also, ask them if the car has radar or not. If it doesn't, it likely has the new lights.

• Helpful
Reactions: Gandalf0
I was able to put my Plaid order on a 30 day hold after receiving the VIN before the refresh started showing up. After they did I released the hold and had a new VIN the next day, which by all accounts is refreshed. I didn't have to cancel my order.

Just thought I did not need to see more photos… I thought this was a nice angle showing the new headlights.

Photo credit: Justin Logan

5A8B9B06-17A1-4FEC-A883-654578895AAB.jpeg