Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FCEFA3E5-94D8-4610-B29A-920F780CA8A5.jpeg

Drivers display screen when the car is off. Notice it does not have front plate?
Also, image shows the new lights.

That’s where I’m hoping the ppf will help, reduce or eliminate spider webbing
I've owned my Titanium ppfed MS for 6 years. 125K miles of mostly highway driving. No rock chips on the front. No side scrapes. No swirl marks. And...confession time...I haven't always hand washed. In fact, I've been through automatic car wash brush hell more times than I care to admit, especially in the last couple of years. Even after that torture, a couple hours in the sun and the ppf magically heals.

Is it 100% showroom condition? No, but I'd call it 90%. It still gleams in the sun or under the neon lights of the parking garage. Ppf is not cheap. But, I wouldn't have another high end vehicle without it.

I've owned my Titanium ppfed MS for 6 years. 125K miles of mostly highway driving. No rock chips on the front. No side scrapes. No swirl marks. And...confession time...I haven't always hand washed. In fact, I've been through automatic car wash brush hell more times than I care to admit, especially in the last couple of years. Even after that torture, a couple hours in the sun and the ppf magically heals.

Is it 100% showroom condition? No, but I'd call it 90%. It still gleams in the sun or under the neon lights of the parking garage. Ppf is not cheap. But, I wouldn't have another high end vehicle without it.
That’s fantastic to hear!

So of course I entered my 2 week edd window today (March 13-26) and open my app to find my Tesla financing had expired 🤦‍♂️.

I'm surprised I didn't get any warning or heads up that it was expiring. I re-applied and the application is pending but I'm really hoping this doesn't cause any kind of further delay.

Well the credit app approved again after about 2 hours and my VIN was just assigned! NF4738 with dates of March 15-19. Not able to schedule yet.

They absolutely should. @Greentheonly posted this:

Nice. Wish the whole animation was there. The hinge looks really interesting on that charge port. (NEW HINGE CONFIMED!?). It doesn't look like it behaved like the Model 3/Y which is a singular motion. One video someone posted a while ago made it look like it does some funky movement, but I'll want to confirm...

In fact, messaged a buddy to send me another video! :D

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Anyone who has gotten PPF on a black model s, does it in any way ruin the look of the car? Is the wrap extremely noticeable? I really like the shiny black and am a bit worried the wrap would dull the look.

Initially I wasn’t interested in getting the wrap was just going to go with opticoat, but I really want to keep the car looking as good as possible for as long as possible.
The PPF (with ceramic coating on top of that) made my car extra glossy! My dad looked at my car and commented that the paint looked "an inch thick!"

img_6658 2 small.jpg

Nice. Wish the whole animation was there. The hinge looks really interesting on that charge port. (NEW HINGE CONFIMED!?). It doesn't look like it behaved like the Model 3/Y which is a singular motion. One video someone posted a while ago made it look like it does some funky movement, but I'll want to confirm...

In fact, messaged a buddy to send me another video! :D

That was the hinge I was talking about when you guys said I was talking silly.

The car is missing floor mats, trunk cover, side trunk cover and top trunk cover. Also do we have a cup holder?
Yes, under the sliding center console door.

Also, yes that charging door hinge is certainly more advanced than the 3/Y. My friend sent me a video - when it folds in, the leading edge (left side when looking at it head on) moves in last after the hinge folds down. Interesting design…

The PPF (with ceramic coating on top of that) made my car extra glossy! My dad looked at my car and commented that the paint looked "an inch thick!"

View attachment 780470
Nice! Those 19" wheels without the aero covers actually look pretty great with the black paint, especially with those black centre caps and lug covers (this is what I'll be using on my Plaid for my winter setup). I hope I don't miss my black paint too much. It looks so sweet when it's clean and shiny but gets dirty so quickly, especially up here in Canada. I'm going red this time with my plaid and am trying to find some mud flaps in hopes that I can keep it looking cleaner longer.

@phecda Beautiful clear shot of the refresh 2.0 rear end! Love that diffuse glow on those new tail lights! How was your charging session? It looks like you had a low SoC so you should have been getting a good charge rate. I'm looking forward to trying my first level 3 supercharger with the new Plaid. My 75D can only go a touch over 100KW, which rarely happened...mind you the old S had free unlimited supercharging and the new supercharging rates are astronomical, so that sort of takes the fun out of it a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid