Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you, @EndlessPlaid! Of course it is okay. ♥️
Ok then. I'll tell ya, what Sawyer does cannot be easy. He's almost had very minor breakdowns from it. Think about how hard it is to constantly be on full alert, and trying to keep track of 30+ news sites at once, not to mention the expense. He's mentioned that he barely makes anything from his account ($20\month), and his monthly subscriptions exceed $250\month. Not that he isn't doing well (he has other investments, etc..) but it's still really important to keep in mind. He's one of the most true, dedicated individuals I know of in the Tesla community. :)

And thank you jebinc! Always appreciate your support.😃

Last edited:
Update: GOT MY VIN!!! 5YJSA1E58NF4735XX

Assuming my car has the latest headlights and taillights? Also, what’s the final status of the spoiler/ bar at the trunk. Is it body colored or black? I hope it’s black!
Congratulations @dmtheone! 🥳

Yup what @WilliamG said. 4735 is well into the new lights.
Hello all, so I had my home delivery scheduled for tomorrow between 12-4 pm. My assistant told me this am that I need to fly for a work event tomorrow am VS Thursday am as I had previously thought. So contacted Tesla to see if this can be changed; more importantly I wanted to do a pick up vs have it delivered to me. So a lady on the phone at Tesla, graciously helped me secure a pick up directly from the Fremont Factory At 10 am. So excited! So friends on here who have experience picking up the car at Fremont, what are some suggestions, do’s and don’ts you would recommend? I will take a brief checklist to go over the car but any suggestions/ advice are welcome. 🤗

I mean…if people didn’t order at $94k and previous prices mostly because of “price”, I would think that the influx of new orders will decrease a bit giving Tesla a little of room to handle orders while still making it worth money wise.

Most def the cheaper models (3-Y) will keep seeing crazy demand from people switching from ICE cars and still thinking about getting in a compact now $50k car.

Let alone a $100k car market is already another ball park. This $100k club is not worried about gas prices or anything like that. $100k can get you a techy Model S or a RAM TRX pick up truck (the worst example that I can think about gas), after that plenty of options. Most likely the driver will be happy on either or. 😁
I picked my June 2021 MS order up last week for the order price. Up until now, if it’s the same car Tesla will honor. I understand why they did not honor the major refresh updates. I.e. MS 2.0, I did receive a MS 2.0 with the updates. This car is worth every penny I paid, and the market says it’s worth $20k more than I paid.

Hello all, so I had my home delivery scheduled for tomorrow between 12-4 pm. My assistant told me this am that I need to fly for a work event tomorrow am VS Thursday am as I had previously thought. So contacted Tesla to see if this can be changed; more importantly I wanted to do a pick up vs have it delivered to me. So a lady on the phone at Tesla, graciously helped me secure a pick up directly from the Fremont Factory At 10 am. So excited! So friends on here who have experience picking up the car at Fremont, what are some suggestions, do’s and don’ts you would recommend? I will take a brief checklist to go over the car but any suggestions/ advice are welcome. 🤗
Do go pick up your car. Don’t overthink it.

Ok then. I'll tell ya, what Sawyer does cannot be easy. He's almost had very minor breakdowns from it. Think about how hard it is to constantly be on full alert, and trying to keep track of 30+ news sites at once, not to mention the expense. He's mentioned that he barely makes anything from his account ($20\month), and his monthly subscriptions exceed $250\month. He's one of the most true, dedicated individuals I know of in the Tesla community. :)

And thank you jebinc! Always appreciate your support.😃
I don't have any issue with Sawyer, as we once discussed. Now, Mars.... :)

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
So,
No. They won’t touch that as they all are hiding out in the open by calling the vibration normal. My PoS is in for electrical faults, steering assist loss and drive failure. A real PoS this car is. Who wants to buy it?

View attachment 781242View attachment 781243View attachment 781244View attachment 781246View attachment 781245View attachment 781247

BREAKING: So, I just received a VM from Telsa, re all of this Tesla nonsense...

tl;dr "We couldn't reproduce all these errors that occurred at different times. Our new thinking is not to change out the PCS (since we still don't have it), but rather want to return the PoS to you for continued monitoring. " - Stooge that left the message

Previously, I told them I have long trips planned and want comfort knowing I would not break down, and yet they say this.... The stooge who left the vm also said they test drove the car extensively and couldn't get the errors to appear and also they found no vibration!

I sent them my TelsaMate data logs (attached so yo can form your own opinions) and called BS on that and asked for my buyback case to be reopened. once around the block on March 4th! What BS.

Buyers beware!

1647380304579.png
48334DAC-382A-45A6-BDA8-C6C7B59C5DE3.png

1647380557899.png

Last edited:
So,

tl;dr "We couldn't reproduce all these errors that occurred at different times. Our new thinking is not to change out the PCS (since we still don't have it), but rather want to return the PoS to you for continued monitoring. " - Stooge that left the message

Previously, I told them I have long trips planned and want comfort knowing I would not break down, and yet they say this.... The stooge who left the vm also said they test drove the car extensively and couldn't get the errors to appear and also they found no vibration!

I sent them my TelsaMate data logs (attached so yo can form your own opinions) and called BS on that and asked for my buyback case to be reopened. once around the block on March 4th! What BS.

Buyers beware!

View attachment 781433View attachment 781434

View attachment 781435
I so want to thumbs down this, but I know that's not the appropriate use of thumbs down. It just sucks.

I so want to thumbs down this, but I know that's not the appropriate use of thumbs down. It just sucks.

It depends the reason for the downvote. Is it at Tesla's response or at @jebinc doing this just to get the charge port and beautifully crafted and expensive looking rear bar of mush?

Also, like Beetlejuice, if you say "thumbs down" three times in one post @glide will appear.

You know what is really sad? I don't know a single person who has a new Model S without some form of issues. This harks back to the early Model 3 days. This car is a really, really fast not-ready-for-public-consumption automobile. Be prepared to see service at least sometime in the first few months, unless you're really, really lucky.
Ok @Tigers 😝

So,

Buyers beware!

View attachment 781433View attachment 781434

View attachment 781435
Common. I see a 9 minute drive in there. That's plenty to see there's no vibration and it is all in your head lmao 🤣😂 ... Damn lemon cars.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
You know what is really sad? I don't know a single person who has a new Model S without some form of issues. This harks back to the early Model 3 days. This car is a really, really fast not-ready-for-public-consumption automobile. Be prepared to see service at least sometime in the first few months, unless you're really, really lucky.
I can attest to that lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220315-181741.png
    Screenshot_20220315-181741.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20220315-181811.png
    Screenshot_20220315-181811.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 44
It depends the reason for the downvote. Is it at Tesla's response or at @jebinc doing this just to get the charge port and beautifully crafted and expensive looking rear bar of mush?

Also, like Beetlejuice, if you say "thumbs down" three times in one post @glide will appear.
Well that's the thing, it's not a "downvote" I'm going for here. It's a thumbs down to the situation. But I give a hearty thumbs up to having Tesla buy @jebinc him a new car. Then he can get those taillights he's been pining for.

I'm over 18.000 (will be at 20,000 by ned of month) miles now and the car is fine. My console door broke very early on, but I'm not sure my window tint guy wasn't at fault there. Then there was a front suspension issue that was repaired. Otherwise the car has been fine. Yes, it had two times in service. But over 18,000 miles I don't find that bad at all...in fact it's much, MUCH better than some German vehicles I've had in recent years.

What say you @Hayseed_MS ? You still piling on miles? Are you closely acquainted with your local service advisor?