Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe this is old news but I had been assuming that the reason there is no ANC showing on my 3/2022 built Model S is the firmware was behind the date when ANC was released. It's not! It's well after that. I have version 2021.43.202 the initial ANC release was 2021.40.5 back in early November. ANC is explicitly removed from the same release notes found on earlier built cars that have it in their release notes.

I also noticed this consistent delay of getting new firmware on new cars.

I think I know what's going on. It's CHIP Shortages !!!

So they switch to a new chip, don't have time to rewrite software and pull that feature from software and ship it.

So we are stuck in the "Virtual Field" waiting for software to be written (again).

This may or may not be related to Refresh 1.0 vs 2.0 because I know others with Refresh 1.0 that don't have ANC either.

These cars could be different (way more than usual) every few months with every one having different chips and may be a nightmare to support consistently. Handling chips going obsolete is normal and they have the means of supporting that. But to this level it could get extremely complex to support (partly because it's hard to test every configuration).

This could be the worst time to buy a Tesla. Is Refresh 2.0 gonna be "stable" or are we in the middle of many more chip supply issues to come?

It could be a long wait for ANC or normal updates for many cars. Hopefully there is a chip in there to program.

I've been thinking I just need to get the latest update. No, I need to wait for them to write the code for my (different) car and then get that update.
I’m wondering the same, I just finally got my first update today from 2021.43.201 to 2022.8.2, and I was expecting to see the ARNR option finally show up, but nope. Still no ARNR… so something is amiss for sure.

See post 673. Courtesy of @omarsultan

Aw! That's too bad. I wonder if Taillights are the same story.

Edit: On second thought, probably the same story. Because of the chargeport being different.

So it turns out they repainted my drivers side rear fender. I probably never would have known if they didn’t leave polish spatter on the inside of the rear passenger door. Then I notice the rear triangle window was really dirty. Then while cleaning that I notice tape residue on the trim from taping it off.

What gets me is the car was supposedly being detailed and charged Wednesday. Turns out I had the day off Friday and thought I would check it out before delivery scheduled for Saturday and possibly pick it up early. I get there and I ask if I can see it. He says no, those are the rules. It was early morning and asked if I could pick it up that night. He checks schedule and he says today looks better than Saturday (which was gonna pour).

He goes away for 20 minutes. Comes back and says, let’s leave it on Saturday. I said Fine.

Now I know why. It was in the F’n body shop being painted. What gets me the most is being flat out lied too. Even if it was fixed perfectly I hate being lied straight to my face.

And the fact the body shop didn’t bother to avoid polish spatter on the inside or bother to clean it up. If your gonna hide that you painted it, why stop at leaving obvious evidence that you did. So a careless moron painted my car.

Peabody MA SC.
Or it was just polished…

Maybe this is old news but I had been assuming that the reason there is no ANC showing on my 3/2022 built Model S is the firmware was behind the date when ANC was released. It's not! It's well after that. I have version 2021.43.202 the initial ANC release was 2021.40.5 back in early November. ANC is explicitly removed from the same release notes found on earlier built cars that have it in their release notes.

I also noticed this consistent delay of getting new firmware on new cars.

I think I know what's going on. It's CHIP Shortages !!!

So they switch to a new chip, don't have time to rewrite software and pull that feature from software and ship it.

So we are stuck in the "Virtual Field" waiting for software to be written (again).

This may or may not be related to Refresh 1.0 vs 2.0 because I know others with Refresh 1.0 that don't have ANC either.

These cars could be different (way more than usual) every few months with every one having different chips and may be a nightmare to support consistently. Handling chips going obsolete is normal and they have the means of supporting that. But to this level it could get extremely complex to support (partly because it's hard to test every configuration).

This could be the worst time to buy a Tesla. Is Refresh 2.0 gonna be "stable" or are we in the middle of many more chip supply issues to come?

It could be a long wait for ANC or normal updates for many cars. Hopefully there is a chip in there to program.

I've been thinking I just need to get the latest update. No, I need to wait for them to write the code for my (different) car and then get that update.

Regarding firmware lags in new deliveries. Cars sometimes leave the plant in ‘factory’ mode which disables update. From wife’s MYP service record:

Concern: Customer states: Update - Currently several revisions behind....​

Upon inspection found that the vehicle is still on islanded factory release software. Vehicle will join fleet wide update schedule in near future.​

Service center needs to ‘release it from the island’.

Or it was just polished…
I can tell it was painted.

I can see and feel a paint line as it transitions into the trunk and no paint line on the other side, it’s silky smooth to the touch. Lots of little signs.

Don’t think they would masked off the window to buff out a scuff either. They buffed the whole fender after they repainted the whole fender.

What I don’t know for sure is if it was repainted at SC or factory. But the fact they would not let me look or move appointment all fit that they were working on it when I dropped by. Also don’t know what the damage was or where it happened.

They are usually happy to get them out early. Especially before a weekend.

Folks often blame Tesla QC. A ton of the damages are during transportation.

I’ve chosen to not repaint a fender that got scratched because repainting it does more harm than the scratch. I should have been given a choice of what to do. Including rejecting, having them fix it or leaving it.

Regarding firmware lags in new deliveries. Cars sometimes leave the plant in ‘factory’ mode which disables update. From wife’s MYP service record:

Upon inspection found that the vehicle is still on islanded factory release software. Vehicle will join fleet wide update schedule in near future.​

That’s another way of saying. You’ll get updated when we port the code to the chips in your car

See @sandman1330 post above. He got a fairly recent release and still no ANC.

They never had “islands” before. This is all new because of frequent significant design changes. Due to chip shortages.

We are all getting different software with different features supported at different times. All depending on which chips we got.

I’m wondering the same, I just finally got my first update today from 2021.43.201 to 2022.8.2, and I was expecting to see the ARNR option finally show up, but nope. Still no ARNR… so something is amiss for sure.
Where are you looking for it? It is in the audio settings under options.

Got it on Friday last week. Sat in the garage until today. Finally had a chance to take it out.

Car was flawless at delivery - no gap issues, no trim issues, no other noticeable qc issues.

Love the interior. It’s great but detail, surfaces, etc def not on par with Benz and the big Audi’s (I am not a BMW interior fan).

Driving it is F&$&ing amazing. I love this car.

View attachment 784675
Yay a good story! But holy moly that front license place has to go, that's so ugly 😱 first time seeing this angle lol

People really need to, you learn so much just from this thread alone 🤣 I love it congrats on the new toy!

BTW, how helpful/annoyed are the people when you go through the car thoroughly? I feel you shouldn't have to for a $100k car.... Qualith control should really catch some of that nasty gap stuff.
Christian was very happy to help me go over everything. There was no rush, and the two paint things he first tried to get the rub off with a cloth and wax, and when that didn't work, checked inside and they said they'd do both right then. He did not rush me and it was well after all that that I mentioned I'd probably accept the car. He had almost forgotten. I think it helped that I was already there with my trade when he came up to me and went to get the car. I noticed there were lots of deliveries getting prepped, all backed in with nice hand written tent signs on the dashes and balloons on each of them.

My car seems to be "stranded" on the same island as yours! I've had it 3 weeks, and still no updates, and no ARNR. My Service Center told me the same thing about the island... "... a 3-hour tour, a 3-hour tour..." (old Gilligan's Island reference for us old people)...

Got a useless information to share, but it was just one of those things I was curious about.

The outer matrix light (right one in photo) actually acts as both high beam and low beam. All 4 matrix lights are on when headlight is turned on. Also, turning the wheel doesn't seem to swivel the light but that could be due to the wide angle that light beam is able to project already.

ModelSHighBeam.jpg

I had a 3/3 delivery scheduled that I had to push due to travel. I placed a hold until today 3/22. Just got my new EDD: Aug 23 a Oct 18. Just wow! Certainly hoping that comes back down to earth.

I guess the word has spread from this thread, about hinges 3.0, now everyone wants them ..