Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is fact for you. Alot of discussion because so many incidents like this occurred to customers. Yes, unless tesla tells us they prioritize by pricing, we will never know.
Owning tesla stock and driving tesla don't make you an expert in thus topic unless you have internal information provided by the company.
Look, we are here in this forum because we enjoy Tesla vehicles and share our experiences about the vehicles and company. We are not expert. I don't even know if Tesla prioritize order or not but so far, many cases had occurred. Also, owning stock mean you should know something about business, which is profit versus cost, supply shortages mean parts and accessories cost more, that's why car price go up. If they don't sell higher price cars now at market price, when demand catching up, you think people will pay for today price ?
Uhhh, what he said.

Well, was supposed to receive my MS Plaid this afternoon but I don’t have her. I was first told that she needed a charge and would be leaving in 10 minutes. Then I got a call saying they needed to check something in service and would let me know. After about 30 or so minutes I get another call saying they think there’s a loose wire? So, at this point they’re saying Saturday delivery. I realize others have been waiting a long time for their delivery, and I can sympathize with this from experience. This will be my first EV and American car at that since 1987. I am hoping things improve from here on out but I am skeptical.

Well, was supposed to receive my MS Plaid this afternoon but I don’t have her. I was first told that she needed a charge and would be leaving in 10 minutes. Then I got a call saying they needed to check something in service and would let me know. After about 30 or so minutes I get another call saying they think there’s a loose wire? So, at this point they’re saying Saturday delivery. I realize others have been waiting a long time for their delivery, and I can sympathize with this from experience. This will be my first EV and American car at that since 1987. I am hoping things improve from here on out but I am skeptical.
Red flags Red flags
Danger Danger Will Robinson.

Maroon flags, maybe. I’m sure there’s a lot of this stuff that goes on behind the scenes that most of us never know about.
Right. I wasn’t told what wire it was, and probably should have asked, except I had guests at the house so I didn’t pursue any further. The sales advisor did seem forthcoming, and said he would send a contact email (have not received though). At this point I’m just hopeful that all goes as planned for Saturday at the latest. I’ve had to make scheduling changes due to this.

Just be warned that at least one person that sold their new Model X after a few days, was then contacted by Tesla and told that they are no longer ever allowed to buy another vehicle from Tesla because Tesla doesn't allow resellers to purchase vehicles.

They saved that person a lot of money, now they can only buy a used Tesla from a PP or other non Tesla seller.

New cars are the greatest destroyer of wealth known IMO.

Yes, there have been multiple reports about people being put on the ban list. The Model X one is here:

He did post in the forum that he was thinking about selling it and placing an order for another one, but I doubt Tesla found that to make their decision. I suspect it was fully about selling the vehicle after having only owned it for a few days.

Sure they can't prevent you from selling that car, since they didn't have you sign a "no sell" contract like some OEMs, ex. Ford, do for some vehicles, but they can add you to their ban list for future purchases.

Can't you just have a family member buy it in their name?

If I got a car I did not like, and could sell it with out a major loss, I'd do it. The hell with what Tesla thinks or does.

Would encourage you to perhaps only get male-gendered automobiles going forward.

End of quarter red flag!!! Check for brake pads before accepting delivery.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have been on this forum since I bought my first MS in 2017. Sometimes I wonder about the posts and the clear issues people are having and wonder how wide spread it is? Then I compare it to the wine forum I regularly visit and realize those who take the time to post are a very small minority of the population who may be interested in the topic. I say this because I genuinely approached my delivery earlier in the week - which was pushed up from Saturday to Wednesday, with trepidation that the car would have a number of flaws.

The delivery process was a bit hands-off. When I told them I wanted to look over the car before accepting it, they seemed genuinely surprised as though that rarely happens, but gladly opened up the car and told me to take my time. After 15-20 minutes of examining it, I went back inside and accepted the car. They then came outside and paired my phone to the car.

The only "flaw" is not even a flaw but was some glue residue from the protective film they apparently used, and I guess the windshield could have been a bit cleaner than it was presented. I had to look real hard for the worm, but it is there. Not an issue to me. Car came with all fobs, cards, mats, covers, etc. I could not find the charging kit and was surprised when I was told it was in the frunk. In my existing (soon to be sold) MS, I used the frunk less than a dozen times in five years! No wrinkles in the seats and I really like the 21" wheels. I hope the tires give me at least 10K miles or more!

While I have only driven it about 110 miles so far, I still have not gotten completely used to three-way turns with the yoke, but I seem to be ok with the turn signals. I have accidentally sprayed the windshield by hitting the wiper button once. I definitely have not found my way around the different software, but many of the options are the same but in different places. I have not figured out how to move the windows to the opposite side of the screen yet, and I think I have an outdated software version. The stereo is worlds better than my prior MS which had the "enhanced audio option." So far I have enabled SiriusXM and my Tidal account. I really like the console better with the movable compartments though I agree the cupholders seem a bit tight. Of course it is much faster in acceleration but I have not tried insane mode yet. It is quieter for sure.

I hope the car continues to be trouble free for me, and that everyone here gets their cars soon with no further issues or delays. Obviously wishful thinking.

I am not buying that either. My RN1151** and they had delivered cars with RN numbers well above mine. Tesla not treating customers as order but more about how much money I'm going to spend. Just because I placed order when price was low, that don't mean tesla can treat me as lower class citizens. That is something I'm not happy about
Friend, I just took delivery on a 2.0 refresh, my order was Dec 2020. Paid $82k. When you get yours, trust me the frustration of the wait becomes a distant memory. Amazing car.

Got my VIN this morning!
RN11508
NF474
MS LR Blue/White , 21” wheels

EDD March 26-30
And I am going to be out of town next week :(((

Do you think they will allow me to schedule a delivery for April 3rd?
Perhaps. I'd respond and give them your travel dates, they might even be able to get it to you before then, or after your window.

I have been on this forum since I bought my first MS in 2017. Sometimes I wonder about the posts and the clear issues people are having and wonder how wide spread it is? Then I compare it to the wine forum I regularly visit and realize those who take the time to post are a very small minority of the population who may be interested in the topic. I say this because I genuinely approached my delivery earlier in the week - which was pushed up from Saturday to Wednesday, with trepidation that the car would have a number of flaws.

The delivery process was a bit hands-off. When I told them I wanted to look over the car before accepting it, they seemed genuinely surprised as though that rarely happens, but gladly opened up the car and told me to take my time. After 15-20 minutes of examining it, I went back inside and accepted the car. They then came outside and paired my phone to the car.

The only "flaw" is not even a flaw but was some glue residue from the protective film they apparently used, and I guess the windshield could have been a bit cleaner than it was presented. I had to look real hard for the worm, but it is there. Not an issue to me. Car came with all fobs, cards, mats, covers, etc. I could not find the charging kit and was surprised when I was told it was in the frunk. In my existing (soon to be sold) MS, I used the frunk less than a dozen times in five years! No wrinkles in the seats and I really like the 21" wheels. I hope the tires give me at least 10K miles or more!

While I have only driven it about 110 miles so far, I still have not gotten completely used to three-way turns with the yoke, but I seem to be ok with the turn signals. I have accidentally sprayed the windshield by hitting the wiper button once. I definitely have not found my way around the different software, but many of the options are the same but in different places. I have not figured out how to move the windows to the opposite side of the screen yet, and I think I have an outdated software version. The stereo is worlds better than my prior MS which had the "enhanced audio option." So far I have enabled SiriusXM and my Tidal account. I really like the console better with the movable compartments though I agree the cupholders seem a bit tight. Of course it is much faster in acceleration but I have not tried insane mode yet. It is quieter for sure.

I hope the car continues to be trouble free for me, and that everyone here gets their cars soon with no further issues or delays. Obviously wishful thinking.

Good delivery experience. Mine was great (once I arrived at the date). The SA even followed me around with a microfiber and wiped in fingerprints off the car as I touched it.

The 21" tires will last easily 20k miles unless you are launching everywhere.

By the end of April I will be at approx. 33k miles and I still enjoy it as much as the first 110 miles. Enjoy the car - you have been waiting for a while.

Of course it is much faster in acceleration but I have not tried insane mode yet.

I thought this was a spot on post and a well written post until this line. I have had my car for a little over 2 weeks and 1,200 miles. It should only be driven in insane mode.. it is docile until you give it the go. My car has been in insane mode from delivery and will be left there as long as I own it and drive it. 😎