Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they are within spec too šŸ˜‚
4994C8A8-A306-4566-9B8E-D461C23D99A6.jpeg

Well. If you as "we" debunked it. May I ask by using what information or fact . Yes, Tesla is filling orders but you will get your vehicle quicker with the Plaid or loaded accessories, not basic or standard equipped. I understand some of you are but hurt about the fact that Tesla not being fair because you guys are hard-core fan, same way around for Tesla hater too. But at the end of the day, the truth does hurt a little.

Why not go to their website and punch in two order for the same model but with different features and see if you're getting the same EDD. My point exactly

Two different things. What was debunked (or at least has not been proven) is the notion that people with newer orders are being prioritized over older (pre-price hike) orders of that exact same config because of the lower price/margin. But yes it's been established that delivery timelines are very much linked to the model and options you ordered.

Hi everyone,

Went to take delivery of VIN NF474200 red plaid yesterday at Princeton, NJ. Car was perfect except for a smallish pebble rock chip on the hood - through the clearcoat (very noticeable in the sun). I did not accept and of course they will repaint the hood at a Tesla authorized shop next door. They told me it will be ready on Monday. I am worried about them matching the quality/look of factory red paint. I understand red is "special". It is a extra $2500!

What does everyone think? Thank you!
Take the car as is and touch up. Do not get the hood painted as it will fade at a different rate than the rest of the car. Donā€™t. Do. It.

1158 RN. 10/11 order date. MSLR No FSD. In the bay area. Got the call yesterday for the 4.5k discount on a refresh 1.0 which I turned down. Today EDD moved forward to 3/28-4/15. Looks like everyone is close to getting theirs!
Same order date, 1157 RN, MSLR Black, Cream 19's no FSD been bumped out to 5/21 to 7/02. Tesla rep. said, "should be next quarter I'll see a VIN"..
It is the curse of the East Coast EDD!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I joined a few Tesla related FB groups just to get another view on perceptions of quality, deliveries, pricing, etc.

Uncontrolled and utter madness. The stuff people post as fact. More like bad B-movie fiction. It would be funny if it wasnā€™t so wrong.

It feels safe coming back to TMC.
Too funny. Would love to know which FB groups you joined. I did the same and found them okay; but not perfect.

Too funny. Would love to know which FB groups you joined. I did the same and found them okay; but not perfect.
  • Tesla Model S Plaid And Long Range
  • Tesla Plaid Performance
  • Tesla Tips and Tricks
  • Tesla Model Y Accessories (for wifeā€™s car)
  • Tesla Model 3/Y/SX Accessories
  • Tesla Owners Of Ventura County
  • Tesla Plaid Owners
  • Tesla Owners Worldwide
  • Tesla Sentry Mode Videos (comic relief)

• Tesla Model S Plaid And Long Range
  • Tesla Plaid Performance
  • Tesla Tips and Tricks
  • Tesla Model Y Accessories (for wifeā€™s car)
  • Tesla Model 3/Y/SX Accessories
  • Tesla Owners Of Ventura County
  • Tesla Plaid Owners
  • Tesla Owners Worldwide
  • Tesla Sentry Mode Videos (comic relief)
Iā€™m on 1 and 7 only. Also the local Pacific Northwest group.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Red is the worse color to match over time and will fade at different rates.
I had a fire engine metallic Red Jeep that I smashed the whole front end at 60K miles. I really thought I was gonna dump it after the repair. I kept til 230K miles for 12 years. You could not tell a difference of what was repainted. And paint really held up great. And that was back around 2006.

Again, it has to be done right and can be done right. But I canā€™t comment on the odds of it being done right. And yes some colors are harder than others.

Iā€™m on 1 and 7 only. Also the local Pacific Northwest group.
Yeah Iā€™m also in a couple of those. And an X one too.

I strayed over to the X thread on here yesterday. It was so weirdā€¦like exactly the same conversations but all different names.

Im not too proud to admit itā€¦I ran. Oh, I ran. I canā€™t handle another dystopia. Even if I get an X, Iā€™m staying here. Even if I get a John Deere to commute on, Iā€™m staying.

Red is the worse color to match over time and will fade at different rates.
Thatā€™s really not entirely accurate. If the repair is done properly it would be as good or better than OEM. In fact, the warranty on the repair would/could be longer than the OEM warranty. Good luck with that with trying to make a case with Tesla, but at a certified body shop, that is the fact.

Paint has come a long way, particularly in regard to UV protection and durability. Some refinish paints are incredible now, and truly are of higher quality than some OEMā€™s. And Iā€™m not singling Tesla out on this, I believe their paint quality is fine.

All of that said, I wouldnā€™t want my hood painted either. Not because of product quality, but application procedure.

Thatā€™s really not entirely accurate. If the repair is done properly it would be as good or better than OEM. In fact, the warranty on the repair would/could be longer than the OEM warranty. Good luck with that with trying to make a case with Tesla, but at a certified body shop, that is the fact.

Paint has come a long way, particularly in regard to UV protection and durability. Some refinish paints are incredible now, and truly are of higher quality than some OEMā€™s. And Iā€™m not singling Tesla out on this, I believe their paint quality is fine.

All of that said, I wouldnā€™t want my hood painted either. Not because of product quality, but application procedure.
The OEM paint and body shop paint will be different chemistries. The OEM crap is also baked, whereas the body shop paint is air cured. Add to this the fact they will have to blend the body shop paint to both fenders. All this for a small rock chip that the OP would likely get anyway from driving the car. Come in folks, you donā€™t choose to paint three or more panels because of a rock chip - out of principle that Tesla should deliver a perfect car. The other option is, of course, to just reject the VIN.

Iā€™m going from a M3P to MSLR. Mind sharing some more thoughts about why you feel itā€™s so much better? Or does what you note pretty much cover it?

Iā€™ve been reluctant to make the change (having ordered both at the same time, the M3P came in three weeks whereas Iā€™m still waiting 6 mo for the MS). My hand is being forced as my car slaughtered a deer and, in so doing, is now driveable but busted to the point where it will be a several month fix. Assuming the MS comes in April as projected, my choice is rendered moot as Iā€™ll just give the M3P to the shop and then sell it.

I was also forced from my M3P from an accident. Wouldn't have done it otherwise. Always wanted the S, but couldn't really justify it previously. Life changed and I got my way haha.
I drive 150mi/day 6 days a week. Generally with my M3P I would start at 90% and get home anywhere from 25-30%. This was rather annoying because if we wanted to go anywhere else that night or if I had to drive back to work that night I'd be forced to supercharge. Even if for 5 minutes it was rather annoying. When I got the car my commute was half so I did it to myself, but the extra range on the S makes a huge difference for me personally.

I am not nearly as perticular or specific as others. I've owned multiple porches and a few other random luxury cars and the S, to me blows them out of the water. From the 3, the seats are way more comfortable to sit in for long periods. Especially when you add the ventilation. The ride quality is much, much better. 95% of my driving is on AP with comfort suspension. I didn't really consider the 3 bumpy, but after the S I couldn't to back.

The cabin has to be 90% more quiet and I don't even have ANC yet as I hasn't gotten the update for it. Again, didn't think it was a big deal until I took a few phone calls and realized I didn't need to yell like I was before.

The 3 drives more "sporty" because it's smaller, but the performance increase above 60mph is extremely noticible for me. Most of my driving is above that range. I don't mind the bigger feel or the S, I personally like it better, but that is really subjective. On subjectivity, I don't think not having a dash screen mattered, but with the yoke and a dash screen now I can't go back. It makes things so much easier.

Overall, I wouldn't ever go back to a 3 or Y after the S. The overall feel and package are just so much better for me. Hopefully that made some sense, typed it on my phone at work. There have been a lot of others with better descriptions of the difference, but I would make the change 100/100 times if given the chance even with the higher price tag.