Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- The only reason I had any idea where to go, is because the other member on here told me -_- was rather confusing, and no one really directing. So thanks to whomever that was <3

- Car was SUPER dirty, like it hadn't been washed in weeks. For essentially a $100k car that's kinda sad on Tesla part

- Lights at night: who designed these? They look amazing when looking at the car, but the projected light looks like a child engineered them. Wonky setup that has 0 symmetry and drove my ADD self crazy on the drive home.... I thought the videos I saw were over exaggerating but they were not....
I'm glad my direction to the delivery area helped. You'd think they'd get a gator sign or something to help customers out.
Bummer about the dirty car. Mine wasn't perfect, but was very clean.
I only drove mine around the house at night before taking to Xpel, and I noticed the light pattern notch for the opposing lane was uneven. I have a C8 and it has a notch but it's very evenly lit to the edges. Hopefully this will get tuned up with software.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
1158 RN. 10/11 order date. MSLR No FSD. In the bay area. Got the call yesterday for the 4.5k discount on a refresh 1.0 which I turned down. Today EDD moved forward to 3/28-4/15. Looks like everyone is close to getting theirs!
1158 RN. 10/11 order date. MSLR No FSD. In the bay area. Got the call yesterday for the 4.5k discount on a refresh 1.0 which I turned down. Today EDD moved forward to 3/28-4/15. Looks like everyone is close to getting theirs!
Once I got the call Friday, everything moved very quick. Call sat from Tesla asking about a trade in, VIN issued Sunday, called me yesterday asking if I wanted to pick up. So… Picked it up from the Fremont factory yesterday. Ram through the delivery checklist - I feel super fortunate, I couldn’t find any issues at all and took delivery. Hardest part was dealing with insurance.

Speaking of insurance *super pro tip* that I haven’t seen mentioned anywhere here. I currently pay 2.4K yr for two SUVs with Allstate. They wanted an additional 3k for the MSLR as a 3rd car in a 2 adult HH. Tesla insurance quoted me $1400/yr with same limits and deductibles. Costco insurance (via American Family) was $400/yr cheaper for all 3 cars including the MSLR.so I am paying $2k/yr for 3 cars.

2 That’s right, 15 minutes can save you 15% or more. If you haven’t looked at Costco insurance for your MS, check it out!

So you got Refresh 1.0 Lights??
Nope it's the new ones, My Vin and the lights look like the new ones, got new hinge, new back end, etc. Unless they mix and match 🤣
I'm glad my direction to the delivery area helped. You'd think they'd get a gator sign or something to help customers out.
Bummer about the dirty car. Mine wasn't perfect, but was very clean.
I only drove mine around the house at night before taking to Xpel, and I noticed the light pattern notch for the opposing lane was uneven. I have a C8 and it has a notch but it's very evenly lit to the edges. Hopefully this will get tuned up with software.
Yeah, the driver side lane is definitely off. The right one isnt too bad.

I'll get used to it.... But would be cool if they could update that

I'm not 100% sure how to explain it .-. But wobbling isn't left and right, it's the equivalent of jumping from foot to foot with only one on the ground. Or how a penguin walks. It just didn't feel good at all, but once in sports mode, it felt great. So will have to tinker some more to figure it out.
I use auto 99% of the time, and dont experience that. I'd suggest getting your alignment checked. Misalignment can often cause poor tracking.

Wow. Interesting. Same here. I will definitely check it after I get my car from ppf. My friend that ride with the car asked me if the passenger side trim is a screen. Umm. Maybe he noticed something.
I have a car way before the date when there should be a screen behind there, but it looks the same as if there might be a screen behind it. If indeed there is to be one there, undoubtedly they had all of this planned.

This way they can have a steady drip of FOMO, new things every 6-9 months will keep this thread going strong for years!

Whelp. For anyone following my nonsense, my house got delayed again. And my Tesla order got canceled. Went from “Tell us when you’re ready.” To canceled.

Oh well. I ended up putting in an order for a Plaid instead 😆 June - July delivery window. My house is supposed to be done end of April. Hopefully the stars align this time.
Sucks about the house. Was it delayed "2 weeks" like in the movie "Money pit"?

Why did Tesla cancel your order?

I believe the factory coating reduces scalp burning IR by 99.9%, if I recall correctly.
Still transfers a bit of heat. May not burn the skin but if your bald scalp is within an inch of it on a hot day, you do get some radiant heat. It is darker than my 3 which I tinted and I haven't tinted the Plaid.

Still transfers a bit of heat. May not burn the skin but if your bald scalp is within an inch of it on a hot day, you do get some radiant heat. It is darker than my 3 which I tinted and I haven't tinted the Plaid.
Seems like more tint isn’t the answer for that, but rather an opaque sun shade, - like the prior generation had available.

Can someone draw a red circle on a picture of the dashboard around the spot this is referring to?
The speculation is here, right side of dash. I still see zero purpose.

tesla-debuts-model-s-plaid-interior_md.jpg