Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty shady??!
Regardless of the year model or date of manufacturer, the manufacturer/dealer definition of new is really untitled. Should a vehicle that's been sitting for a while be discounted? Absolutely. Should damage of any kind (hail, transport, vandalism) be disclosed? Absolutely. Should it be portrayed as the latest and greatest? Absolutely not. But, should it be described as a new vehicle? If it hasn't been titled, yes.

Regardless of the year model or date of manufacturer, the manufacturer/dealer definition of new is really untitled. Should a vehicle that's been sitting for a while be discounted? Absolutely. Should damage of any kind (hail, transport, vandalism) be disclosed? Absolutely. Should it be portrayed as the latest and greatest? Absolutely not. But, should it be described as a new vehicle? If it hasn't been titled, yes.
agreed. I bought a "new" from Tesla (never titled) Model S in Dec 2019, that was a model year 2017 with 1500 miles on it. Had a $25k discount at the time. Sold it last summer for more than I actually paid for it, mainly due to very low miles and the fact that the new car 4 year Tesla warranty (terms were for the 2017 year) didnt begin until December 2019.

I use auto 99% of the time, and dont experience that. I'd suggest getting your alignment checked. Misalignment can often cause poor tracking.
Yeah I'll check it out, Comfort and Sport seem to be fine, but auto just....doesn't feel right. Not 100% Sure. Going to mess around a little with it on highway driving to see. Thanks for the input

Also, when getting tint, are people doing the 4 windows + rear hatch window? Or is that one enough for most people?

Added a pic, wanting to get better ones but want to wait till I remove that stupid front license plate holder + tint windows :)

Driving it some more today, and it really does drive nice. If these are the same brakes as the plaid though, definitely not enough stopping power :X

Attachments

• 20220329_122338.jpg
    20220329_122338.jpg
    637.2 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Windshield tint up here, the popo are not fans of. 2 of my employees got in trouble last year for it actually.
No issues down South of you. 70% should be seamless to tell tint is even there. All for heat rejection.
Aight, I did a massive one on my M3P rear glass and it was super nice, but pricey as it was one big ass piece to avoid any lines.
Same with an S. Should be a single piece of tint.

Sucks about the house. Was it delayed "2 weeks" like in the movie "Money pit"?

Why did Tesla cancel your order?
lol hopefully not. They’re just getting hit by supply chain stuff. It does feel awfully similar to what people have described with Tesla delivery dates though.

The order was canceled because I didn’t take delivery once. It’s super frustrating that Tesla seems to selectively extend some orders but not others.

Also, my order moved back to September-October already. Pretty absurd.

That's one of the most annoying ones. There's no technical reason it's missing, it's still there on my wife's Y, but they just forgot (or more likely didn't have the time) on the S refresh, and they haven't circled back to *finish* the UI.
I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere within the recent past that Tesla disabled caraoke because the NTSA or some other Federal agency had ruled against it. Others please enlighten us on this matter.