Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a peep tonight.

2DB0B4EF-DE3F-4387-82A8-031C0D6DF6A6.jpeg

Yeah I'll check it out, Comfort and Sport seem to be fine, but auto just....doesn't feel right. Not 100% Sure. Going to mess around a little with it on highway driving to see. Thanks for the input

Also, when getting tint, are people doing the 4 windows + rear hatch window? Or is that one enough for most people?

Added a pic, wanting to get better ones but want to wait till I remove that stupid front license plate holder + tint windows :)

Driving it some more today, and it really does drive nice. If these are the same brakes as the plaid though, definitely not enough stopping power :X
I got all four and rear. Do 15% on hatch so that the dark roof appears to continue all the way to the bottom then 30% on all 4.
Will send pics tomorrow if mine. Looks 🔥

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I drew a rough line of what the lights looked like last night driving down a dark road with occasional cars coming the opposite way.
There was some random shadowing in various places, but this is the gist.

Going to check again tonight if the storm isn't bad, if not tomorrow night. But watching some videos on them today, maybe that's...how it was supposed to be and I'm just dumb? Not sure, but it didn't look right when driving. Please correct if wrong.
So I see a “dark” rectangle similar to what you drew but that’s because it’s meant to reduce glare for oncoming cars. If you check where the dark area is, it’s perfectly aligned to where another car would be coming to you.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Lol I can tell you the samething. I actually did that myself asking Tesla to give me the S Plaid price back in June2021 since I ordered the S at the time for 79k. They said no.
Now I'm very nervous because several people reporting Tesla trying to give them vehicles that made last year for new delivery. I hope that will not happen to me. The company is clearly treating customers (ordered when price low) as non priority.
I'm so sorry avengerBB for insulting your company God 😭

• Funny
Reactions: AvengerBB
Pick up my Plaid Red + Black + Carbon + 21” tomorrow after 18 months of EDD gyrations.

Thank you all for the funnies and info. Forum has a lot of characters and character. Appreciated the camaraderie, banter, and the rumor funnel. Many a long day and late night here absorbing and posting.

Unless something goes horribly wrong at delivery, I’m outta here. Wishing everyone the best of luck.

If anyone is worried,
  • It is a 473 VIN (lights!)
  • Not a damaged discount vehicle (camera!)
  • Not a buyer rejected car (action!)
Buyer’s finance fell through and it landed in my lap.

I’ll post before and Affter (PPF, tiny, debadging) pix in a new thread.
If you're not going to post pics to this thread, could you please at least include a link to your new one?

Another rejection story...

Given the fact there are so many more plaids versus nonplaids in inventory I called Tesla to see if they could knock $20,000 off the plaid price and I would take a plaid inventory car. I locked in at the 79 k mark so thought this would be a win-win situation. Tesla sells an inventory car now, and my old LR order falls off the books. No money lost....More revenue for Tesla ....a car out of inventory...a happy customer

Of course common sense doesn't matter regarding this. I got denied quickly and told the wait my turn....

I am nervous a pushback is coming as no VINs have been popping and pushbacks are happening. Currently April 1 to April 22 EDD
Tesla stopped the mad rush to pump delivery numbers around the end of last year, now they're supposedly focused on cost reduction (ref: Elon Musk tells Tesla employees to stop rushing to increase quarterly deliveries). With that in mind, there's no way in hell they'd leave an extra $20k of profit on the table just to get another delivery ;)

In the past, a few lucky people might've gotten a wheel upgrade (that cost Tesla a thousand bucks or so? unsure of the COGS delta), most just had the "order change fee" waived (which now is waived for everyone, woohoo!). I think those days are behind us now with Elon's note there, and I don't think anyone got upgraded to Plaid, though they have discounted some cars due to repaired damage (rightly so).

I got all four and rear. Do 15% on hatch so that the dark roof appears to continue all the way to the bottom then 30% on all 4.
Will send pics tomorrow if mine. Looks 🔥
Yeah Let me know! Mine goes in next wed for Ceramic + Tint
So I see a “dark” rectangle similar to what you drew but that’s because it’s meant to reduce glare for oncoming cars. If you check where the dark area is, it’s perfectly aligned to where another car would be coming to you.
I can see that, the issue is (I posted pics a bit back) that the alignment is also quite off. So I scheduled them to adjust them, else I will try myself :3

View attachment 787858

There are side by side videos of the "old" vs. "new" lights on FB, “Tesla Model S Plaid and Long Range” group.
There's an obvious difference between the pictures. However, for a fair comparison, as in most other experiments, one should try to control most of, if not all, other variables in the subject. So the author should have tried to take those pictures at the same spot in the road and with the same obstacles in the picture. Not possible to take at the same time but one immediately after the other would have been the idea.

There's an obvious difference between the pictures. However, for a fair comparison, as in most other experiments, one should try to control most of, if not all, other variables in the subject. So the author should have tried to take those pictures at the same spot in the road and with the same obstacles in the picture. Not possible to take at the same time but one immediately after the other would have been the idea.
You also need to control the camera exposure. Bet you they were all auto and one could be much dimmer than the other. The phone took a longer exposure on the dimmer scene.