Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. That's my car in fact. The 'shoddy' paint is left over wax. The gap we fixed with the adjustment bumpers. I'm happy. :)

Aerodyne and I went over the car for about 90 minutes this afternoon. Big shout out to him for helping me out today.. I need to treat him to lunch.

Missing: Spoiler and FOBs. Nada else.
Ahhh that’s a relief! Glad it was just wax! I was teasing about the trunk. That’s so easily fixed it boggles my mind they didn’t get it set right at the factory.

If you can’t see the worm I’m sure the car looks perfect ;)
Worm can be felt. Barely seen. Nothing burger for me. And I am extremely picky.

Write up and pix coming probably this weekend.

This my 7th delivery (4 of my own). I didn’t think it could be much better than January build MYP that we picked up for wife.

But I am extremely impressed with this build. And this could simply because of what they used to produce in ‘17. :)

There’s nothing I can’t fix in a few seconds or have addressed by service if I so choose. Service ticket submitted.

K. Later all. :)

Last edited:
I am curious if anyone has purchased and installed one of the yoke replacement round steering wheels that are now available on the market. I have ordered one from Secret EV but it will not be ready for at least another month I’m afraid. TSportsline, RPM Tesla, Hansshow and Exslysive all have nice looking units. Might anyone have any experiences to relate so far. After owning my Plaid for seven months I can say I’m really accustomed to everything with the Yoke except the horn and Plaid 2 has apparently remedied that. And of course a round top on the wheel should increase more responsIve drivability.

Yup. That's my car in fact. The 'shoddy' paint is left over wax. The gap we fixed with the adjustment bumpers. I'm happy. :)

Aerodyne and I went over the car for about 90 minutes this afternoon. Big shout out to him for helping me out today.. I need to treat him to lunch.

Did you make him wear the blue glove?

Delivered yesterday! Love it! Only issue I am having is bluetooth initializing -- can't pair my phone for some reason.

Attachments

• IMG_0364.jpeg
    IMG_0364.jpeg
    644 KB · Views: 121
He was giving the car what seemed to be a colonoscopy!

Seriously, he was amazing. Really appreciated him coming down all the way from Valencia and hanging out as long as he did. The traffic was shite.
Congratulations @Ohmster! So happy to see you get a car (and a gorgeous one at that!) Your patience was truly admirable here, and it's something everyone should strive for imo. Way to set an example!👍👊😀

Delivered yesterday! Love it! Only issue I am having is bluetooth initializing -- can't pair my phone for some reason.
It’s the new hinges! I hear they interfere with phone syncing.😁 Seriously it probably is the phone. Try syncing your iPad/ tablet To find out. Keep resetting your phone and car. It will eventually happen.

It’s the new hinges! I hear they interfere with phone syncing.😁 Seriously it probably is the phone. Try syncing your iPad/ tablet To find out. Keep resetting your phone and car. It will eventually happen.
On my Android phone I occasionally deactivate Bluetooth accidentally when I swipe down to see notifications. Often don't realize this until I go to use headphones with the phone. Specifically the Pixel phone which has this easily accessible Bluetooth button.

Interesting detail I have not seen before.

Looking into the MS bumper cover air duct from behind.

Looks like a real pain to clean or wrap inside.

I'm guessing this provides a sheet of positive pressure gradient airflow over the front wheels.
It's not terribly hard to wash around... to wrap? Not my job thankfully, hahaha.
But yeah, I'm sure it helps lower the Cd... I wish it would help more with brake cooling, though.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Congrats on the new car!! Can you help to check if you have dust in the instrument cluster like mentioned here(https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/dust-behind-instrument-cluster-cleaning.257378/)? I believe the dust can only be obvious when there is direct lighting.