Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
EOQ is a thing. I'm RN 1162, placed 12/29/21, and have had my date bounce around the end of March/mid-April for the last few weeks. I figured there was no way Q1 would happen and I would get bumped to end of Q2 or Q3 (at a minimum) based on what I'm seeing on the forums. Out of the blue I was contacted Monday of this week to set up delivery March 30 or 31, in Camarillo (Los Angeles). Everything went smooth as silk. The team there is awesome. Car is immaculate. All key fobs, parcel shelf, trunk covers, license plate, etc. No quality issues at all. Moving from a M3P into the S. As others have said, rides way better, seems about as fast (maybe a little less RIGHT off the line but then pulls like crazy), and obviously another step up in overall refinement and luxury. Black/white interior/21's LR. VIN NF475. I feel for those ahead of me that are still waiting but am super glad I was picked by the EOQ delivery elves to get mine. Three months from order to delivery!

So…here we are…EOQ sale.

Felt like pulling my last stunt.

Called 1-800 to ask about left overs.

Got one at the mall. Went by, checked out, everything looked good. Paid for it. Now waiting for the mall to close so they can drive it out.

$10k off. (Old lights, charge port, new hinges though…thats where the value is)

YOLO
AAF3AF41-1279-49AA-B395-DCA247215986.jpeg

So…here we are…EOQ sale.

Got one at the mall. Went by, checked out, everything looked good. Paid for it. Now waiting for the mall to close so they can drive it out.

YOLOView attachment 788456
That's amazing. I expect to see dashcam video posted of driving through the mall!!

So…here we are…EOQ sale.

YOLOView attachment 788456
Is that the Florida Mall or Altamonte? Can you deliver an Orange Julius to me? ;)

Congratulations on your beautiful new Model S. Drive it in good health!

Last edited:
He was giving the car what seemed to be a colonoscopy!

Seriously, he was amazing. Really appreciated him coming down all the way from Valencia and hanging out as long as he did. The traffic was shite.
You waited a long time for the right car. Congratulations! Drive your new car in good health! The red looks awesome—it’s peacock 🦚 approved.

So…here we are…EOQ sale.

YOLO
Depending on how particular you are about paint, might be a good idea to have a detailer do some paint correction. I imagine with people touching it, some scratches HAVE to be present. Otherwise though, if they were showing it off, it likely had decent panel alignment and a great catch for you! Congrats!

Depending on how particular you are about paint, might be a good idea to have a detailer do some paint correction. I imagine with people touching it, some scratches HAVE to be present. Otherwise though, if they were showing it off, it likely had decent panel alignment and a great catch for you! Congrats!
Looked like there was a cordon a pretty good distance away from the car, so aside from the stray punk kid who might duck under it, it looked pretty safe!

So here’s the question, my plaid was supposed to be delivered today to local SC for pickup and was on a truck that was in an accident and police involved. Apparently there were cars on truck that were damaged but mine was not, I’m a bit concerned i guess just in general with the car being unnecessarily jolted even if it wasn’t damaged. If you were me, would you take the car if it didn’t show signs of damage when it arrives? Thanks in advance.

So here’s the question, my plaid was supposed to be delivered today to local SC for pickup and was on a truck that was in an accident and police involved. Apparently there were cars on truck that were damaged but mine was not, I’m a bit concerned i guess just in general with the car being unnecessarily jolted even if it wasn’t damaged. If you were me, would you take the car if it didn’t show signs of damage when it arrives? Thanks in advance.
Just take at look at the car at SC before put down money. If you cannot find any cosmetic dmg I would still take it.