Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are in a real hurry to get the car you should look at the inventory and see if one pops up. Here is a link. The waiting game is long, but not too bad for Plaid.

Good luck!

I ordered back in October 2020 and waited until May 2021. I hope this time around it won't be as excruciating haha.
I really hope that their EDD of June 12 - July 24 doesn't get pushed back anymore.
If anything, I have a rental car from insurance and have to figure out how long my Taycan will be in the shop (i've heard others say up to 4 months for some porsche repairs nowadays), and then I'll have time to sell it or trade it in.
Thank you for the link though!

You sound like a dentist from SoCal! What are your thoughts on the Taycan. Fit and finish is great but a little too slow for you? You will be impressed with the Plaid. As the saying goes: “Never sad with a Plaid!”
Taycan was great, I just want to repair it and let it go. The battery warranty on Taycan's and I suspect Tesla's as well have explicit statement that says that the warranty is void after damage directly or indirectly from an accident. I don't want a battery failure at 6-7 years and find out it's no longer covered. That's all. Just preventing less headache later.
Fit and finish of the Taycan was almost perfect, a little rattle near the top left part of the driver side but fixed that with some cardboard wedged in a seam....so not as perfect as you'd think.
Also Plaid will be more family friendly. Taycan is a sport car and I had the 4 seater only. Just planning ahead since I plan to keep the car a long time.

Took delivery on Thursday! I love the car but good thing I had the checklist from this forum because there were a shocking number of issues. Not surprisingly when it was clearly a rushed EOQ delivery as they forced me to take delivery 3/31.

Trunk misaligned, frunk misaligned, paint damage on driver door, loose carpet in trunk, loose backseat, seat wrinkles, yoke worm, janky weather seals. More minor stuff. They fixed a few things before I left and I have a service appointment at the end of the month for the rest.

31EB7590-4C41-4F00-A854-637A2B2E553A.jpeg

Attachments

• 31EB7590-4C41-4F00-A854-637A2B2E553A.jpeg
    31EB7590-4C41-4F00-A854-637A2B2E553A.jpeg
    444.7 KB · Views: 93
Taycan was great, I just want to repair it and let it go. The battery warranty on Taycan's and I suspect Tesla's as well have explicit statement that says that the warranty is void after damage directly or indirectly from an accident. I don't want a battery failure at 6-7 years and find out it's no longer covered. That's all. Just preventing less headache later.
Fit and finish of the Taycan was almost perfect, a little rattle near the top left part of the driver side but fixed that with some cardboard wedged in a seam....so not as perfect as you'd think.
Also Plaid will be more family friendly. Taycan is a sport car and I had the 4 seater only. Just planning ahead since I plan to keep the car a long time.

That is just silly - everyone on this forum knows only Tesla has quality issues.

Took delivery on Thursday! I love the car but good thing I had the checklist from this forum because there were a shocking number of issues. Not surprisingly when it was clearly a rushed EOQ delivery as they forced me to take delivery 3/31.

Trunk misaligned, frunk misaligned, paint damage on driver door, loose carpet in trunk, loose backseat, seat wrinkles, yoke worm, janky weather seals. More minor stuff. They fixed a few things before I left and I have a service appointment at the end of the month for the rest.

View attachment 789806

Good news is that you have the car and they will make it right (eventually).

The even better news is that you have the new lights and hinges.

@EndlessPlaid Daddy Elon can I please get a ticket for this week's festivities in Austin? K thx.
I'm thinking there's a fairly good chance they'll just say, day of, that anyone in the area is welcome to join (or at least the first 15,000 attendees to get there). That's why they haven't sent out invites yet (only save-the-dates to influencer types).

I'm thinking there's a fairly good chance they'll just say, day of, that anyone in the area is welcome to join (or at least the first 15,000 attendees to get there). That's why they haven't sent out invites yet (only save-the-dates to influencer types).
So it looks like some people were emailed and asked to RSVP and will receive a QR code to gain entry. I'm gonna downgrade this from "fairly good" to "somewhat possible", haha.

Lucid Air on the Tesla test track today. Interesting.
View attachment 790081

Tesla Fremont 04/04/2022
Very little activity at the factory today. Doesn’t seem like they had the lines up and running.

Pretty stunning change in the S/X lot from just last week. (I know EOQ). Hardly anything left.

Logistics lot had a lot of cars still but no movement at the time of the video. Just one truck loading.

Need to see more cars and VINs flying to get me some hope I will see it this quarter.