Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately my EDD just got bumped out a couple weeks.
RN1167
MS LR BLK, WHT interior, 19”
Order date 3/13/2022
Original EDD 7/14 - 9/22
Revised EDD 8/6 - 10/1 (occurred 4/10)
Honestly, I would take all these changes with a grain of salt. I started out at September / October then went to November then went to December then went to January then went to February then went to March then went to April then went to later in April. You get the point....

Now here I am. Still without a VIN. But I still check the app daily.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I use Komodo sea sucker. Komodo
Pricey but I prefer this to a roof rack which is an option as is an after market hitch. I did put the hitch on my first model S but I prefer the clean look offered by sea sucker.
Great looking rack, but did you try it with a mountain bike?

The Komodo description says:

1649633989813.png

Great looking rack, but did you try it with a mountain bike?

The Komodo description says:

View attachment 792227
Surprised they say that. It will hold any bicycle as long as the front hub is thru axle. That said, I only have gravel and road bikes. Maybe you could check if someone in your local biking community has one and try it out b4 spending all that dinero. It really turns heads when I attach it to the hatchback glass.

Last edited:
I use Komodo sea sucker. Komodo
Pricey but I prefer this to a roof rack which is an option as is an after market hitch. I did put the hitch on my first model S but I prefer the clean look offered by sea sucker.
Yikes, you put that onto the glass roof !!!

A Model X hitch with a standard hitch mounted bike rack is probably cheaper, more rugged, easier to use, more efficient and safer.

c483bedc-4b74-4410-ac4d-cf326aad2b29-jpeg.782973

Yikes, you put that onto the glass roof !!!

A Model X hitch with a standard hitch mounted bike rack is probably cheaper, more rugged, easier to use, more efficient and safer.

c483bedc-4b74-4410-ac4d-cf326aad2b29-jpeg.782973
Works as intended and I suspect attaches better on glass than metal. If you follow the link I provided you will see some examples. As for the model x hitch, it will not fit on the s but there’s a third party one that will. The hitch like I had on my first Tesla S does not look good on a luxury sedan. I attach mine on the hatchback and not roof but works there too.

Last edited:
Works as intended and I suspect attaches better on glass than metal. If you follow the link I provided you will see some examples. As for the model x hitch, it will not fit on the s but there’s a third party one that will. The hitch like I had on my first Tesla S does not look good on a luxury sedan. I attach mine on the hatchback and not roof but works there too.

X Hitch will bolt right on. It even has the Model S Tow Rating on the Tesla Label on the Hitch.

You can pull Receiver out just like on Model X and put the cover back on.

Several members have already installed it and I have mine ordered.

See this thread for more info Trailer hitch on 2021 refresh?

This photo is from a hitch removed from a 2022 Model X and installed on a Model S Refresh.

e4f498c4-0b3e-4ad9-ba21-365925242304-png.768462

Anyone who has gotten PPF on a black model s, does it in any way ruin the look of the car? Is the wrap extremely noticeable? I really like the shiny black and am a bit worried the wrap would dull the look.

Initially I wasn’t interested in getting the wrap was just going to go with opticoat, but I really want to keep the car looking as good as possible for as long as possible.
I am PPFing my deep blue metalic with gloss Xpel Ultimate. The blue comes thru absolutely unchanged. Its gorgeous as the black would be. DIY PPF on 2022 Blue Model S

X Hitch will bolt right on. It even has the Model S Tow Rating on the Tesla Label on the Hitch.

You can pull Receiver out just like on Model X and put the cover back on.

Several members have already installed it and I have mine ordered.

See this thread for more info Trailer hitch on 2021 refresh?

This photo is from a hitch removed from a 2022 Model X and installed on a Model S Refresh.

e4f498c4-0b3e-4ad9-ba21-365925242304-png.768462
Thanks. Wasn’t aware. This was not an option in 2015.

Awesome. Just ordered. I wish they would answer their Contact page I would have ordered them a week ago.
Their dropdown Box says 2020-2021 which isn't right, which is why I hesitated without some confirmation (which you just did).

Maybe you can find us some Mudflaps :)
There is a option to select 2022 (Plaid, Long Range) on Telsarati…I think that’s what we need to select. Can you confirm @lbowroom

They won't try to deny an obvious manufacturing defect. If on the other hand it's consistent with an item left under the hood and then closing it.... you can see the dilemma. Hard to see anything on the picture but could be candidate for paintless dent repair guys.
After an inspection by a lead technician at the service center, the service manager decided to have the hood replaced. Luckily there is a Tesla body shop in Denver so they will paint a new hood and then call me with an appointment to install it. They assured me that paint matching won't be an issue so hopefully, this will all go off without a hitch.