Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where did you get your lug caps and center cap?
Sorry for the late reply. I bought my centre caps and lug nut covers from a Canadian accessory store here: Model S/3/X/Y: Aero Wheel Caps Kit Currently on sale for $30 CAD, including the lug nut caps. I bought a set of Red T on Black and Silver T on Black so I have a couple of options, and both sets seem to be excellent quality. They come with the litter grabber tool for the lug nut covers and I also bought a couple of strong suction cups from Amazon so I can pull the centre caps out without taking off the wheels. I'll probably switch to the Silver T on Black once I get my calipers painted red - will have to see what looks best.

I think I made an important discovery that will improve my enjoyment of my new Plaid today. I was getting minor headaches after driving the car for the first couple of days and I assumed it was from the intense acceleration, but I think it's actually from the one-pedal driving. I just got back from giving my neighbour a test drive and we did a couple of strong pulls on the onramps and a couple of high speed launches (had a blast, ha ha), but despite all of the full-send acceleration, my head is just fine. It seems I get a bit woozy when the car ever-so-slowly comes to a stop with the auto-hold feature, and since it's so smooth, my brain can't determine when the car has finally stopped moving. When I force the car to come to a more abrupt stop using the break pedal, I don't get this side effect. I'll have to do some more testing, but hopefully this can help someone who is having the same issue and is not used to the one-pedal driving.

Also, my sliding centre console door/cover is catching and clicking when it gets to about 80% closed. Is this normal, or perhaps one of the gears or teeth in the sliding mechanism is damaged?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I think I made an important discovery that will improve my enjoyment of my new Plaid today. I was getting minor headaches after driving the car for the first couple of days and I assumed it was from the intense acceleration, but I think it's actually from the one-pedal driving. I just got back from giving my neighbour a test drive and we did a couple of strong pulls on the onramps and a couple of high speed launches (had a blast, ha ha), but despite all of the full-send acceleration, my head is just fine. It seems I get a bit woozy when the car ever-so-slowly comes to a stop with the auto-hold feature, and since it's so smooth, my brain can't determine when the car has finally stopped moving. When I force the car to come to a more abrupt stop using the break pedal, I don't get this side effect. I'll have to do some more testing, but hopefully this can help someone who is having the same issue and is not used to the one-pedal driving.

Also, my sliding centre console door/cover is catching and clicking when it gets to about 80% closed. Is this normal, or perhaps one of the gears or teeth in the sliding mechanism is damaged?

I very much factor in the small drift when the regen stops and before the brake cuts out, but it does cause confusion for pedestrians and some cars at stop lights. Kinda do wish it would grab the brake sooner.

Cover shouldn't have any catches.

I heard people can also get headaches from the new car smell, aka off gassing.

I heard people can also get headaches from the new car smell, aka off gassing.
That’s interesting. Perhaps that’s part of it? It very much feels like a motion sickness headache though (like when I play an intense VR game). I noticed the effect a couple of days ago immediately after the regen brought the car slowly to a stop, but it didn’t happen at the next couple of lights when I used the brake pedal to come to a more abrupt stop. Maybe I’ll eventually get used to it like I do when I use my VR headset on a consistent basis, but for now I’ll continue to use the brake when coming to a stop to see if it helps.

@theatrus Thanks for confirming about the catch. Maybe I’ll have to get service to take a look at it the next time I’m in.

I use this and the LR delivery thread to obsessively try to figure out when my VIN will be issued. Don't ask me why. Yes I know it won't actually affect the VIN assignment or delivery of the car but I can think of worse obsessions.
That said, I also understand that this is the most active thread on TMC but turning this thread into an all encompassing thread has become an annoyance when there are in fact much better suited threads on TMC. This has been brought up by others before but maybe one more voice will help.
I still very much enjoy the non-delivery, irrelevant banter going on particularly after the bewitching hour. BUT please people.

Crap. I’m at the tire shop to have my wheels swapped and calipers painted but they said they can’t paint them because there’s some sort of vinyl coating on them and the paint won’t be able to stick to it. What a bummer. Maybe the only option is powder coating or caliper covers, but neither option really appeals to me.

On a brighter note, I’m getting my forged Martian wheels installed so I’m looking forward to seeing how they look. :)

Also, I now see why people are upset about the AP speed limit of the vision-only system. I was on AP at the max speed of 128km/h which is my usual highway speed anyway, but when I stepped on the accelerator to get ahead of a transport truck that was kicking up dirt, I got a bunch of alarms and got put in AP jail for the rest of the drive (wouldn’t allow me to reactivate AP until I put it in park). What the heck? Seems a bit drastic.

Crap. I’m at the tire shop to have my wheels swapped and calipers painted but they said they can’t paint them because there’s some sort of vinyl coating on them and the paint won’t be able to stick to it. What a bummer. Maybe the only option is powder coating or caliper covers, but neither option really appeals to me.

On a brighter note, I’m getting my forged Martian wheels installed so I’m looking forward to seeing how they look. :)

Also, I now see why people are upset about the AP speed limit of the vision-only system. I was on AP at the max speed of 128km/h which is my usual highway speed anyway, but when I stepped on the accelerator to get ahead of a transport truck that was kicking up dirt, I got a bunch of alarms and got put in AP jail for the rest of the drive (wouldn’t allow me to reactivate AP until I put it in park). What the heck? Seems a bit drastic.
watching. Want to see those wheels:cool: Before you said you were looking at the 19s I was looking at the same wheels with 20s. Anyone else running 20s? how much decrease in range with 20s?
I think 20s would be a good compromise looks, range, fitment, and ride .

I use this and the LR delivery thread to obsessively try to figure out when my VIN will be issued. Don't ask me why. Yes I know it won't actually affect the VIN assignment or delivery of the car but I can think of worse obsessions.
That said, I also understand that this is the most active thread on TMC but turning this thread into an all encompassing thread has become an annoyance when there are in fact much better suited threads on TMC. This has been brought up by others before but maybe one more voice will help.
I still very much enjoy the non-delivery, irrelevant banter going on particularly after the bewitching hour. BUT please people.
Not quite the most active (the Investors Roundtable thread has almost 17k pages, Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable), but it certainly is the most positive. I've hung out here while waiting for my car, then stayed due to the positivity, offering assistance where I could, enjoying the banter, but also making friends - I've met a few fellow Tesla enthusiasts who live nearby through this thread.

The camaraderie may have reached its natural end though, as it seems more and more are interested in keeping it specific to delivery forecasts only. Since I don't have a S on order anymore (although I do have another Y and a Roadster on order), I'll see myself out. Good luck, don't let the monkey get you down (lol), and I'll see you around on other threads, all!

I think that this thread is the most popular for the exact reason you’re complaining about: it’s all encompassing. It’s a bit like going to a “one-stop shopping“ store. 😄 I do agree that the participants can veer off topic from time to time. Kind of like I’m doing now. 😬

watching. Want to see those wheels:cool: Before you said you were looking at the 19s I was looking at the same wheels with 20s. Anyone else running 20s? how much decrease in range with 20s?
I think 20s would be a good compromise looks, range, fitment, and ride .
I think @Hayseed_MS is running 20s, square.