Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To me the 21’s are completely acceptable and truly remarkable in rise and noise. I switched to the 19’s because I wanted the increase in efficiency and to just try them out. They are definitely an improvement meant in noise, ride, and efficiency. But regarding looks for sure they are a step down compared to the 21’s.

This is with ~100 per day commute and 20,000 miles on the car. So I have a pretty extensive feel over the same damn SoCal roads and am very confident in the results I’ve experienced. However, for sure, different road surfaces make the attributes of each tire size more or less noticeable.

Regarding SoCal roads, no bad experience with tire damage? Bulged a 20" tire sidewall on the wife's Benz at 50 mph on the 134 in a traffic lane.

If money were no object, I'd be a little concerned about that.

Help needed...

The SC replaced the wood trim on the driver door, and it looks like they got the walnut one instead of Ebony... Or is it just a really light ebony?? Can someone with walnut/white interior confirm please?

The nightmare continues with Tesla... So far, the car has been sitting at the SC and body shop for a total of almost 4 months (out of the 9 months since delivery in July)...

Attachments

• IMG_8012.JPEG
    IMG_8012.JPEG
    372.8 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_8013.JPEG
    IMG_8013.JPEG
    327.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_8015.JPEG
    IMG_8015.JPEG
    444.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_8058.JPEG
    IMG_8058.JPEG
    356.3 KB · Views: 101
Help needed...

The SC replaced the wood trim on the driver door, and it looks like they got the walnut one instead of Ebony... Or is it just a really light ebony?? Can someone with walnut/white interior confirm please?

The nightmare continues with Tesla... So far, the car has been sitting at the SC and body shop for a total of almost 4 months (out of the 9 months since delivery in July)...
Oof oh yeah that's definitely walnut. Not ebony.

Help needed...

Well, looks like you got shafted (Sorry) that sure as sugar is not ebony on the door.

The PN on the invoice should match what is in the EPC for ebony.

Really hard to excuse this lack of attention. Are the techs color blind?

Help needed...

LOL that really is a joke. On the plus side that piece pulls out with no tools, and just clips in. Mobile can replace it for you in 30 seconds.

Well, looks like you got shafted (Sorry) that sure as sugar is not ebony on the door.

The PN on the invoice should match what is in the EPC for ebony.

Really hard to excuse this lack of attention. Are the techs color blind?
Nothing surprises me anymore... don't let me get started on the paint fixes... lol

Edited:
Sure enough... Walnut!

1649811712409.png

Last edited:
Nothing surprises me anymore... don't let me get started on the paint fixes... lol

Edited:
Sure enough... Walnut!

View attachment 793013

Check the EPC and make them order the right part!

What I see for a 2021 MS:

Decor assy, front, Left Hand Door, Ebony

1564273-02-D

Note the revision level is "D" not "C"

Maybe they did not have the latest part in stock and thought you would be so tired of waiting you would accept it.

• Informative
Reactions: MrExitStrategy
Help needed...

I’m sorry but that is ridiculous. Unless camera lighting is highly skewed, there is no way they didn’t notice this.

Help needed...

How this was installed and someone did not go "uh, I think something is wrong here" is befuddling.

Bet if you take it back and ask if they filled your blinker fluid, you would get an overwhelmingly positive "yes sir!"

Check the EPC and make them order the right part!

What I see for a 2021 MS:

Decor assy, front, Left Hand Door, Ebony

1564273-02-D

Note the revision level is "D" not "C"

Maybe they did not have the latest part in stock and thought you would be so tired of waiting you would accept it.
Thank you! When I asked them, they seem to genuinely have no idea and thought it was just the lighting lol

Yes there is a substantial difference. I find the 21’s ride very nicely, but the 19’s are another level of smoothness. No hard edges over any bumps. They are also quieter…again, 21’s are plenty quiet IMHO, but the 19’s are incredible.

I commute a lot of miles so the driving performance of the 21’s is of less value to me than the increased ride and noise comfort.

I also have 20’s and they are my least favorite of the 3 sets.
Yes there is a substantial difference. I find the 21’s ride very nicely, but the 19’s are another level of smoothness. No hard edges over any bumps. They are also quieter…again, 21’s are plenty quiet IMHO, but the 19’s are incredible.

I commute a lot of miles so the driving performance of the 21’s is of less value to me than the increased ride and noise comfort.

I also have 20’s and they are my least favorite of the 3 sets.
Why would 20’s be your least favorite? Doesn’t make sense. Unless your considering the type of tires or type of wheels.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
This is tesla, lol nothing is ridiculous. They literally have zero QC.

I’ve had great experience with Service where they went above and beyond specially in a high traffic area as mine (NY). Provided AS tires for free when my MS came with Summer tires, replaced everything I had issues with (wrinkly upholstery in my new MS, missing seat control button, etc), fixed scratches on body.

But I totally understand - my close family friends on the other hand were treated terribly at the same location for their legitimate concerns.
Such a hit or miss but yeah, this is just so out of the way nonsensical on their part. It’s a shame.