Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, that is a great corner case for wanting the mobile charger. But come on, tell me the truth, your friend has a Tesla charger at their house.....Joke. :)
Well, it is all about choice. If, when ordering a car now, the option is there on the ordering page to include this bundle then fine. If the option to include is not there then one can assume it will be supplied. I like to explore the more remote areas of the country, renting cabins or homes. I will need the option to charge and will purchase the adapter package to use with my included charge bundle/charge cord.

I think it's totally fine to not include it in the car as long as it's clear when you place the order, but one should be made available for purchase at the time of delivery for purchase. Not all of us have had Teslas before with extra chargers sitting around the house and most of us buy it with the promise of the convenience of charging from home. I don't want to be put in a situation where I pick up my car but can't charge it at home. At that point, it's worse than a gas car as I not only have to go out of my way to "refuel" but it takes longer than the 5 minutes it does to put gasoline in the tank.

If, when ordering a car now, the option is there on the ordering page to include this bundle then fine. If the option to include is not there then one can assume it will be supplied.
What? Why would there be an option for you to select it you get it and if the option was not there, it is just included by default. Why include the option in the first place (e.g. what they have been doing forever)?

I still think the ideal scenario is to just sell one at time of the order for a discount. Subsidize the charger through the price of the car. Hell, you have been giving them away for free, so what is $200 now?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My estimated delivery was May/June now it’s Aug 9th-Oct 4th. Anyone else get a significant delay in delivery?
When did you order it? I ordered mine on March 1st. I also live in South Florida. My signature shows the changes, it's been in Aug/September now for almost two months and hasn't changed. This is probably better than when I ordered my Mercedes S550 in 2007, it was 13 months to get.

What? Why would there be an option for you to select it you get it and if the option was not there, it is just included by default. Why include the option in the first place (e.g. what they have been doing forever)?

I still think the ideal scenario is to just sell one at time of the order for a discount. Subsidize the charger through the price of the car. Hell, you have been giving them away for free, so what is $200 now?
It is allegedly what they will be doing from now on. I can understand that there are many customers with multiple Tesla's that do not need any more of these connector bundles.

It is allegedly what they will be doing from now on. I can understand that there are many customers with multiple Tesla's that do not need any more of these connector bundles.
.....and the enormous waste associated with not using said chargers. If Tesla sells 10M cars, and let's say 35% don't use those chargers, that's 3.5 million unused chargers, which will waste away in the car's trunk. Logically, especially as Tesla scales, that waste becomes more of a pressing issue, and eventually becomes very large. I do think it should be equipped by default, with a heavy incentive to opt out to discourage massive waste.

(This is just my POV and my opinion, YOMV) 😃

Reactions: Mwolfe
Has anyone, anywhere replaced their yoke with an aftermarket non-yoke steering wheel?
There’s this hideous thing. :)

Oh, it’s for the Y. I was laughing so hard I hadn’t noticed.

• Funny
Took delivery on Saturday! 4/16
Ordered 4/2/22. Scoured Inventory and got matched to a inventory vehicle after refreshing 3 times daily.
A0139F73-D2FD-42E4-9A84-956634490BE7.jpeg